National Novel Writing Month

Gaige

Mechromancer
Veteran
Gil
Basically, this is a month that allows you to write a novel, or part of a novel, so long as it reaches at least 50000 words. While it may seem like a lot, it's only five or six pages a day, really. It's apparently very good for inspiration and gives you pep talks AND ADVICE from leading authors.

There is no necessary limits or genre, and it can have whatever content you like. It also gets you constructive criticism from others, and is really worth while for any writers or would be writers to get the motivation they need to write.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

I'm entering for the first time, and I'm kinda excited. Has anyone else ever entered, or is anyone planning to enter? I'd really advise it. Just look around and you'll find yourself motivated.

This would probably be the first time I could actually start it on time :lew:

I've never done it before myself, but I've always wanted to. I've got all these ideas floating in my head, but no initiative to write them out, and eventually the fade over time or when I do think about them, I start second-guessing if they're worth pursuing :/

Apparently week two is when it gets really difficult to carry on with the project, but if you get past it you'll be doing great. The whole point is spontaneous writing, and maybe writing something that's flawed all over the place. The point is to write a first draft, however crap it may be.I know mine is far from perfect, and despite my inner perfectionist, I'm excited to give this a go..

I'm going to give this a go. I was going to enter last year, but I was too busy last November to even do it. Just joined up now, let's see how this goes! :gasp:

I'll give it a shot.
Whether or not I can stick to it is another question...:gasp:
Well, I guess we'll see.

Dude. . .50,000 is the least amount of words ONE chapter has for me when I write a fanfic or an original story. I am definitely going to try this out. It'll most likely help me out with my goal in becoming an author for a career in the future.

Wow, I wish I had seen this a long time ago, it took me about 10 years to write my first one :lew: And I'm *still* editing it :ffs: Granted, it's about 220,000 words and 450 pages, but still...if I could put all the things in my head onto paper for the next one within one month, that would be a miracle XD

:gonk: Didn't even have time to write anything yesterday, and I don't even have a plan.

Might go with a fanfiction or something, as that I way I only need to think of a plot, and not also create characters, settings, etc. :hmmm:
I'll probably fail epically this year, but at least I'll know in advance for next year, so I can start planning through October or something.

I didn't even write anything yesterday either, although I had plenty of time to do so. :wacky:

I'll make up for it later on this afternoon/evening. I've got a good plot in the running and characters in the making, I just need to put it down in words. xD

Well hey, we've got a whole 30 days to post something. Ive already thought I'd submit the first chapter of a huge story I've been planning on working on since my freshman year. I thought I could get constructive criticism to see if it's a good start for my story. I've already got two other of my close friends thinking of participating in this too.

Out of curiosity, will y'all be using the same names on the site as you use here?
My user name there is Wardishy (Dishy was taken).

Nope. My username is RayeAvelen. Because one of the characters' name is Estrella in the story (though she won't be appearing until the 7th part of the story, and I'm only working on chapter 1 for submission - but I thought I'd use my first name middle name for a username instead.).

I haven't signed-up or written anything yet either :ness:

I actually have no real incentive to do an actual sign-up, but I still kind of wanted to do the challenge of 50,000 words in November, but school is keeping me busy. I'm exhausted most days to boot. Just now I woke up from an untimely nap brought on by having been awake about 24 hours straight X_x

I have original story ideas, but they're a little too smutty for me to comfortably share online yet, so fanfiction seems to be what I'm aiming for. Although...

I'd like to think I have original ideas, but I can admit at times I'm more or less ripping off concepts from established fandoms, so I might as well just admit I'm doing fanfics with my own characters *shrugs*

I'd like to think I have original ideas, but I can admit at times I'm more or less ripping off concepts from established fandoms, so I might as well just admit I'm doing fanfics with my own characters *shrugs*

Bwahaha, same. :wacky:
I'm a decent writer (I think), but I'm a little lacking in the imagination department. :sad3:

I've written most of my background and plot, so real writing should commence very soon... :hmmm:

Back