Chocobo Hot n Cold FFIX vs Chocobo Racing/Breeding FFVII

MasterVivi

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So FFVII and FFIX probably both have the two most important and rewarding Chocobo sidequests in all of Final Fantasy (at least of the ones that I have played), but which one of the two was more fun to do..

Both revolve around you basically training your chocobo in one way or another to finally get the gold version (which can take you anywhere on the world map even to places that the airship cannot.)

For me it would have to be Chocobo Hot and cold.. That game,while it could be very frustrating at times, was actually kind of fun now looking back.. THe lagoon was much more fun than the stupid forest and air garden though.. But I loved getting a hit and seeing that an item was burried very deep and getting all excited thinking it was going to be a chocograph or a chocograph piece only to discover it was a tent or something stupid like that.. Just great times..

FFVII's racing and breeding to me was just um..... annoying.. The racing was repetitve and the only time it got exciting was when that one idiot with the black chocobo came and challanged you (THAT GUY IS A CHEATER!) The breeding was just as frustrating for me.. DO you know how many times i had to turn off my counsel to get the right colors and genders? I had a blue male chocobo, so I was breeding my two yellows again hoping for a green female but I kept getting: blue male, blue female, green male, blue male, green male etc... So Frustrating... But I will say however that the rewards for having a gold chocobo is probably greater in this game.. Knights of the round + mimic ftw!..

So which did you prefer? Or are there other chocobo games from other ff's that I'm missing that you enjoyed more than either of these two?:D

FF7 chocobo breeder was good because you could have more than just one,compete and etc,but it was sooo annoying to get the right color.Reset the game a lot because of that.

So,besides it's kinda more complete than 9,I prefer Hot 'n Cold,it was funnier.

10's chocobo sidequest was linked with how to obtain Tidus's Legendary weapon,but those races sucked a lot,it was somewhat glitchy and those birds appearing were just unfair sometimes,they could hit you more than 1,and when they did,well,you had lost already. 0:00 score,no more.

Back