• Yes

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Couldn't give a rats arse

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was a thread on this a while ago but it got lumped in the remake/spinoff thread....But anyways to the topic. I'd say no, that's like haveing an FFVI movie. It's not really what I think will happen anytime soon but I think it would be awesome if they turned the game into a movie with most parts still all there. Updated graphics and what not. I think I elaborated more in another post though...

I think it would be interesting, other than having to add 10yrs to all the characters for it to make sense.

I don't think movies are long enough to make out of the games.

It would be if you take out all the random encounters an shorten the "Boss Battles"...There's also taking out the exploration and shortening parts of the script....I think it coulld be done. Even if it has to be split in 2 movies :hmmm:

I would love for a FF 8 movie to be made. I'd go and buy that one and put it next to my Advent Children movie. My two favorite FF games turned into movies......AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

A final fantasy VIII film would be great but they would have to set it so none of the major parts of the game are missing. If they made a prequel with laguna that might explain the story better.

I want a Trilogy!

I think that three movies would be enough to get most plot points of any FF game. You cut out some of the parts of FF that only work in the games and I think 3 movies would be more than enough.

I want a Trilogy!

I think that three movies would be enough to get most plot points of any FF game. You cut out some of the parts of FF that only work in the games and I think 3 movies would be more than enough.

A
trilogy would be fine as long as the films arn't 3 hours each like LOTR, couldn't get into them because i kept getting a numb ass and got bored. :hmph:

Anyway VIII would be ok but i think designers would have to redo character costumes as now they seem slightly retarded, like Squall's fully leather biker suit, it'd be better if they went with something like the Dissidia costume. Small details to update it but the finished product might be worth the hassle.

If I'm honest I don't think they should bring out another FF Movie, as soon as Square Enix gets a wiff of the fact that fans want this, they would jump at the chance, just for other fans to criticise the way they make it or something, In my opinion it would be cool, but I think they should just leave all the classic FF's where they are now, as we don't want those precious gems to get ruined anymore....

Judging by previous projects the Final Fantasy movies tend to be either a new original story (The Spirits Within) or an addition to one of their released titles (FFVII Advert Children) so with that in mind I'm guessing if they did a FFVIII movie it would either be a prequel, sequel or spin-off. And if I'm as familiar with the story as I think I am I don't think there is really anything to make a sequel or spin-off out of. A prequel maybe but I'm not sure how such an idea would translate into an CGI animated film.

I don't know if I'd like the idea of a FFVIII movie, but a prequel of Laguna and the orphanage and that would be really good, or something like an anime like the Last Order to explain it a little better would be sick. But I think it would be too hard and there'd always be fans complaining that their favourite parts got missed out because it didn't fit in etc.
Who knows, it would be interesting to see it if they did though.

I actually think VIII is one of the few games that could make a good movie as it is.
Advent Children worked out well as a sequel, but i can't really imagine what a VIII sequel would be about... I think it would make a good movie as it is.

Eight's a good Final Fantasy. But personally I would prefer a FF 6 movie or a FF9 one. Just personally. Though if SE made a FF 8 movie, I would be extremely happy and hyped ! It would be awesome to see the FF 8 gang in updated graphics, speaking voices and a brand new adventure on the big screen.

I like Kirty's idea of a Laguna movie, or a movie about the Orphanage. It'd be able to shed some light on those topics, more so than what we got in-game.

Maybe a movie about what happens after the game, or a remake of FF8 only in movie form. Heck, both would be nice either way in my case.

Hmm... I would like a movie about Laguna, Raine and Julia. Like. How Julia reacted and how her life changed when she found out Laguna was lost. And I would like to see what happened to Raine and Laguna, and maybe even the beginning of the orphanage.

I would like a sequel too though... I wanna see Rinoa. xD

I would like a movie but I'd prefer anime series with at least 60 episodes explaining everything in details.

Hell's yes!!!!

I think that there should b a FFVIII film.
I mean SquareEnix shoud capitalize on the extreme popularity of Advent Children and maka a film for FFVIII.

Story: Could pan out like Advent Children(set movie 2 years after the end of FFVIII). Have Ultimecia come back and posses Rinoa again and have everyone else band together and try to save her(or have a new sorceress and do the same but everyone has the opp. to kill her)

Graphics: As good as Advent children (hopefully better)

:starwars::highfive:

yes.. I like to watch this movie and watch each part of this movie. Its a very good movie. I like part 3 of this movie the most.

Back