Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

There's only so much you can do now with the Dissidia formula to form a sequel.

Exactly. What more can you really do with a game like Dissidia? At least story-wise. Looking at the ending of Dissidia, how will the Cosmos and Chaos conflict thing work? It wouldn't exactly make much sense. So yeah, I really get the feeling that it's just an expansion.

Tenner says it's nearly the same game with different characters/storyline and a few tweaks here and there. :wacky:
First, who is Tenner and how should I know them? :gonk:

Second, I never said there wouldn't any new characters, just that the original cast is returning, so just don't expect 12 new characters since the scan confirms that the original are in fact, coming back.

Remember, the PSP has restrictions for its discs. That's why they didn't include any more stuff in the first game. :)

It's money (£10)...like a bet. :wacky:

The fact the original cast is coming back, to me, shows now quite clearly Square-Enix for what they really are. Greedy, money grabbing bastards who lack any originality and take fans for granted (problem being, fans lap it up time and time again).

This Dissidia 2 sounds nothing more than DLC, and it probably could have been released as DLC too. But no, Square-Enix want to charge £30. It already sounds like something I wouldn't waste money on, I'd rather spend money on AAA titles from AAA developers.

:yawn:

Oh >.>

Yea, we will get some new characters looks like, but not a whole new cast. The first game leaves the story off for Cosmos and Chaos and it looks like there was going to be a second. If Terra is given an actual damn sword this time, I will buy it, even if its a remake. Because Nomura screwed up my favorite character in the first, he better fix it up in the next :eek:

I think if its nothing new, I'll spend my money on the new KH game, but I hear the acting is so terrible, it makes the game bad lol

I seriously think there's too much hype for this. I go on another forum and there's a thread about ''DFF2'' and I post how I think it's an expansion with additional characters and other stuff and some person posts: ''What you described is what fighting games call a ''sequel.'' Umm...call me crazy but I thought an expansion adds on to the original game and a sequel is a game which it's story picks up where the last game left off. And DFF: 012 appears to be nothing like a sequel.

Well so far it doesn't seem that way.

If they change the battle system, add story or give the game a complete re-do (shell) then it won't be a add-on :)

Let's just see how Square will deliver Duodecim. I mean, me at least, am used to expansions and i've burned money over time buying a game that's just an expansion *ehem freedom unite ehem* just to have more content. Dissidia had such a big fanbase and was very well received and it being just an expansion would...well, suck. I just hope they expand the story and have more characters enter the fray. And at least some new moves for the old cast.

It would make more sense if there's a new cast cuz the original got sent back to their worlds. They can appear as flashbacks for the new cast meaning like the old characters sharing their experiences when they entered the war or something:ed:

Personally, to tell you the truth, I don't know why people are complaining if it's a sequel or an expansion pack. I still believe that the game is a farce as I have heard no official announcement from Square-Enix saying that there was a Dissidia sequel. Unless there is more reliable proof than that scan from the Shonen Jump magazine, I would like to see for myself.

I'm suprised that they actually are aiming for a 2011 release date...........I mean it's SE where all talking about here they normally announce a game and then release it after a few light years!

And since it got Lightning in,I only see Barthendelus as the only possible villain there...........I mean there wasn't a person in FFXIII that Lightning would be full of hatred..........Even though Barthendelus wasn't that personally connected to Lightning or anyone else for that matter.........

Yes they could have Rosch but I don't see him being there not unless it's like the Jecht and Tidus thing in Dissidia..........Where Jecht wasn't really that bad in FFX.

Anyway hopefully they add more characters............and give us some more infor over the next few months.

I still believe that the game is a farce as I have heard no official announcement from Square-Enix saying that there was a Dissidia sequel. Unless there is more reliable proof than that scan from the Shonen Jump magazine, I would like to see for myself.

I don't blame you there. There have been various fake stories of a Dissidia sequel in the past and then suddenly from out of nowhere this lands on the table with rumours that have been alive before - such as Lightning's addition to the cast. I do think it's legitimate though this time. It hasn't been labelled a fake yet, unlike the previous occasions. TGS is coming in about a week's time and these were leaked scans, so I expect to see the official announcement then.

This is not a fake at all. Somehow I just think it is Dissidia universal tuning in disquise though. If it truly is a new Dissidia game it should have a different story. Also how do we know everyone is reappearing? I do not see any confirmed info regarding that :hmmm: All I see is Lightning, Kain and Cecil as the only characters so far. Possibly Warrior of light also.

