Reality, evolution, and religion...

Demon

Don't ruin my cuin
Veteran
Gil
So I was reading up on paradoxes. There are a large number of them that exist with our understanding... any truth seems to be prone to a paradox in its logic.

Personally I'm starting to think that “reality”, which I believe to exist outside of perception, is ever-changing, but just enough not to fool one's perceptions. Kind of like the “reality” itself, if it exists, is in a state of evolution. And since I'm a Christian, this also creates no logical problems for me when it comes to theism... because perhaps if such an evolution of “reality” existed, it'd have a controlling force behind it.

This is all theory though. I really don't think it's correct, because I don't think God works quite that way, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm not one for perception vs reality. Perception is simply the window we use to view reality as far as I'm concerned. Though I believe that the universe has an entirely different fundamental build than meets the eye, I don't think we are completely clueless.

I'm a physics buff, and there's one paradox that is simply a bitch:

At any given point in time, an object is actually at rest.

Pretty much, there is no such thing as fluid motion. This was one paradox that even Einstein's relativity theory couldn't pierce.

Yes, I agree that our logic has many holes in it, but we can recognize them. When you really think about it, our logic is just simply premature. It's emotion that holds paradoxes

As far as evolution, I believe in it, but not to the extent that it has been taken. There's simply not enough there to start theorizing millions of years of earths biological history and putting them in science books.

Don't confuse philosophy with evolution . Evolution is a rational theory based in scientific theory, philosophy is fundamentaly a linguistic farce! But a fun one!

If alternate universes do exist then you have one reality in ours and other realities in theirs.

Of course there may not be a way for us to prove they exist, much less to go there and experience those alternate realities.

Just a thought.

If alternate universes do exist then you have one reality in ours and other realities in theirs.

Of course there may not be a way for us to prove they exist, much less to go there and experience those alternate realities.

Just a thought.

According to estimates, there are (10 to the 500th power) units of existence, both of may be elementary particles or vacuua.
Thats a 1 with 500 zeros in front of it.

Accordingly, there are (10 to the 500th power) to the 500th power.. of alternate universes.
If the universe is expanding, than the number is growing.

Reality grows, religion grows, evolution grows. Is it not the nature of everything to <<<<<expand>>>>>

And if other universes are expanding, and with it all religion and evolution, is everthing not expotentially <<<<<expanding>>>>>

And if each universe has it's own set of alternates, are they all not expotentially expotential in their growth?

Who said these three elements- religion, biology, physics - aren't in the same boat?

Actually, many people say that, and thats why I feel obliged to bring out the circling logic in it.
They can be grouped together into one thing- reality. If God exists, then he is real. If he isn't, then he is imagination brought on by something that is real. Evolution is real, as everything in the universe evolves. For better or worse, the gears keep turning. Can there not be alternate universes and the existence of God?
How about this: if you went to heaven, could there still be room for inquiry, even if God himself told you otherwise?

The point is, existence is sub-categorized to the point where ppl think there is more than one subject at hand.
REALITY. That's where it should fare.

Last edited:
Gruj yu have shown yourself to be very Smart, but do you really understand the preposterous nature of alternate realities? I know I do, now just to clarify we are talking about alternate realities and not Parallel dimensions?

As far as evolution, I believe in it, but not to the extent that it has been taken. There's simply not enough there to start theorizing millions of years of earths biological history and putting them in science books.

There is certainly more Tangible evidence for it than the existence of a God.
Bash done I'll leave that alone.

Um IMO the following is true:

Reality/Universe continues to expand.

Religion has no natural construct its a fabrication of man. It is propagated by men for there own means

Evolution does not grow it continues, Growth is a product of this once evolution reaches an impasse, as is evidenced by our species.

If you want to discuss alternate realities, understand THIS: they are generated by each and every choice we make or dont make in every second of our lives, for every action we take or dont take.

And humanity is the crux of this theorum, we are really, how silly and short sighted, its nothing more than a good idea and Physicist apply it to the very bases of existence, As far as we know choice is a purely human thing/notion.

It does not expand outside of our species. Do you think science attributes choice to to other animals,trees, stars, planets, and galaxies? no of course they dont, that is absurd!
and yet every choice is supposed to effect the creation of a completely separate reality
every time we decide to do something.

The whole Universe folks! is dependent on our choices that we make or dont make!BULLSHIT!

If you want to accept this as an occurrence then please understand the scope of the Theory and the minute starting point of each and every alternate reality: Yourself.
if you accept this as a "truth" and you want to talk about the influence a single person
has on the entire universe.........then try and keep the discussion to with in :hmmm: IDK 10 billion kilometers of the Earth.

Hey Gruj why does Light exist as both particles and waves Lol:lew:
Also are you closer to a THEORY OF UNIFICATION?
Im just poking fun now:smartass:

Hey Gruj why does Light exist as both particles and waves Lol:lew:

Lol, well I love explaining this kinda stuff, so here you go:

It's an anomaly that causes many other theories to come out of the woodwork. It actually jeopardizes many theories before it, as it doesn't fit the profile of mass/energy.

The most intriguing theory is the concept of mass and energy being the same thing. In other words, mass is 'knots' of energy.
There is so much that comes to physics that I won't even go into the backdrop details lol..

Anyways, evolution grows, if you think about it physically. But it shrinks as well. The universe is the same. Gravity will pull back everything to the center, and the big bang will happen all over again.
There will be a 'dark age' in the universe where there is no light, and henceforth, no possible way of any life existing at all. Stars and energy will be used up. The big bang will rekindle that energy when gravity accelerates particles once again.

Interesting shit :D I fiend for this kind of stuff

Back