Vagrant Story is so underrated

Wiegraf

White Knight
Gil
I dont think Ive ever met anyone in person who has played the game besides myself. Such a shame because its an amazing game. Curse you FFIX and your overshadowing of other amazing Square games!

Seriously though, this game definitely needs some sort of port or rerelease like War of the Lions so that more people will play it. Its not even on NA PSN for crying out loud.

Once its on PSN or is remade/advanced ported then maybe it'll get the fanbase it deserves.

I actually made a European PSN account to get my hands on a digital copy. It plays wonderfully on the PSP. It wasn't just Final Fantasy IX that overshadowed it, don't forget, Chrono Cross came out the same year. Besides, the game wasn't very noob friendly, I didn't fully appreciate the game until 5 years after I bought it (I was 10 in 2000).

I actually made a European PSN account to get my hands on a digital copy. It plays wonderfully on the PSP. It wasn't just Final Fantasy IX that overshadowed it, don't forget, Chrono Cross came out the same year. Besides, the game wasn't very noob friendly, I didn't fully appreciate the game until 5 years after I bought it (I was 10 in 2000).

:hmmm: You were able to do that? I think I tried to get FF Tactics from the NA store because it's not in the EU one but when I tried to enter my card details, the country was set to the US and my card is registered to the UK.

I think that's what happened. I'll need to have another look because I really want FF Tactics. :hmmm:

Anyway...

It definitely is underrated. I played it when I was much younger and like Ashley said, it isn't noob friendly. I downloaded it from the PSN and finally beat and it really is an amazing game. I think noobs find it hard because you can't just run around hacking enemies, you have to be prepared with the correct weapons. All the weapon types, affinities etc. It's quite a lot to take in. It's more about preparation than anything else.

It also has a great story IMO. Quite scary when I was younger and very gripping even now.

A classic. :busta:

:hmmm: You were able to do that? I think I tried to get FF Tactics from the NA store because it's not in the EU one but when I tried to enter my card details, the country was set to the US and my card is registered to the UK.

I think that's what happened. I'll need to have another look because I really want FF Tactics. :hmmm:

Anyway...

It definitely is underrated. I played it when I was much younger and like Ashley said, it isn't noob friendly. I downloaded it from the PSN and finally beat and it really is an amazing game. I think noobs find it hard because you can't just run around hacking enemies, you have to be prepared with the correct weapons. All the weapon types, affinities etc. It's quite a lot to take in. It's more about preparation than anything else.

It also has a great story IMO. Quite scary when I was younger and very gripping even now.

A classic. :busta:

I have a credit card that's been issued in the Mideast. And the European PSN covers the Mideastern region. :)

I use my NA PSN account with my Canadian credit card mostly. Why not get War of The Lions on PSP?

:gonk: That's quite fortunate. My main PSN account is Middle Eastern and I always wondered why it counted as EU on PSHome.

If I got it for the PSP, I would also need to buy a PSP. :wacky:

I should have guessed that. :wacky: It's strange that it's not on the European store, you'd think the demand would be high enough. Tried your luck at Amazon? they have a bunch of copies for 16 pounds (UK).

I have tried this game before many years ago and I will admit it rather confused me when I played it so I didn't get far.
However, if it's been released on PSN I may have to download it and give it a try sometime, from what i've played and what i've been told over the years it's a rather decent game.

I'm pretty sure i've seen this on PSN anyway, I live in the UK and i'm pretty sure i've seen it available for download. :hmmm:

I did like the action RPG type battle system that they had going, I think i'm most definitley going to try it out again sometime.

The events of Vagrant Story take place in Valendia, which is a kingdom in Ivalice. IT's not technically under the Ivalice Alliance name, but it takes place in Ivalice.

I recently picked up this game used, it's actually quite addicting and I wasn't expecting a battle system so complex on such an early system.
I'm really enjoying it so far (42% of the map complete, just beat the sky dragon)
I'm disappointing that I never got this game earlier and pissed that there has never been talk of a sequel, the world needs more RPGS like Vagrant Story.

It was meant to be turned into a series. A sequel was even planned but they canceled it. I guess the demand wasn't high enough, rotten occurrence that was.

Back