Crisis Core sephiroth,genesis,angeal cutscene

sephiroth24300

ON YOUR KNEES! I WANT YOU TO BEG FOR FORGIVENESS.-
Gil
does anyone else think that the hi-res cutscene of sephiroth,genesis, and angeal fighting each other was the coolest and the best cutscene in the game?

does anyone else want to see what would have happened between sephiroth and genesis if angeal didn't interfere? I know I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just by watching i saw genesis get thrown around by seph when he actually stopped holding back, and sephiroth manhandled zack, who was stronger than gen, so yes, genesis would have been owned harder than zack was at the reactor.

sephiroth held back

yeah, sephiroth would have DESTROYED genesis if angeal didn't stop him. I also think sephiroth was holding for most of the fight. I believe he stopped holding back after he escaped that ball of fire that genesis made, which would have done NOTHING to sephiroth even if angeal didn't stop genesis from finishing the attack. but sephiroth stopped holding back when he landed on the cannon and his one-winged angel theme started playing, then angeal saw this and unfortunatly stopped both of them.

I know I'm happy with it the way it was - if Sephiroth had lost then I expect that every Sephiroth fan would have taken up arms and would never have shut up about it, and if he had won then their irritating smugness would have driven everyone else insane.

Unless you're Cloud Strife, fighting Sephiroth is a lose-lose situation. If you lose, you get mocked, and if you win, then you get bashed to hell and back for beating the fan's favourite white-haired pretty boy with a sword that suggests in no uncertain terms that he's overcompensating for something else. A draw was a good way for the battle to end, considering Genesis WAS the primary antagonist in Crisis Core.

It was inconclusive. Inconclusive. Just because Sephiroth took Genesis by surprise towards the end of it does NOT mean that he would have won the fight if it had been allowed to play out.

...besides, Genesis is cooler than Sephiroth anyway. He's more intelligent, far better looking, and he can turn his sword into a LIGHTSABER.

sephiroth rules

for the record genesis' sword IS NOT A LIGHTSABER. even though it is cool when he does that. but genesis is not better. he is definetly not smarter and he is reckless, because when angeal stopped them, genesis completely ignored him and almost lost an arm as a result. sephiroth knew when to leave well enough alone.

Well for one I loved that particular scene. I thought it was beautiful. When Sephiroth starts to hit hard at the end only to realize it was training. Still poor Genesis got cut. But I dont like Sephiroth. I much prefer Genesis. Like Martel said. Lightsabers ftw xD

Well for one I loved that particular scene. I thought it was beautiful. When Sephiroth starts to hit hard at the end only to realize it was training. Still poor Genesis got cut. But I dont like Sephiroth. I much prefer Genesis. Like Martel said. Lightsabers ftw xD

Lol didn't the Sephiroth guy say that it wasn't a lightabre?

That battle was the only good scene in the entire game, He obviously didn't get the short end of the stick when it comes to intelligence.

I think the biggest difference between the two is that Sephiroth managed to fully control his strength and abilities the whole way through while Genesis seemed to be just throwing everything he had at him. Don't get me wrong Genesis is my favourite character but Sephiroth just seems to know how to respond to everything andmake himself look cool in the process.

I think the biggest difference between the two is that Sephiroth managed to fully control his strength and abilities the whole way through while Genesis seemed to be just throwing everything he had at him. Don't get me wrong Genesis is my favourite character but Sephiroth just seems to know how to respond to everything andmake himself look cool in the process.

Cool, Calm and collected personality. That's pretty much why Sephiroth is so powerful, well..that's my opinion about him in observation.

I've never seen him get pissed off. EVER.

Laugh like a crazy fool or preach, Yes. Get Pissed? No. lol.

Well i too think seph is the strongest. Creators said that CC seph was the strongest at the time and he hopelessly manhandled Zack who was stronger than genesis. I think genesis`s rashness and hot head are somewhat of a downside to his combat. Seph is also genetically superior to gen.

yes, it's the coolest FMV in the game. But just what magic did Genesis use against Sephy? XD it's not firaga, not flare, but not meteor? XD

and yes i agree, Genesis is cooler than sephy! But since he disappeared later on, I became taken a liking to sephy ^^

I've never seen him get pissed off. EVER.

Laugh like a crazy fool or preach, Yes. Get Pissed? No. lol.

Actually, you forget the Neiblehiem incident, after Cloud runs him through with Zack's sword. Sephiroth was pissed off quite a bit.

And yes, it's not a lightsabre, but rather Genesis was activating a runic spell engraved into the sword to give it that explosive power strike, much like how swordsmen in earlier (and later) merge magic with blades (Vivi and Stiener from FF9 for example, only Genesis didn't need a second person to do this trick)

But I love this cutscene is by far the best. I love the conversation at the beginning. It gives Sephy a sense of humor =P

Sephy: Loveless, Act 1
Genesis: So you remembered.
Sephy: How could I not when you've beaten it into my head?

Angelus was kick ass. By far, one of my favorite characters.
And yes, I loved that scene. It had my eyes glued to the screen!

The scene was pretty good even when Angeal got involved he didn't use the Buster sword but the regular Shinra sword which was great because he never liked to used the Buster sword. I like how the fight starts between Genesis and Sephiroth because they are talking one minute as friend and then having a heated battle the next which made the scene one of the best scenes in the game

The cutscene was good because it shows us Genesis's intentions and also we get to see the shadow of what will Sephiroth become.

And the One Winged Angel remake is fantastic :)

It wasn't the coolest in the game, per se, but it was very well done, in my opinion. It really showed off the PSP specs and was visually attractive. I liked the fact that they made Sephiroth seem as though he was owning them both. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, though, the scene was very awesome and I looked forward to seeing it so much that I set it as my PSP gameboot. *wink*

Back