PC League of Legends

Did pretty well in my games today. Am very happy. <3 playing support. Only really played AP Carry cause nobody else was a mid-able toon. :dry:

Click for da bigger version.

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg

Last edited:
Love Elise and Zed:

Was able to pull off a Quadra with Elise two days ago.

Zed, is really difficult to use correctly, but when used right... its nuts.

I've yet to run into anybody who knows how to play Zed worth a damn. Every game with him in it they've really blew and the ones that I got on our team were sooo whiny. >.>

That's one of the reasons I hate having random people. I can't stand how bitchy some people on your own team get.

I liked to build champions that go against the Meta sometimes just for fun, AND make it work.

For example, just for shits and giggles, I played ADC Ahri and I once played ADC Soraka and got a Pentakill :3

I also once played Sona Jungle and made it work. I sometimes play Annie Jungle as well.

Sorry for double post, but today's match was soooo fun! :D I had like 4k hp by the end of the game. XD

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 207
Yes I play, Letely? No.

I played this game strictly for a year straight and now im on what I refer to as a "break" since I still play it once or twice a month. Im primarily a jungler specializing in tanky/support junglers. If Im not able to do that you can find me in the top lane.

Fav champ is Singed.
Fav jungler is either Amumu or Hecarim.

League of Legends' pre-season update to focus map vision, late game growth

League-of-Legends.jpg

League of Legends' third season recently ended with a shocking cliffhanger, as Ziggs was revealed to be the lovechild of Gragas, who had himself been framed for the horrific slaughter of hundreds of minions. None of that is true, but I know more about TV than sport, and so like to pretend that LoL's seasonal shifts relate to that instead. As we head towards the new pre-season, Riot have been running through the balance changes that will arrive along with it.

But will Season 4 of League of Legends be comparable to any season of 24, where small tweaks are made to the same basic formula; or will it be more like the last season of Fringe, with all of the existing plot lines abandoned for something really dumb? Well, dumber. A new video by Riot explains what to expect.

The basic philosophy is to alter the way vision works, and to address the late game slump that's been identified among support and jungle heroes. For vision, Riot are shifting the responsibility for ward placements away from individual players, and to the team as a whole. You can read about those changes in more detail here.

Elsewhere, alterations are being made to encourage late game comebacks. That includes a change to inhibitors, so that only minions in that lane are buffed. For a full rundown of what's planned, head over to Riot's introductory pre-season post.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/18/league-of-legends-pre-season-update-to-focus-map-vision-late-game-growth/

I got sucked into this game right after the holiday season and I have to say it is a lot of fun. Right now I'm only level 17 but if anyone wants to play just add me ShadyLegend23. My favorites to play with so far is Malzahar, Kayle, Mordekaiser and Karma. Just bought Vel'Koz too and he is fun while different.

What exactly is the hype of this game?
:hmmm: even my co-workers where talking about League of Legends a few days ago and Idunno I was too lazy to read the posts about it :spaz:I've never even really played it, just because i'm not really a PC gamer :tehe:but I've heard it's hella fun.

>.>

<.<

>.<

I've been playing this with friends recently! :) Tend to play Caitlyn ADC, but planning to learn top as Aatrox or Fiora, and supp as Nami - I just need the IP!

I used to watch LoL tournaments and didn't think the game would be anywhere near as fun as it is. :lew: I think playing with friends whilst on Skype makes it more enjoyable; it's also easier to work as a team.

I'm LiraelEG on there if anyone would like to add me.

Why Riot Tweaks League Of Legends To Make It Better For Its Best Player

A frequent topic of discussion in the League of Legends community is: who, exactly, is Riot incessantly tweaking and updating its game for? Does the developer prioritize the eSports stars, high-ranking amateurs, or more casual players? They don’t go to the very top of the food chain, it turns out. But they get close.

In a recent Q&A that was published on the League of Legends forums, balance designer Scarizard explained that Riot’s “philosophy” leads the company to balance its hugely popular competitive multiplayer game “towards players at the upper end of mastery, which we currently believe to be around platinum and above.” Going lower down than that, and the quirks and defects of individual play styles make it prohibitively difficult to evaluate the game—at least when it comes to specific gameplay balance adjustments.

Platinum, for those unfamiliar, is the fourth highest rank one can achieve when playing League’s ranked mode:

Why Riot Tweaks League Of Legends To Make It Better For Its Best Players

The current League of Legends tier, from left to right: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Challenger. Source: Riot Games.

