Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix has revealed the follow-up to its portable Final Fantasy fighting game, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, in the latest issue of Japanese magazine Weekly Shonen Jump. That game is the somewhat clumsily titled Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy, a PlayStation Portable release planned for release sometime in 2011, the magazine reveals. (The logo looks like Dissidia [duodecim] 012: Final Fantasy, so just a touch awkward, but regardless of the full title, it'll be fun to say out loud.)
Fans of the original PSP game will likely be excited by the roster additions in Dissidia Duodecim. Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and Kain from Final Fantasy IV appear to be confirmed, going by the new issue of Jump.
Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy may be making an appearance at next week's Tokyo Game Show, so we'll see if the sequel to 2008's Dissidia: Final Fantasy is still like doing your taxes on the moon.

Original article on Kotaku

aaaaand some scans as well!

dffo.jpg

Eh, I can't say I'm surprised. It'll be interesting to see if they actually expand/improve on the story and what other characters they introduce. Hopefully there won't be a big gap between the Japanese and English release dates, either.

...but I'll start actually caring if I see Gilgamesh as a playable character ♥

Clumsily Titled? DouDecim is latin lady! it means 12............the hell its doing on a dissidia title I have no idea?

Translated it means: "Uneven 12":srsly:
Huh?

Rant aside.........OMG OMG OMG that is awesome!

Lightning I wonder who she will be opposed by?
What FFVII Characters will be selectable, Tifa?
Yeah Gilgames has been stated as possible Fighter........and with his Inter-dimensional thing goin' on He will fit in really well with story involving all FF worlds
So many questions.

:awesome:

This is kind of exciting. I never played the original but it had a great roster of characters.
The addition of Lightning makes me happy, she is one of my favorite characters. I'm curious to see what new characters are to come. I'm thinking Yuna (X-2 style) will be in it facing off against Shuyin or Leblanc or something.

Lightning? Didn't Nomura say ages back he'd rather see Sazh in Dissidia than Lightning? :wacky:

Also, Kain at last, hopefully if Cecil stays he sticks to just the sword :mokken:

Also, if Gilgy and Ultros appear, i'll die happy :ohoho: and if Beatrix gets in... :ryan:

I think Light will end up facing Bart, though how they'll pull off his EX mode (assuming it's his walking choir) is beyond me :rofl:

Also, who would Kain face? All I can think of is Barbariccia or Zeromus :hmmm:

Regardless, Dissidia 2 is epic in my book, i'm still trying to 100% Dissidia :wacky: so if Dissidia 2 is just as difficult to 100%, i'll be content.

I'll be giving this a miss, if I said that Dissidia didn't bore me I'd be lying. Lightning isn't really a selling point anymore considering that game was shit compared to other games in the series [bar FFXII and FFX-2 which were just woeful]. Tenner says it's nearly the same game with different characters/storyline and a few tweaks here and there. :wacky:

I'd have to agree on that last point Ryan :monster:

Tbh I just use Dissidia as a way to pass the time, hence my not 100%ing it yet :sad3:

If they have character I give a shit about (Kain/Gilgy/Beatrix) then I might pick it up, but at the end of the day, I have D1 and if D2 isn't a huge step up, I won't waste my money on it :wacky:

Well you changed your tune quickly?

Nevermind, I have dissidia upto about 98% I play it at work its great fun!
I dont want to say technical masterpiece, but Dissidia had a lot crammed material and was well presented for a handheld game, a little bit more than just a few tweaks here and there.

Bet accepted Ryan!

It's only epic if I get Gilgy and Beatrix, if it's just same old with new characters, it's not that great :hmmm:

But I suppose it does look that way, in fairness :rofl:

Actually, I was expecting they'd do a sequel to Dissidia. Because I think Square Enix has a habit of making if not sequel, prequel or a completely new version of some of their games. And with Lightning included in D2, it makes me even more excited about it :x3: Though I didn't complete D1 100%, I'll do it with D2. It doesn't really matter for me if the story sucks, as long as the game is great and I can play my favorite character. I just wish Aerith was there (although I know it's highly unlikely) or Gilgy :sad:

Uhhh cool I guess. I am happy Lightning got in it and I am guessing her villian counterpart will be Cid and not Bart hopefully :ffs: I actually see some more characters coming also. But ill be honest I have not touched Dissidia in a while and this better be much much better. Hopefully online play without the use of ad hoc party :hmmmL Bah actually I think it will fail in that category. Well we will see as Dissidia I was pretty good but not good enough.

