PC League of Legends

Ramiel

Blue Octahedron of Doom
Gil

So, does anyone here play this game?

While I haven't played DotA I can safely say that this is a game that is similar to DotA but also very different. DotA players can read this to learn the differences between the games: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/dota_and_lol

----------

The game is completely free to play. You may choose to spend money if you wish however it can only be used for cosmetic items and things that are already buyable with normal in-game currency (IP) so don't worry.

For those who aren't familiar with this type of game (I think it's called AoS, from the SC:BW map Aeon of Strife, or even Action RTS), it's like a Real Time Strategy game however you can only control one "champion" (or "hero"). Each game, whether it's 5v5 or 3v3, has two teams with an equal number of champion, all controlled by humans (there is a way to play with bots however only in practice games and you won't accomplish anything over there). Automated, computer controlles waves of creeps (minions) spawn from each team's Nexus and attack the other team through the three lanes (top, mid and bottom). These minions can be killed by heroes in order to gain gold (which can be used to buy items and equipment), experience and to "push" the lane. There are 3 powerful turrets in each lane, and also 2 near each Nexus. It is up to the brave champions and the summoners (players) that control them to use teamplay to push their lanes and ultimately engage in large-scale team fights to determine who will win the game.

There are about 65 or such champions, and many more will be added through updates. Only 8 champions are free-to-play each week, however buying them with IP (in-game currency, not real money!) will permanently allow you to play them.

Register here!

-----------

To those who play it - post your usernames, tell us who your favourite heroes are, and bitch about how stupid the devs are!

Username's xShinryuu (US). I only have Janna and Jax bought so far because I haven't been playing for a very long time.

EDIT: I almost forgot... while this may prevent new people from starting to play this game, I do have to say that the game has a rather steep learning curve and there are A LOT OF THINGS TO READ AND LEARN, and you WILL get your ass handed to you many, many times before you learn how to play well. That doesn't mean you shouldn't start playing it, though :3

EDIT 2: I also forgot to mention that it's very time consuming - matches last 30m-1h and if you leave a game or AFK for a long period of time then the consequences will never be the same, so be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shu
Herp derp bump

(Am level 30 now with about 270 normal wins and just as many losses)

actually i do play, its pretty fun i mean they do lots of useless things in the game but its fun as long as you dont play with serious people

Here is one player! I wonder if there are more players on this forum today because the popularity of LoL has exploded during the last year or so. I really recommend this game to everyone! Great fun and after you play few matches you will probably get hooked! I've played something like 600 matches and still haven't got bored with this game. New champions and different teams guarantee that every match is unique.

My nick is Kikkelipää666 and I'm at level 30. I've tried some ranked matches but only won few of those.

Favourite champions must be Brand . He is just ultracool and has extremely badass voice. Using his skills and creating some combos are just plain fun!

But I also enjoy playing with over powered Rammus He is such a devastating tank and is one of the few tanks that can actually carry the whole team to victory!

EDIT: BTW should this thread be moved to Online gaming because well... it's an online game :D

Last edited:
I started playing League of Legends recently. Im currently at Lv 19 at the moment. Im trying to get to Lv 20 to buy the tier 3 runes. I only have 4 champs in stock. If you would like to play with me sometime please feel free to add me. My username is Excavator.

I know a few mates who use to play it like made, but I never played it, I never really got into MMORPG's really, cuz I mostly play RPG's for the storyline, and most MMORPG's don't have the storyline :wacky: but from what i seen from it the gameplay looks pretty good and the graphics look good as well :)

Alright I just want to say, that I'm truly getting obsessed with this game. I have logged probably only around 12 hours into it thus far, but am rapidly learning how to play with different summoner's altogether. For a free game I totally recommend this game highly.

If anyone plays this, you are welcome to add me: Ch1shu.

What do I love about it?

Well they pretty much laid out each class definition in a clear and concise manner.