But the order of the rankings doesn’t give the full picture here. Statistical breakdowns of League of Legends’ player-base, such as this one by League of Graphs, show that the majority of League players place in Silver or Bronze ranks (each ranking is broken down into several smaller divisions). Together, the Silver and Bronze levels make up almost 70% of League’s player-base—at least the part of it that plays in ranked. Platinum and above, meanwhile, accounts for a little more than 11.2 percent.

Why would Riot balance its game towards such a small fraction of its player-base? Scarizard explains that the developers identify “core values” for assessing in-game performance that is “consistent as a baseline” to properly determine “what’s powerful in League”:

Deciding ‘who we balance for’ hasn’t been an easy task, but we quickly honed in on a few core values: competitive mindedness, mechanical aptitude, and strategic expertise. Mind you, these aren’t the only things that we think contribute to player skill (e.g. raw leadership and communication skills are important in any team game), but the above are ones we focus on when it comes to our broad-level balance. Players with these qualities are, on average, much more consistent as a baseline of what’s powerful in League. But what about pros? Certainly our professional community shatters these conditions (some more than others, as even professional players have their strengths and weaknesses), but we don’t necessarily believe that the Fakers and Bjergsens of the world should be the standard that every player is held to. If that’s the case, how can we represent this spectrum most effectively?
They further qualify these core values based on players’ “foundational skills”—the raw material of understanding League in as much depth as is necessary to do well—and “optimization”—the ability to execute on these foundational skills effectively:

Let’s back up a step. Along the spiral path that is Mastery in League of Legends, you can divide it into two sections: foundational skills and optimization. To expand, foundational skills are the building blocks of strategy within League - knowing the why and how of objectives, understanding the nuances of proper itemization, manipulating the ever-important vision game, and executing against your team’s strategic composition are just a few examples. You can be stronger at some and weaker at others, but each is a crucial piece when it comes to putting together League’s sprawling strategic puzzle. By contrast, optimization is the fine-tuning and development of these skills - when to take an objective, what order to build your items, where to place or deny vision, the mechanical specifics of champion matchups, and so on. Optimization is necessary for players that have mastered the basics to gain subtle (but potent) edges against the opposition. Think of it like building muscle - foundational skills net you the strength, and optimization shows off your definition.
The game’s current ranking system might not be perfectly accurate, Scarizard admitted. But he maintained its the developer’s “best proxy to represent a player’s skill.” At the lower ranks of League, then, player’s grasp on the game is too slippery to use them as the primary source of design decisions when it comes to balancing and rebalancing the game:

This doesn’t mean we devalue the feedback from players below platinum - only that we’re acknowledging that a high amount of variance occurs in those tiers. Many factors are at play - is Master Yi overpowered if you’re able to dominate a game with him? Alternatively, did the enemy team lack the understanding to focus-fire or apply crowd control? With a more strategic use of map movement, item builds and mechanical execution against Master Yi, more competitive players at a higher average skill help to paint a clearer picture of Master Yi’s power level, often revealing when the intended play against him is failing and needs us to intervene. Extreme outliers, be they pubstompers or pro-level pains will always be addressed, but more often than not our patch-to-patch changes are centered around this skill bracket.
The consistency of top-level players makes them more useful guinea pigs for League of Legends’ balancing team. Interesting. Then how are we to interpret the “high amount of variance” that occurs in the game’s sub-Platinum tiers? Scarizard’s explanation suggests players at lower levels come up short in regards to embodying the core values League balances for. But they still stand to benefit from the game’s trickle-down design philosophy.

Hopefully, at least. One has to wonder what League of Legends might look like today if Riot based any or all of its non-stop rebalancing decisions squarely on the interests of players lower down the ladder.

Read the rest of Scarizard’s Q&A here.

kotaku.com/why-riot-tweaks-league-of-legends-to-make-it-better-for-1705527275

I've started this game 1.5 year ago, am enjoying it so far, although Riot makes some already balanced stuff unbalanced which kind of ruins some of the games

if you'd like to play, my info are:
Server: EUW
IGN: Kamdoro

A new champion has been revealed! Senna is the first AD Carry champion that Riot has created with some support capability. Here is the animated trailer of Senna. Enjoy!

I am really excited to see this champion since AD Carry is my main role. Seeing her with some support is something that has caught my attention quite a lot. I can wait to see her champion spotlight and see how she performs as an AD Carry. Here is the artwork of the upcoming champion.

02_Senna_Concept_Art_8zknzxz34agkm50zhw7m-960x468.jpg

Back