Holy crap! THIS was the soon to be announced game for this week?! :gasp:

Sorry, but I feel anything but lackluster like others may feel. I loved Dissidia so much, I had an absolute blast with it. Loved the battle system, music, character designs and the over-all nostalgia that got me so worked up <3

But I'm honestly shocked. I didn't expect a Dissidia sequel in the first place, let alone one so soon. I often said that I'd expect one once another 10 games passed by - oh well xD

Kain makes me very....VERY happy to see. And Lightning was just an ace of a character, so maybe too soon, but I'm all for her presence ^^

Oh, oh! Maybe we'll see Faris, and Tifa, and, and...omigosh, there's too many people I wanna see! Dx

Although now I wonder - are these characters going to add onto the original cast, or is this going to be a completely new cast to play with sans the people who appeared in the first game?

Sorry, but I feel anything but lackluster like others may feel. I loved Dissidia so much, I had an absolute blast with it. Loved the battle system, music, character designs and the over-all nostalgia that got me so worked up <3

But I'm honestly shocked. I didn't expect a Dissidia sequel in the first place, let alone one so soon. I often said that I'd expect one once another 10 games passed by - oh well xD

Kain makes me very....VERY happy to see. And Lightning was just an ace of a character, so maybe too soon, but I'm all for her presence ^^

Oh, oh! Maybe we'll see Faris, and Tifa, and, and...omigosh, there's too many people I wanna see! Dx

Although now I wonder - are these characters going to add onto the original cast, or is this going to be a completely new cast to play with sans the people who appeared in the first game?

Well So far only Lightning, Kain and Cecil are confirmed. It is also called Dissidia 012. Hmmmm reference to 2012? Or maybe not :hmmm:

I've said it to Damon, and I will probably say it again.

This game is most likely a lie. I was not expecting a Dissidia sequel, let alone have it announced on a Shonen Jump Magazine...(I did not even know they announce games there...)

It doesn't mean that I'm hoping that later events prove me wrong, but still.

I'm surprised Lightning entered the fray and not Sazh, though can I be angry? Not really..While Sazh, like Zack, Auron, and Basch (cue "Basch is so hot" quote) before them were defined by their badass characteristics, Lightning essentially was the main protagonist. Still, here's hoping that he will indeed make an appearance as a playable character is said game comes to pass.

Kain, well let's just say it is a dream come true really. I liked Kain more than Cecil, and if Kain serves as the protgonist, then the antagonist may most likely be either Barbariccia, Zeromus or Kain's Dark Side (from the After years)

Nonetheless, if it is true, this may get interesting.

WHAZZAM!

Awesome-sauce! I've hoping they make a sequel! Oooh, That would be so cool if they involved more of the heroines in this game. Oh, man. Like, oh wait.... Aerith can't fight. Damn. Well, still it's gonna be cool to play Lightning even if her game wasn't as awesome as she is.

I completely forgot about this!

Saw this coming a while ago simply because Dissidia itself was really popular. I didn't expect it to be revealed at this moment in time though, especially as we're a couple of weeks short of TGS 2010. And I don't think this is the game that was supposed to be announced last week at all. This is one of Nomura's secret projects that will most likely show up in playable form in TGS.

The name is a mystery. I got as far as the "duodeci" part, which is 12. Maybe there will be a total of twelve FF games represented in this game with their respective characters? Who knows at the moment. I've little interest in the first Dissidia and I doubt that I will get this one either. Lightning being in this one was inevitable, and having Kain's a little surprise. So may we see secondary characters being playable now?

That took me by suprise. But I must say I'm quite chuffed, it isn't really quite processed fully yet mind, I expect I'll be jumping off the walls once it does. I really did enjoy Dissidia, and I'm hoping Dissidia 2 will offer an even more improved experience. I'm really looking forward to this title, as well as upcoming updates.

Cheers for the news. =D

This excites me! I officially can't wait. I had a feeling it would happen at some point, so, assuming this isn't some sort of hoax, then hurray!

The name is a mystery. I got as far as the "duodeci" part, which is 12. Maybe there will be a total of twelve FF games represented in this game with their respective characters? Who knows at the moment.

Well, there already were 12 games represented, only 11 and 12 only had one character as opposed to two. One could only guess what the "12" would mean.

This news came sooner than expected. Oh well, so far this game has caught my interest already. Kain is actually going to be playable, I can't wait. Although I wonder.

Final Fantasy IV The After Years Spoilers

Will his fighting style be similar to Cecil's since now he's a Holy Dragoon now?

As for Lightning, I am mildly interested because I never really cared for her personality.

Sequel? Awesome :awesome:

I can't wait to see how it goes. It seems like an interesting game so far. Don't care about Lightning, tbh, but the others intrigue me. I hope that the story is better than it was in the first one. And they had better included KH or else. Dual wielding Sora and Roxas would be nice, in the least.

Back