Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
White Elephant

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this game, it is similar to the gift exchange but with a little fun twist.
I'll explain how to play the original game first to provide some clarity.

**All participants will have their name drawn in a hat one-by-one.

**The person who gets their name drawn first will pick a gift (you can't pick your own gift) and unwraps it. (NOTE: The gift may NOT be final yet, and you'll find out why.)

**The second person who gets their name drawn has an option to steal someone's gift (in this case the first person) if they really want that gift, OR they can pick a random gift instead.

- IF the second person steals, we put a sticker on the gift to keep track of how many times it's been stolen since the gift can be stolen up to 3 times!The first person will then pick ANOTHER gift and unwrap it.

- IF the second person pick a random gift instead, they will unwrap it and hold on to their gift in the meantime but it can be stolen from the third, fourth, fifth person, etc.

***Repeat process until every single one have chosen or stolen a gift. It is not required to steal - if you really want the item, pray that someone doesn't steal it from you or that you are its fourth possessor. Only then will the gift be finally safe in your hands!

***Last but not least, by the end of the game, in order to make it fair for the first person (since they obviously don't get a chance to steal in the beginning of the game), he or she can choose to swap any item that is not considered safe.

Forum Event

Now in order to implement this on the forum, we'll use signatures as gifts, in which by the end of the game, the participants will have to wear the signatures until Christmas as that signature is a 'gift'. No exceptions.

We will use random signatures from various GFX artists - I'll PM them asking for their permissions.

I will set up a boxed image numbered from 1-10 (let's say there's 10 participants in total) each 'containing' a signature, which only I can see. I'll draw members' names from a hat OR depending if they are online the same time that I am. That way we won't have to wait around forever for those who are called up next.

Example:

Let's say Andrew gets called up first. He has to post whatever number he wants, and I will then 'open' that box and reveal (by post) the signature given to him.

Jay goes up next, but he has two options.
A) Steal Andrew's signature
B) Pick a number to reveal another signature. If he steals Andrew's signature, Andrew will then have to pick another number > signature. (Signatures may only be stolen 3 times)

Repeat process. Same rule apply for the first person towards the end of the game (
he or she can choose to swap any item that is not considered safe)

I'll keep track of signatures that have been stolen.

----------

Interested in joining? Then use this thread to sign up. =] Please make sure that you will at least log in a few times a day just in case you're up next. If I find that you are too inactive, your turn will be skipped as needed and the game may be completed with or without you.

I'll keep this open for a few days or until we've reached a certain amount of participants, so first come first serve! Once I close sign-ups, that's it, I will no longer take late requests to join, and the game will begin. Remember, it is important that you keep your word and wear the signature that you end up with until Christmas. Be considerate for the artists that created the tags.

Here's last year's version:

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/competitions-and-events/white-elephant-35418.html

Participants

Jill Valentine
Tia
Cali
Joey
Channy
Jay
Ewan
Ali
Jess
Sexy Beast
Kelly
Ariana
Silver Shadow
Adri

Last edited:
I participated in this last year and it was fun. I got a nice sig out of it too. :8F:

Sign me up. xD

I've never done somethin' like this, but I'll sign up too! I think I pretty much get the rules(if I get confused I'll ask:wacky:)also, I'm very active here so I'll always be around.

I remember this from last year. Go ahead and sign me up as well.

I'd like to join as well. :)

Sign me up too pleaaaase, I don't even remember what sig I'm using atm. O_O

Edit: Oh, that gorgeous one Fusionist made :sad3:

I rememebr this from last year and i dont think i had to make anything, so aye... il participate :8F:

Alright awesome! All active participants too. That's 11 so far. I'll see if one or two more wants a go at it and then I'll close sign ups. Might start it later today.

This sounds interesting... I really need a new sig also. Aya has been stuck on me for so long xD So yes sign me up.. I have exams tuesday though and tomorrow I am studying. It should be alright. Then I am on break.

If I get confused Ill just ask

And closed! Give me some time to acquire the signatures (almost done) and then we'll start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back