Was Snow stupid or not?

Demon

Don't ruin my cuin
Veteran
Gil
Snow had his moments at being someone you laugh at... rather than with.

You can say that Snow acted in certain ways because he was worried about Serah. But then again, the beginning of the game portrays him as being a bit irresponsible. I can't even really argue that he was acting that way because of Serah's brand, because I didn't see any evidence of it – he just acted weird sometimes.

Personally I still think Snow is one of the best characters in the game though, right up there with Lightning. He seemed pretty useful the first half of the game but it's too bad that later on, you start to realize that you could just as well use Fang as you can a large guy in a trenchcoat.

I thought one of the common animations Snow did was just a little bit weird. I often saw him bouncing up and down on his knees. I guess this is suppose to be a fighting pose or something, but even if it is then it is still exaggerated.

Personally I thought his voice acting was really good. Even if it didn't always match his facial features exactly.

He just felt like a bad hero cliche whenever he talked. I don't know if I should blame that to the way he delivered his lines or the person who wrote them. I don't know if he gets any better because I didn't get too far into the game before I had to return it but what I did see just made me go meh at him a whole lot. The moment he started talking I wanted to go back to playing as Lighting.

He just felt like a bad hero cliche whenever he talked. I don't know if I should blame that to the way he delivered his lines or the person who wrote them. I don't know if he gets any better because I didn't get too far into the game before I had to return it but what I did see just made me go meh at him a whole lot. The moment he started talking I wanted to go back to playing as Lighting.
To me, he delivered some great lines. I might agree that the writing wasn't always good, but at times I actually felt like I was playing an old Final Fantasy game where I could use my own emotion in place of a voice actor's.

But then again, I'm one of those people who wasn't disappointed by Final Fantasy XIII. Too many good things happened in the game for me to dislike it very much.

I gotta say personally I don't like him.........I can understand why some people may like him but hey like him or hate him I don't care.

I think SE tried to make him too lovable and by saying that during the game he's like the so called "hero"................

I mean he says shit like "Im gonna protect cocoon,save Serah and complete my focus" when really he doesn't do much........even in final few ending scenes and the whole game (maybe) he doesn't really help the team or make any bright decisions other than promise stuff.

He may be a help in the battlefield, however his personality needs to change.

Snow's just a typical character archetype of this particular genre of storytelling. He is what I tend to classify as the optimistic, determined though irritably relentless hero character and a deliberate contrast to Lightning. So what do I make of him? He's certainly not the most pragmatic member of the cast at all. He is a highly irresponsible character particularly earlier on in the game and from the background we get from NORA's operations. The constant yells of "HERO!!" does make him a slight exaggeration of the common JRPG protagonist and I can't say I was particularly impressed with him either. He's just unpragmatic and conceited most of the time.

There are moments though, that I warm up to the character and this is generally when the storyline allows him some development. He may be too quick to rush in, but I do admire his determination to protect Serah and even his wrongful reasoning of what their Focus may have been. But still, I'm just particularly tired of seeing this kind of character archetype after so many times and as I have preferred Lightning's character from the beginning, I was naturally going to find Snow from time to time irritating and unlikeable.

Snow was the only character i didn't like out of the main 6... His personality was the most obnoxious thing to grace the game... His entire dialouge consisted of sarah and save cacoon.. Ok snow we get it you like sarah now stfup! also as you said he is basiclly like fang but without the sabatouer role making him pretty much useless.. say what you want about Hope but that 14 year old kid was a beast in battle.

Snow was stupid and still is. Hope is too. In fact not one character in this game was "smart."

I like Snow, I love characters who are protective and wants to do everything for the person they love. I do agree on the fact that he mentions Serah too much and the hero thing and he was useless in battle at the end. But I didn't mind his ideas about cocoon, he at least tried to stay optimistic, I think it is better than whining about every little thing like Hope did.

To me snow is sort of the spoof of that typical hero with the determined nature and the optimist view. Most of the time he seemed like he was trying to be something he's not. In that way, he seems pretty fake to me like he's trying to be like heroes he's heard about so much that he's willing to copy him. Plus the way he refers to himself as a "hero" all the time an hi how he says "the hero never dies" just fires my dislike further. It makes him seem like on of those people who want to be something so bad that they try to emulate it in every way possible when it's clear that they are just pretending.

I don't really feel like I got an emotional attatchment to him as a character because of his attitude smetimes. Just some of the stuff he said was just too cliched I wanted to puke. I can see him being made a character driven by love and determination to save the love of his life, but in the game he doesn't seem to care all that much. It seemed like he was trying to show off and be a hero more than anything...But that's just how I saw him. He was kind of my least favorite character. He was decent I think...but he could have been better. Loved his voice acting though, and his battling skills were okay I guess.

There is a big difference between Stupidity, Denial and Ignorance.

I think Snow falls in to the latter 2 personally, it was just how he dealt with the reality of being a L'cie, He reached for strength from the one person he believed in ,Serah with
"e":lew: Sure He was Irresponsible but you dont forma group called NORA:

"No Obligations, Rules, or Authority."

If your are socially responsible do you?

