Online/Real Life - Different Personalities?

Yes. On the onlineiverse, I can be the real me. I can talk and all that without worrying about seeming weird. Though, I am silly, I like it that way! :P

In the outside world, I'm much more quiet and shy. I just tend to avoid people in general. I can't say my true feelings either, because if I did that, I'd probably get into big time trouble. Not because I'm gonna swear or anything like that, but because I've seemingly been trained to not have my own opinion or feelings of any kind. So if I tell my grandma what I think about her, it might end up pretty badly. XD

Anyway, most of you guys know I hate both of my grandmothers. But they don't know that. I'm still innocent in their eyes. Trust me, I'm far from innocent.

You guys get to see the real me. You guys get to hear the thoughts from this 15 year old's brain. While the real world only gets to see that to a certain point. I give people hints of my true feelings, but I don't get to go all "CM Punk" on them like I want to.

I'm actually slightly nicer over the internet rather than IRL chat. Maybe I'm just very defensive and have space issues.

Otherwise, I'm just as shy and awkward. I generally don't know what to say, and what I do say comes out as cockish.

As for actually contacting people, just like I barely VM or PM on here, I don't tend to ask people to hang out. It ends up coming out way too awkwardly.

I don't mean to come out as extremely cold, it kinda just happens ^.^'

I guess I can say I am the same online or offline. I don't tend to talk to much people when I am online or offline, onless you talk to me alot.

For a while there, yes. Completely different person on the internet.

Now, not so much. If there is something I would say online, there is a pretty good chance I would say it offline.

I think about the effort of how to be "different" on the internet other than being yourself and it'd be way too much work. >.< I'm generally the same sarcastic asshole that you will interact with via online or off. Of course, I'm willing to talk freely via online, whereas in RL i hate confrontation. It's easier to be outgoing, but at the same time, i'm still quite reserved. I like keeping to myself either or, i hate bugging anyone about my problems. It's easier to talk via online because there's less likely to have judgement around people than it is in the real world.

Personality wise, ya i'm the same expect for being more shy and awkward in RL.

Don't think I've posted here before...

Yeah, I'm exactly the same here as I am in real life. I have a strong opinion, I have that in real life too, that doesn't mean I can't see outside my own "bubble", though. I actually sympathize with people pretty easily. I'm not always willing too but I can be a great listener. Quite simply I just don't want to hear people talk to me if they lied to me or anything like that. You can go talk to a wall like Squall would say in that case, on a personal level anyway.

And work wise... same too. I take something I sign up for (like a job) serious, and I don't like slacking off. :lew:

Absolutely not. How I talk on here, how I joke on here with people, that's EXACTLY how I am in R/L. I'm a smartass and I'm very sarcastic. I like to consider myself witty :P
I also like to consider myself a great listener. Need to vent? Shoot your problems this way, I'll listen. I may not always give the best advice but I can promise you this: I will listen and I will let you vent.

I can be a bit quiet in real life until I get comfortable talking with people. Same goes for online, I suppose. I would probably say it's usually easier and faster for that to happen in real life however as I tend to misread tone in text a fair bit. When people are blunt I start questioning things more than I should. So I guess it really just depends on the situation.

But no. I don't consider who I am "here" or anywhere else on the Internet to be different to who I am in real life. I'm just... me.

My online persona is much more outgoing. Its easier for me to talk with people when we're not eye to eye.

qqLg4A6.gif

*Phoenix Down*

Just curious if anyone feels differently about their past selves' post, or maybe you'd think about updating if you haven't posted at all! I was having a bit of a chat about this earlier and thought I'd go ahead and revive the thread a bit. :) I wish I had the pleasure of being here many years ago and see some of my old dated posts from younger me. I think my answer now would be vastly different than me back in 2010, or heck, even younger.

Me online vs Me in real life aren't too drastically different... I think. In real life I've always been the kind of person who was just myself, even if my peers found something about me that was odd or strange. I like to be silly and witty (which sometimes comes across obnoxious) when I'm comfortable with my surroundings and the people around me - and I hope that translates well here (minus the obnoxious part... :hmm:)

Past me, around & before 2010, would probably say the same thing... but in reality I really was much different online than in person back then. Online I said a lot of mean things to seem cool to different people. I had a very strong desire for everyone to like me, especially the cool people that everyone else seemed to like, but I acted kinda mean to people who seemed more like I did in the real world. I think that's somewhat normal human behavior (especially in kids?) but I've come to accept that not everyone will like me and I need to be more accepting of other people. Rather, I just matured into a regular functioning adult. Can't please them all, I'm afraid!

I guess now that I'm older I'm not like I was much anymore, so I'm just more myself both online and in real life. I think at times I can act a little different depending on the person I'm talking to, but I think it's more of reading the situation than anything. Sometimes people just don't want to know about that 6th toe on your left foot, ya feel me fam?

Anyway, in the long run it's much easier being yourself both online and in real life. I'm definitely still a flawed individual - but I'm a much better flawed individual now. :griin:

There! Now your turn!

Back