1) You have your glass cannon mages who still hit for millions, but take so much damage.

2) You have your support who generally work as heal bots or stun machines

3) You have your Stealth class who wait for the opportunity to sneak in while your minions attack.

4) You have your melee class who basically need to make as many quick attacks as possible and/or stun/knock the person in the air before they get away....

It keeps going.. this game is like a constantly moving chess piece. If you love RTS's in a small scale, you would love this game once you learn your summoner and Tower evasion and how to deal with the zoning.

Trust me.. I don't promote much as far as online PC's.. but I guess this deserves a good rating.

10/10 for the uber good content for a free game.

I started playing League of Legends recently. Im currently at Lv 19 at the moment. Im trying to get to Lv 20 to buy the tier 3 runes. I only have 4 champs in stock. If you would like to play with me sometime please feel free to add me. My username is Excavator.

Alright I just want to say, that I'm truly getting obsessed with this game. I have logged probably only around 12 hours into it thus far, but am rapidly learning how to play with different summoner's altogether. For a free game I totally recommend this game highly.

If anyone plays this, you are welcome to add me: Ch1shu.

What do I love about it?

Well they pretty much laid out each class definition in a clear and concise manner.

1) You have your glass cannon mages who still hit for millions, but take so much damage.

2) You have your support who generally work as heal bots or stun machines

3) You have your Stealth class who wait for the opportunity to sneak in while your minions attack.

4) You have your melee class who basically need to make as many quick attacks as possible and/or stun/knock the person in the air before they get away....

It keeps going.. this game is like a constantly moving chess piece. If you love RTS's in a small scale, you would love this game once you learn your summoner and Tower evasion and how to deal with the zoning.

Trust me.. I don't promote much as far as online PC's.. but I guess this deserves a good rating.

10/10 for the uber good content for a free game.

I've been playing this game since like... last May. I own about 40 of the champions and there's others I'm decent with from their free weeks too. XD I've been level 30 for ages, and I have around 630 normal wins.

I don't venture into the ranked scene much, because I like derping in my normals too much. But anyways. My name in game is Tatheria, and if anyone wants to play, give me a shout. Even if you've just started, I like helping people learn. :3

Also. Support poooooower. <3

I'll be adding the two people I quoted as well, I can stalk FFFers without being on the site now!

And Shu, you forgot ranged DPS champions. :wacky: But that's okay.

I've been playing this game since like... last May. I own about 40 of the champions and there's others I'm decent with from their free weeks too. XD I've been level 30 for ages, and I have around 630 normal wins.

I don't venture into the ranked scene much, because I like derping in my normals too much. But anyways. My name in game is Tatheria, and if anyone wants to play, give me a shout. Even if you've just started, I like helping people learn. :3

Also. Support poooooower. <3

I'll be adding the two people I quoted as well, I can stalk FFFers without being on the site now!

And Shu, you forgot ranged DPS champions. :wacky: But that's okay.

Ya like Ashe and Lux :rage:. I'm not much of a PVPer but I'll PvE. So throw down an invite and I'll play a little intermediate PvE. :wacky:

My favorite Champions thus far are Veigar, Ziggs, Shaco and Teemo.

I'm down for a little action on this game. I've been kindasorta playing it recently, and I'm not that bad......................on beginner.

Feel free to add me CardiacKiller88. Just let me know who you are so that I don't delete your request.

Last edited:
Riot to retire League of Legends classic skins

Riot has announced it’s to retire four classic League of Legends skins on March 12. The skins are: Emerald Taric, Unmasked Kayle, Nightmare Cho’Gath, and Butcher Urgot. This weekend, you can get them on sale for 75% off and champions associated with the skins will be 20% off as well.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/09/league-of-legends-to-retire-classic-skins/

Necronecronecro.

I love this game a hell of a lot. I play it on a daily basis and have around 800 normal wins. I prefer PvP but can do PvE, and generally stay off the ranked scene.