They could have called it CAMELS:

Consent

Amicable Contest

Misadventure

Execution of the Law

Lawful Chastisement

Self Defense

:lew: Now that is a stupid Acronym lol

Snow was one of the characters in final fantasy XIII that I did not like. The way he acts in the beggining just makes me want to punch his jaws out. The way he treats Hope at first also. Also he tried to open up to Lightning and failed so many times. Mainly because he wanted to keep Serah. As soon as the party destroys Anima Snow becomes a retard with his constant mentioning of Serah and I AM A HERO!! Even before that when he saw Serah turn into crystal... Snow could have been much better instead of just SERAHHHHHHH etc etc. Yes I like how he tries to save her but in lake Bresha when he tries to stay behind and get her out I facepalmed.. He just wants to be a hero which made him boring.. The way he had to deal with Hope also... Lightning was the very serious and badass type. Snow was just a joke of a hero. I didnt like Snow at all but I did like him just a tiny little bit near the end. But yeah he kinda is stupid :wacky:

I don't think Snow is stupid, he is just rather annoying. He walked around calling himself a hero, when a little kid was aching inside (as corny as that might sound). Yeah, he didn't know at the time it was Hope, but in reality, it shows he's not a very modest/humble guy, walking around calling himself a hero (and secretly feeling guilty about Hope's mum's death). I know some of it was acting, and hiding his true "insecurities" as you could call it, but every-time he calls himself a hero, it "grinds my gears". Okay that storyline gave him some depth, but then after that finished, you sort of just see the same old Snow again. Every-time I die using him, I half-expect him to scream "Seeeraaah!" in a really melodramatic way (you know how they say a sentence when you die before the retry option comes up) or something equally lame. I can understand the reasons for liking him, but those are the reasons I dislike him.

Snow was my least favorite character in XIII. He may have been out to do good...but he was too cliche for me. To me he seemed like the frat boy with a ballooned ego... who was out to rebel with his friends and be cool. SE overkilled the word hero when they created Snow. IMO he was the least intelligent of the bunch.

The only thing I'll give him is his determination to make things right throughout the game...and while very irritating and overly done..his love for Serah. Other than that he's just a bunch of pixels to me.

He's the one character in the game where I wanted to throw my controller at the screen everytime he opened his mouth. I believe the only two words in his vocabulary are "Serah" and "hero." Really? Is it necessary to say that every single frikin' time he spoke? The fact that Serah's japanese voice actor sounded like a 10 year old, compared to Snow's huge physique and deep voice didn't really help his image either (this relationship was 100% Pedo Bear approved.)

This douchebag took the term "2D character" to a whole new level. Whenever he was about to speak, I noticed myself mouthing the words he was going to say next, because he's so damn predictable.

In terms of battling, he was simply outclassed by Fang in every meaningful category. The only thing that he was better than was the sentinel class, but Fang was still a serviceable sentinel.

I don't think Snow was stupid, personally. I think Square-Enix were trying to represent a stereotypical bonehead kind of guy - that is, act first think later. Though when it came down to it, he seemed to think a lot when he had the "emotional" scenes, especially in the Hope-Snow scene and the whole thing about his mom. I think the whole hero thing probably reminded him of his childhood days of Nora but this time he could do actually be a 'hero', though it did get annoying having to be reminded of it every 5 minutes.

I think he is stupid, well I actually think all of the characters were stupid but Snow especially!

As everyone has stated, all that came from his mouth was "I'M GONNA SAVE SERAH!" or "I'M A HERO!! I'MMMMM DA BEST" srsly it really started to grate at my nerves after about the 100th time he said each of those lines.
Now, if he had some background and a better story behind him or even some character development towards the end perhaps I could forgive his annoying personality issues but he didn't.

All people have to go on with Snow is that he is a hobo (srsly the beanie??) who attracts 12 yr olds and makes them marry him (I refuse to believe serah was 18 or over) who spouts out cliche one liners every 2 seconds and rides two half naked chicks while he is on his mission to be a hero and save serah.

I think I summed him up to a T :D

Stupid no ? But annoying and very obnoxious yes. -__- as most people have already said, I got really tried and sick of his " IMA A HERO EVERYBODY " ! shouting and telling. The guy had a head on his shoulders, but he just thought that he was better than he was. Truth is, I kind of got the impression that he was in 'lala land'. That inside his 'head' inside his fantasies and imagination that he was a good hero, but realistic he's just a human man. I don't think that he's stupid, but he didn't think realistically.

Hope should've killed that bastard. Snow was my least favourite, in fact, the ONLY one I didn't like out of the 6. He was obnoxious, annoying, and the whole Serah thing really pissed me off. And pretty much what everyone else has said "IMMA HERO EVERYBODY! IMMA SAVE COCOON AND HAVE A BIG HAPPY FAMILY WITH SERAH!" After a while I just wanted to shoot him.

AND another thing, why the hell was Snows story emphasised so much more than Sazh's? I'm sorry but I think losing a l'cie son to the government is a little bit sadder than a girl turning to crystal. Now I know Serah was Lightning's sister too, but we never heard anything about Dajh. I know I've already said this but every time Snow dies he goes "No...SERAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" dude, chill, its only Game Over, not like we cant press "continue" or anything :wacky: Like I said before, Hope should've killed him. I did not like the way he treated Hope. at all.

Snow seemed to be lacking the part of his brain where common sense came from. Sereiously. How many fucking times did he have to charge at Dysley before he relizes that Dysley has a shield. I agree with earlier posts, he did get quite annoying and overplayed the hero thing way too much.

Back