Help Character Help?

• Thread starter SilverStorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SilverStorm

I searched through a couple of pages and couldn't find something quite like this, so I decided to just ask. I need help making a good primary party and a great secondary/back up party. I know some people may say "just use who you like" but if I do it that way, I feel I won't be using the best party. So if you all could be kind enough to help me choose my primary party and secondary party with the following aspects: Gambits, Weapons, Armor, Accessories, Magicks, and Techniks.

I know each of the characters are better off well rounded, and I plan to do that eventually, but if you could just provide the best stuff to use until I get to that point it would be great. Thanks a bunch. ^.^

Since every character can equip anything if you learn the proper license on the licenses board, it hard to tell you what to choose. I usually use Fran, Vaan and Ashes mas my primary party. I never use my back up party (the only exception is to perform Quickenings on some bosses). I usually equip Fran with long rage weapons (bows) and the rest of my party with the strongest swords and best shields available. As for armors, I equip heavy armors on everyone. I learn magic for every characters that way every character can cure the rest of the crew for example.

Some people like to give specific roles to each character (black mage, white mage, warrior, etc..) but I think that makes the game more challenging. I never tried.

I searched through a couple of pages and couldn't find something quite like this, so I decided to just ask. I need help making a good primary party and a great secondary/back up party. I know some people may say "just use who you like" but if I do it that way, I feel I won't be using the best party. So if you all could be kind enough to help me choose my primary party and secondary party with the following aspects: Gambits, Weapons, Armor, Accessories, Magicks, and Techniks.

I know each of the characters are better off well rounded, and I plan to do that eventually, but if you could just provide the best stuff to use until I get to that point it would be great. Thanks a bunch. ^.^

Hmm well it's all about personal preference. for me, i have Vaan, Ashe and Fran, like so many others, but sometimes i switch fran with Penelo as my main party, it all depends on how i feel and where i am.

I'll post what i equip my group with. (i don't really use techniks.)
Vaan - Heavy/light +1h swords/maces/poles
Penelo - mystic + daggers/poles/staves
Ashe -heavy +1h swords/ninja swords
Basch - heavy + 2h swords/axes/katanas/maces
Fran - light/mystic + bows/crossbows/axes
Baltheir - light + bows/crossbows/bombs

For gambits i usually just stick Vann with nearest foe and everyone else on leader's target except for Penelo who has Cura <70% and Raise Any ally.

For elemental battles i add the elemental spells to her gambit list and switch it with cura.

Erm don't know if my info really helped but that's just an example of how i use my party.

I have managed to do everything besides Omega Mark XII and Zodiark with just Basche, Ashe and Vaan as my leading 3 people and the others are never used. But when it came to Yiazmat they were most needed after a while.

I have both Vaan and Bashe with 2H swords and ashe with a 1H, there gambits are set to primarily cure status effects followed by greatly healing and then the enemy attack.

Back