Right to deliver the Final Judgment

Valkyrur

White Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Auralesca Vlangia
Okay, this came to me as an absolutely random thought. I thought it would make quite an interesting discussion point nevertheless, so I put it here. It's not meant to offend any religion whatsoever... And I'm Catholic too anyway... So yeah... Disclaimers aside, here's the thought.

If God created Life... And Life was never fair to begin with... And if Judgment, as seen in the case of actual court cases, can only be delivered by one who is impartial - fair, in other words... Then how does God, who supposedly delivers the Final Judgment, and isn't fair because his, presumably, greatest creation wasn't, have any right to do so?

Fire away!

If God created Life... And Life was never fair to begin with... And if Judgment, as seen in the case of actual court cases, can only be delivered by one who is impartial - fair, in other words... Then how does God, who supposedly delivers the Final Judgment, and isn't fair because his, presumably, greatest creation wasn't, have any right to do so?
God can be looked at as fair. In Genesis, He said not to take a bite out of the apple. Man did so anyway. Your question only brings into account that God is so fair (not destroying evil immediately but leaving it to test mankind), that we can't understand it as humans...

God is fair , life is a test , god said what's right and what's wrong it's up to u to choose and u do whatever u want then god judge u in the end when ur time comes.
so u can't compare god's judgments with a human judgment i guess.

When Lucifer was exiled from heaven, he deceived Eve into eating the forbidden fruit. Eve then tempted Adam to eat it also and so he did.
There was nothing magical about the forbidden fruit. What happened was that they were ashamed for eating it, which made them realize that they were naked. With shame came fear and secret. This is how sin was born unto man. The only 'knowledge' was the sin itself.

Since then, God is unable to undo the imperfection of man without messing with free will. If he did, he would be imperfect.
An important thing you have to take into account is the concept of God's holiness. He is perfect, and with that comes exaction.
If you sin, than it has to be balanced by redemption.

Man is born into sin, and so 'judging' is rather choosing the lesser of two evils. Every imaginable motive avails human judgment. God has none, except to see His creation be completed in the best possible way.

Judging is not a sin, yet the full context of one's judgment may be a sinful one. Sin is what brought on judgment, and so being a sinful judge has to be a nose-dive plunge into hell.

I think that if God is there, He has the right to judge. He has done no wrong unto man. Man did it to themselves through their free will.
Free will = Life. Without it, you are only an 'empty vessel'.
Man is forced to judge to maintain it's imperfect order. God is forced to judge because we are sinners.
Balance is the key word here. It means even, fair, right, ect. and that is God's aim: to be the righteous judge.

Back