As sad as the possibility that this is just an extension is, I guess it does make sense for a number of reasons. The odd name choice is one, and another being that they are aiming to get it out in 2011, which is pretty soon seeing as this is the first we have heard about it.

It seems as if all they have done is added some of the characters that they were thinking about adding to the original Dissidia anyway. Lightning nearly made it in, but her appearance in Dissidia would have then preceded her appearance in FFXIII so it was decided that such would be a bad idea. Kain was rumoured to have been considered in Dissidia for a long time, and I think that the possibility of him being added was tossed around for a little while, but then they pretty much settled on only including the main characters and villains of each game.

So basically all we have seen so far are two new characters, and suspiciously both had almost reached the original Dissidia. It could be that they are only showing us these two characters because they are teasing us, and they know that people had been discussing how they were nearly in Dissidia, and more will come later. Alternatively these could be the only two new characters, added only to complete what the team originally wanted, but honestly I think that would be pointless. Even for Square-Enix I'd expect at least a proper roster change and new maps if it is to be a full priced game. They could sell it as a Dissidia+ version, but really that's just an insult to the fans of the game. Most people who were interested in Dissidia already have Dissidia, so there are not going to be many people buying their first Dissidia game who would benefit from this, and I doubt that very many people would want to buy this at full price if it is essentially the same game. That said, people probably will, I guess.

Personally, to tell you the truth, I don't know why people are complaining if it's a sequel or an expansion pack. I still believe that the game is a farce as I have heard no official announcement from Square-Enix saying that there was a Dissidia sequel. Unless there is more reliable proof than that scan from the Shonen Jump magazine, I would like to see for myself.
A farce in a big magazine (manga?), with official art in Nomura's style?

Its not a farce, a magazine like this one would never do this :/

Like I said before, its not the first time information has been leaked in Shonen Jump, if anything it seems to be SE's go to people due to the popularity of the mag in Japan meaning it tends to reach a wider audience.

Had it been April fools day, yes I would definatley say it was fake, but its September, they have leaked info there before, and it seems much like the real thing this time judging from the interviews, the fact they havent dismissed it like they have done in the past and also the fact they got a copyright on the phrase they are using on the title some time ago while it was a secret project.

Ryan- I'm sorry but saying that "adding original cast" is being rip off merchants sounds a little, bitter...like you are not enjoying SE's current direction and are picking apart for picking aparts sake, EVERY single fighting game sequel ever released ALWAYS has reoccuring characters, Street Fighter wouldnt be Street Fighter without Ken and Ryu, Mortal Kombat wouldnt be the same without Scorpion and Sub Zero, Tekken wouldn't be quite so "iron fist tournament" without Mishima representation.

Remember dissidia is a fighting game, not an RPG therefore there will be statics that will remain so, such as casts of characters, that will likely be expanded upon.

The odd name choice is one, and another being that they are aiming to get it out in 2011, which is pretty soon seeing as this is the first we have heard about it.
Yeah, if it was a sequel wouldn't it just be called Dissidia II instead of Duodecim? I also find it strange that they are releasing it in 2011. I see it as this: now that FFXIII is out already, SE/Nomura sees this as a chance to add Lightning to the cast and nothing more. But who knows?

Yeah, if it was a sequel wouldn't it just be called Dissidia II instead of Duodecim? I also find it strange that they are releasing it in 2011. I see it as this: now that FFXIII is out already, SE/Nomura sees this as a chance to add Lightning to the cast and nothing more. But who knows?
Well, a sequel doesn't have to be called "II". They can have names instead of numbers. :gasp:

Like Legend of Zelda: Major's Mask. Its a sequel and its not numbers two. ^,^

Well the project has been top secret for some time, so for all we know it could have been in development since the release of Dissidia I which more than makes it viable for a late 2011 release, but judging from the Affix 012 on the working title image, it looks like it could be 2012 with 2011 possibly being the demo release? just guessing but I guess thats all we can do till we know for certain.

Well, there is a possibility that it is a sequel, no one really knows what exactly it is.
But right now, i'm not too convinced that it is a sequel until more info is released confirming that it is a sequel.

Last edited:
I don't like their direction because Square-Enix care very little about anything other than your money. Their focus is just completely, completely in the wrong place, they need more quality and less quantity, and to me, Dissidia: Duowhatever fits the bill for the latter.

Back