I generally play supports/tanks and mages, and usually go for duo bot while supporting or solo mid as a mage. I main Viktor, Ziggs, Lux, Leona, Janna, and probably some more that I can't remember on the spot.

Name's Haleryst in game. Feel free to shoot me an add if you like. I tend to be on from around...9PM GMT and then stick around for the rest of the night.

Yeeeah I play this game from time to time. I'm level 25 now. *coughs*

I usually use Teemo, Ashe, and Master Yi and then I'll just usually practice with a few F2P champs to get a feel for 'em. Add me in game and send me an invite, my name's: ArcaneAngel92. Like a boss. :mokken:

i played this game pretty seriously.. i was pretty low elo (1650ish) but I was on a team that scrimmed pretty regularly so i was definitely pretty good...

just taking taking a break from it for now.. send me a PM if you wanna play ;)

I started playing this game about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. First real game that my irl friends actually play so that makes it a lot more enjoyable. I find it as a real strategy based game that requires you to think at every moment. If you step out of line once, you're dead. I'm still fairly new to this game, just hit level 30 probably about 3 weeks ago and I feel as though i'm starting to understand most of the game.

My best postion atm is probably Mid or Support. I love Mid because you push your lane, and then go gank another lane to help the other lanes snowball. You have accessibility to both top and bottom. Support is nice because i've always enjoyed the healing class in most games.

I'm also huge on watching the competitive scene. League of Legends is definitley becoming the star in esports right now and I can see big things happening in the future. The prize pool for the Season 2 Championship is 2 Million$! That just goes to show you Riot is 100% dedicated to making this the next big Esports to pass Starcraft 2.

If anyone plays this game and is interested in playing a game add me! IGN: I Gave U Obesity

Oh damn.

I've seen the first spotlight, but the second one is like ten times better. I'm surprised they didn't pop Lux into the Demacia team over Fiora or Vayne though. I always forget that both are Demacian.

Anyway, not much has changed playstyle wise. I finally broke 1000 wins, because I'm a dirty nerd with no life. I have a team I play with pretty much daily, and we all have preset roles. I'm our team's mid. I mainly play Zyra, Lux, Ahri and Orianna. Orianna's farm potential with blue is just plain sexy.

We've also been switching up roles recently to be able to mesh better, at the suggestion of our rather smart solo top and AD carry. Jungle Shyvana is a total beast, and I love how early I can gank with her.

Rantrantrant Ilovethisgame.

Oh damn.

I've seen the first spotlight, but the second one is like ten times better. I'm surprised they didn't pop Lux into the Demacia team over Fiora or Vayne though. I always forget that both are Demacian.

Anyway, not much has changed playstyle wise. I finally broke 1000 wins, because I'm a dirty nerd with no life. I have a team I play with pretty much daily, and we all have preset roles. I'm our team's mid. I mainly play Zyra, Lux, Ahri and Orianna. Orianna's farm potential with blue is just plain sexy.

We've also been switching up roles recently to be able to mesh better, at the suggestion of our rather smart solo top and AD carry. Jungle Shyvana is a total beast, and I love how early I can gank with her.

Rantrantrant Ilovethisgame.

They're making a new map when they release Elise :3

I think it's obvious that I love League of Legends. I spend most of my time playing this game when I'm not playing Starcraft or Dragon age.

I've been playing since Lulu first came out xD

I most play AP Mid, AD carry, or Support. I main as (In order): Ahri, Ezreal, Nidalee, Lux, Teemo, Varus, Ashe, and Soraka.

Ahri has been my favorite AP mid champion for a long time <3

I have a ridiculous amount of characters for what little time I've been playing the game. >.>U I've been only playing like 3 or 4 months and have like 50 some characters unlocked ^-^;; I mainly play Garen or Soraka recently, but know how to play Ahri, Jarvan, and Tristana well also. My name on there is Kinikko too, add meh. :3

Back