FF Before Crisis

Oulan

Gil
:starwars:
Final Fantasy "Before Crisis" needs to expand it's horizons. Such as a release on Wii or Xbox, or even PlayStation 2! (yes I didn't say PS3..for good reason!) Would love to play the turks story via a console system...not on a phone. Who else wants this release with the Turks to be released on a Console?

I'll shift this over to the Before Crisis section, located under the main FFVII section, please remember that all threads pertaining to that game belong in that section ^^

-Thread Moved-

I've never known much about this game, but it certainly would be nice to play it for myself.

I really can't see it myself though, it does have relevance to the games (CC, VII) but there's never really been much like for it going about.
I don't even think there's an English release, is there?

If S-E has any plans for this game for the West, I suspect they'll do what they did for KH Coded - bring it on the DS.

In all honestly, I don't know enough about the game to really care about it coming over not. If it does, great, if it doesn't, oh well *shrugs*

If S-E has any plans for this game for the West, I suspect they'll do what they did for KH Coded - bring it on the DS.

In all honestly, I don't know enough about the game to really care about it coming over not. If it does, great, if it doesn't, oh well *shrugs*

I didn't even know about it until I saw this sub forum when I joined. XD

But as you can see from the... severe lack of activity in this forum it doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase going for it.
A PSP or DS remake wouldn't be too bad, but phones really aren't cut out for games at all and this is a prime example.
If it was on a proper console it'd definitley be more popular.
Why they decided to put it on phones is beyond me.

I had bought Crisis Core not too long ago, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm asking if it's a game going to be released soon or has it been released a LONG time ago? I'll look up stuff about it later, but I would go along with it being on the PSP or PS2 console, considering I have yet to get a PS3.

Before Crisis was released ages ago for Japanese mobile phones, and each episode was released for download periodically.
There are currently no plans to port or localise this product, although some of the right people are interested, and there's a slight chance it could be redeveloped for the 3DS.
:mokken:

As for what it's about, well, there are multiple unnamed Turks from the player to choose from, and more that are unlocked later in the story.
The game plays out with you as a new Turk recruit under the wings of Reno and Rude, and spans from before Crisis Core all the way to directly before the first game.
Main antagonists of the game are AVALANCHE, but this isn't Barrett's AVALANCHE - it's the incarnation prior to his one, which is decidedly better equipped and manned.

There's also a hella lot of cameos by other FFVII main characters, including all of the main playable characters from VII, Zack, and even some DoC characters (Azul and Shalua). The storyline (conveniently) takes the player to a number of locations as a Turk, such as Junon, Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, Modeoheim, Costa del Sol, etc.

I've read a lot of about it, and watched a fair amount of a playthrough online.
I can't believe they weren't going to even give us this game. :rage:

Square Enix Wants Final Fantasy VII Spin-Off on 3DS

Multiple members of Square Enix's development teams want to see a Final Fantasy VII title on the 3DS.

Final Fantasy VII might not be remade on the 3DS anytime soon, or elsewhere for that matter, but one of its spin-offs might if wishes at Square Enix come true. Square Enix's Hajime Tabata, director of The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, recently exposed his strong desire to see Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis come to Nintendo's 3D handheld set to launch in 2011.

The remake sounds like it'd be a totally new game, if Tabata gets a chance to create it. He wrote on Twitter: "If I were to make something for 3DS, I suppose it would be a remake of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. I'd redo the scenario structure and game design for the 3DS. I think I'd like to make an action RPG BCFF7 where a large number of Turks players play simultaneously."

Before Crisis is a cellphone game boasting 25 episodes once announced for North America, but these plans were seemingly canceled and it was never released outside of Japan. The game takes place six years before Final Fantasy VII and swaps who's good with who's bad by putting players in the shoes of the Shinra Corporation's Turks (the guys in suits). The Turks face a much more violent Avalanche rebel group, only just beginning and not yet headed by Final Fantasy VII's Barrett, which has popped up to stop the spread of a newly powerful Shinra.

The spin-off is a real-time action-RPG where players complete missions in various modes to gain experience points and find weapons and armor. Materia is collected by taking a picture with the cellphone's camera, which is analyzed to determine the type of magic the materia will provide. A blue photo would provide cure, for example.

Tabata also said that Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase, two other big names that have produced and designed many popular titles such as Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts, want to see Before Crisis on the 3DS if possible too. The problem is that Tabata only labels the remake as an "ambition," because he and others are too busy working on titles such as 3rd Birthday and Agito for the PSP at the moment, while Tabata plans to work on an HD project next.

Seeing as how nobody outside of Japan got their hands on Before Crisis, it'd be nice to see it come to North America and Europe as a 3DS title. Plus, it'll be more Final Fantasy VII, and who doesn't want that?

Source: Andriasang

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103875-Square-Enix-Wants-Final-Fantasy-VII-Spin-Off-on-3DS

*Note* This information is over a year old. I just wanted to post it in here since no one hasn't post it yet on this thread.

Back