Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

I don't like their direction because Square-Enix care very little about anything other than your money. Their focus is just completely, completely in the wrong place, they need more quality and less quantity, and to me, Dissidia: Duowhatever fits the bill for the latter.

But isnt this the same for all games companies these days? Activision and yet another 30 quid installment of Guitar Hero, with 12 new songs but exactly the same game? Capcom and another version of Street Fighter with a few new characters? Nintendo and the Wii sports things and the wii plus?

Every single company is guilty of this in some way or another, at least SE are going via the path of fan service instead of doing the same thing 15 times over.

Even if it was a sequel would it make so much difference to the game at all?

The only suprise I see here other then suspisions that it may be fake (Im sure if it was SE wouldve said so by now) is that its scheduled to be released for 2011........

Don't SE normally announce a game years before it's released?

and yes all SE seem to care about is money.............

Don't SE normally announce a game years before it's released?

Not necessarily all the time. SE does get rather inconsistent with their schedules. There have been occasions where they stifle any announcements of a game until it's rather late in development (usually if they're smaller projects).

A lot of occasions they do put the cart before the horse. Crystal Bearers as the ultimate example, was in its very infant stages of development when it was announced. In fact, I don't think they even started it yet when it was announced.

Well, there is a possibility that it is a sequel, no one really knows what exactly it is.
But right now, i'm not too convinced that it is a sequel until more info is released confirming that it is a sequel.

Its a sequel.

Adding new cast and saying they return means a new game, branching off the old, making a sequel.

Its the matter if they say its a sequel, but despite what they do, it just comes off as a add-on or remake or something like that. I certainly hope it doesn't come down to that. :cry:

Not necessarily all the time. SE does get rather inconsistent with their schedules. There have been occasions where they stifle any announcements of a game until it's rather late in development (usually if they're smaller projects).

A lot of occasions they do put the cart before the horse. Crystal Bearers as the ultimate example, was in its very infant stages of development when it was announced. In fact, I don't think they even started it yet when it was announced.

I woulda thought this game wouldn't take as long a game like versus XIII because that's on the PS3.
But agito and Dissidia are oth on the PSP............and I'm not sure when agito was announced but I'm a 100% sure that it was announced years back............and the release date for agito must be like 2011 or 2012.........And also SE havent themeselves announced it..........if they do at TGS,that means tehy got under or slightly over a full year to release the game.

And for SE to release a game under or slightly after a year they announce it is rather unlikely..........even if it may be on a portable device.

The info we will get at Tokyo Game show about this better be worth reading. I mean lets hope they announce it is really a sequel with an all new story. If I remember the first game had an special ending if you collected all the chaos and cosmos reports. I have never done so. Maybe that explains something about a sequel?

And for SE to release a game under or slightly after a year they announce it is rather unlikely..........even if it may be on a portable device.

Not that unlikely. Like I said, Square Enix could simply choose not to announce the game until it's rather late in development. The sequel would have already been in development for a considerable amount of time before now. It's just that with games like Agito and Versus, SE chose to announce them really early when the development stages were still early. And that really annoys me about the company. If there's little to announce at the moment, then don't announce it yet. At least they haven't done it with this game.

I don't like their direction because Square-Enix care very little about anything other than your money. Their focus is just completely, completely in the wrong place, they need more quality and less quantity, and to me, Dissidia: Duowhatever fits the bill for the latter.

Dude, it's always about the money. That's Economy 101 for ya, and Square-Enix is not the only company, and it's not only the major companies, It's EVERY Company.

You forget, we're in a recession, and since this affects the VG industry as well, they are trying to do what they can to make money, that's the point.

Anyway, enough about my rant on that subject. It would not make sense for SE to just re release Dissidia under a new name with more characters, it's probably a sequel with more characters...possibly because I don't think you can put DLC on PSP....can you?

Hmm, so here comes Cloud. xD Woot. Hey, wait a second.
I swear to Squall's offer of fighting together again Cloud said; "Not interested."
Cloud's gonna be pissed to be pulled back again. :mokken:

I wonder what the plot will be... or rather, what time will the characters all be in.

If the first game had the characters in their game-timezone, does that mean Dissidia 2 will be during a new time-zone?

If it is a sequel, I'm still wondering how they'll make the ''War Between The Gods'' thing work unless:
a.) Cosmos and Chaos magically returns.
Or...
b.) This has nothing to do with the 1st Dissidia's story.

Let's see...Kitase was the producer for the first game, so maybe he'll be willing to give out some more info? The S-E line-up for TGS I saw doesn't mention this game, but maybe they'll add it since it was kind of a surprise?

I'm really hoping that new characters expand beyond just Lightning and Kain though. I can understand how adding villains may be harder to do, but there's plenty of notable characters on the "good side" and "in between" worth having from each game.

As for the 2011 date, I can expect that to mean as late as December 2011, so not for a long time. Would be a helluva a surprise to have it out in early '11, but I doubt it.

As for the 2011 date, I can expect that to mean as late as December 2011, so not for a long time. Would be a helluva a surprise to have it out in early '11, but I doubt it.
I hope it doesn't come out at the end of 2011, cause that would technically be 2012 :x3:

I want it by July or August of next year ^,^

a.) Cosmos and Chaos magically returns.
Or...
b.) This has nothing to do with the 1st Dissidia's story.
SPOILER!

Cosmos is alive at the end, depending on what you do I mean.

At the Chaos Shrine, the ten Crystals combine to open the path to Chaos' realm, and the ten heroes confront the god of discord on his throne. After an epic battle, Chaos is defeated and is consumed in flames as the heroes vanish. They appear in the fields outside Cornelia, and after some reminiscing, each return to their own worlds with their Crystal safe, while Warrior of Light returns to Cornelia.

In the secret ending of the game, unlocked after obtaining all the Reports, Cosmos is shown to be alive in her world. She has a discussion with Cid of the Lufaine, implying that the war still has not yet ended.

It is definitely a sequel :)

Hmm, so it will continue the original plot-line. :hmmm: I hope it's done right. I don't want it to be half-jobed. It's proven to be the best FF title in a while so I hope they make it at least good.

I got to unlock this secret ending! o_O
I've never bothered to collect all the
Cosmos and Chaos reports
after I finished the game, so I never knew about the secret ending.

EDIT:
I spoilered it. XD

Last edited:
Dude, it's always about the money. That's Economy 101 for ya, and Square-Enix is not the only company, and it's not only the major companies, It's EVERY Company.

You forget, we're in a recession, and since this affects the VG industry as well, they are trying to do what they can to make money, that's the point.
True, but with Square-Enix this dated long before the recession. I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't for the fact the quality of their main franchise has plummeted. Final Fantasy XIII was poorly received, Final Fantasy XII was far from great, Final Fantasy X-2 was awful and Final Fantasy X was generally a hit or miss for fans.

Square-Enix nowadays come across as a poorly run company, they have a CEO that thinks everything needs to be westernised - I'm sorry Wada, but no one gave a shit about it not being westernised, that's what WRPGs are there for and with Final Fantasy XIII is became very apparent they're trying to cater for the "pretty graphics" fans. But like I've said previously, the problem is that the fans lap it up. It's a sad indictment on the gaming industry when Final Fantasy XIII manages to ship more than the likes Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 combined.

If Square-Enix managed to churn out a number of random titles and spin-offs without damaging their main franchise then fair play to them, but they haven't. Take Nomura for instance, this guy is pretty much Square-Enix's last chance with Versus XIII but they've got him working on half a dozen other titles...it's just stupid.

I hope it doesn't come out at the end of 2011, cause that would technically be 2012 :x3:

I want it by July or August of next year ^,^

SPOILER!

Cosmos is alive at the end, depending on what you do I mean.

At the Chaos Shrine, the ten Crystals combine to open the path to Chaos' realm, and the ten heroes confront the god of discord on his throne. After an epic battle, Chaos is defeated and is consumed in flames as the heroes vanish. They appear in the fields outside Cornelia, and after some reminiscing, each return to their own worlds with their Crystal safe, while Warrior of Light returns to Cornelia.

In the secret ending of the game, unlocked after obtaining all the Reports, Cosmos is shown to be alive in her world. She has a discussion with Cid of the Lufaine, implying that the war still has not yet ended.

It is definitely a sequel :)

I have just asked this before. About the secret ending. But anyway that pretty much clears it up. I never bothered getting/watching the ending though. So now its is a sequel I guess :hmmm:

Very interesting what has been written.

1). Tifa would work extremely well in DouDecim, l can just picture her in Chase mode and how they could implement her limit breaks like they did Cloud. They should both be in the game 1 in story mode and the other as an unlockable character.

2). Rinoa could also work.........but dont forget her limit breaks were based around her dog.........Angelo:srsly: and her Sorceress powers removed the player completely in FFVIII so anything they come up with will be from scratch?

3). Seifer and Sqaull must be in the same game you would think? there rivalry is immense
and makes it a great story device. lf you add Zell as well as tifa it seem like to much + they have the same moves kinda.

4). Shuyin is a great idea and highly achievable! both he and Tidus are voiced by the same guy, James Taylor, so if just make the difference a costume change with darker voice tones its done........that the easy way, with out a story......they could also use this chance shed some light on the boys connection to each other, which 1 is real and such. Just an idea.

Obviously Sephiroth & Cloud will/have to be there they keep the roof on S-E HQ........but what about Sqaull? the cant get rid of him!!

As of today l have tallied 6500+ battles on Dissidia with the game @ 97% complete.............lm not sure l have another one in me?!:gonk:

None the less:

Confidence is High.....repeat.......Confidence is High.

I have just asked this before. About the secret ending. But anyway that pretty much clears it up. I never bothered getting/watching the ending though. So now its is a sequel I guess :hmmm:
Yuppies ^,^

When I first played, what and how Chaos acted told me there was gonna be a second to go on with what happened. And I sorta felt like he felt bad about everything at the end, and then the implying came. lol

Back