Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

I'd like to see Locke from VI get in this game.....I'd also like Ramza or Delita from FFTactics....maybe even Minwu from II. *sigh*

The tough games to figure out are 1-3. We have Warrior of Light from 1, so what other character would get added? Red Mage maybe (I'd rather see Vivi than 'Black Mage of Light')? Thief? But then who would the bad guy be?

Maybe Astos, king of the Dark Elves? Or Bikke the pirate captain? Those are the only other villains (besides from the four fiends, which would need to all be in for it to make sense) that I can remember from FF1. As for the hero, I guess that another job class could be the only other thing that they can do.

With 2, the characters all grow similarly, so maybe Maria could be in and be more magic oriented? Then add Leon as her opposite?
I think that people would really want one of the temporary playable characters to feature this time. Minwu is quite a popular character, for example. Borghen could be the villain perhaps, though I don't know how that would work in reality. I'm not very good with FF2, so I'm not sure if there are many other villains that could be used.

Personally, I'd hope to see Seymour and Yuna. And summons could work if they got rid of the the summons we have currently. They could be just like attacks where the summon comes out really quick and does it's thing and goes away (if not like that, Yuna herself could use their overdrive moves). Anima could be Seymour's Ex-Mode attack though (since we don't know if he has any other summons).
I guess so. While I loved the amount of summons that Dissidia had, I disliked the summoning system. It didn't feel as if the summons were really there. We were just throwing pictures at each other and I didn't feel any presence there. With an advanced summoning system perhaps Yuna and Seymour could make an appearance.

I guess so. While I loved the amount of summons that Dissidia had, I disliked the summoning system. It didn't feel as if the summons were really there. We were just throwing pictures at each other and I didn't feel any presence there. With an advanced summoning system perhaps Yuna and Seymour could make an appearance.

Maybe, for example, the Ex-moves of Yuna/Seymour/whatever summoner can change depending on the summon stone they are equipping? Like if they have Bahamut equipped they can use Mega-Flare as the Ex-Burst.

Also having exclusive summons (like exclusive weapons in the first Dissidia) could work too, like Valefor and Anima as mentioned previously. Also (excuse myself if this is considered a spoiler) Maduin for Terra etc . This way, it could be a gap for Faris of FFV to come in with Syldra as the exclusive summon.

I don't want the summon stone system to disappear completely as they were important for strategies, but simply improving them would be welcomed.

OMG this is the best news i heard of in a while :)

putting kingdom hearts into it would be hard to do

and please put in crisis core and X-2

crisis core: Zack opposing Gensis

X-2: Yuna (Gunner or Warrior) opposing new yevon leader

lighting is a good addition as well

Dang it I was beat to the info xP anywhat, super excited!!!!! If Kingdom Hearts characters would be included then the Final Fantasy feel would somewhat be lost, cuz the characters are not Disney nor Final Fantasy, but Square [Enix] 4-player fights ala Mirage Arena from Birth by Sleep would feel more Final Fantasy right?
:ed:

Last edited:
I have to wonder will the older characters who previously starred be in the sequel as well? Because if there is even a slight chance that Cloud may meet Lightening in this franchise I will flip :gasp:

Finally I can start getting into these games for real.

Plz Add
1) Vayne from 12
2) A universal magic system(perhaps with spells appearing around the arena)
3) A proper combo system in fact a whole new fighting system similar to devil may cry
4) Do more with the summons

Plz get rid of
1)braving point system(or at least cap it, you should not be able to kill someone with one hit no matter what the diffrence in levels)
2) Having to chose your moves before hand, they should all be avalible. Some Tekken CHRs have over a hundred moves.
3) Leveling up, fighting games should be about skill not patience.

Last edited:
Also having exclusive summons (like exclusive weapons in the first Dissidia) could work too, like Valefor and Anima as mentioned previously. Also (excuse myself if this is considered a spoiler) Maduin for Terra etc . This way, it could be a gap for Faris of FFV to come in with Syldra as the exclusive summon.

Mist Dragon for Rydia as well...

but that'll probably have to wait for another game. Maybe if they continue Dissidia beyond this game, it should definitely be on the PS3 (or PS4 :gasp: if it's that long!), then they can add a TON of characters. But that is a whole different topic!

Well personally im excited about this and its inspired me to pick up playing with Dissidia 1 again, here is what i would like to see:

1. Gilgamesh! I was extremely disappointed that they put him as a summon/ghost card, I would totally love to see him implemented, obviously Bartz would be his natural Rival and Galuf or Faris could be placed in to be ExDeaths polar opposite, his Ex-Mode ofc would be either his undead form or The Sword Of Legend :lew:

2. Celes, Ultros and Sigfried for definate, just because aside from Kefka, they were excellent characters from IV

3. Basch in as Gabranths Rival.

4. Beatrix and Steiner, as much as id like to see Vivi, gotta keep with the Rivals and Steiner fits the rivalry to Beatrix best.

5. A big change to the way the camera angles work, with some characters the bad camera angle switching became a useful and very exploitable tool.

6. A change to the way brave works, namely stage brave, most people complain about the power of one shotting, the truth is this comes from the astronmical amounts of stage brave you can get from breaking your opponent, which with some characters/builds is childs play.

thats it from me for now.

P.S: for the doubters that think because it was in the Shonen Jump magazine that the article is fake, this isnt the first time Square-Enix have used the popular Japanese mag to announce a game, they also used it to announce most of the first dissidia content along with Agito, XIII and the FF7 spin offs (dirge of cerberus and crisis core) it has also been confirmed by several reputable sites. seems SE's director is choosing to continue to the trend of giving the fans what they want

also:

For Yuna I can see them if they add her going with the X-2 style Yuna, probably using "Gunner Yuna" as her normal combat form and Dress-sphere for the Ex-Mode with Valefor being her Ex-Burst.

Seymour will probably be a caster type dissimilar to Ultimecia, Ex-Mode likely Seymour Flux or Omni's with Anima as his Ex-Burst.

Last edited:
4. Beatrix and Steiner, as much as id like to see Vivi, gotta keep with the Rivals and Steiner fits the rivalry to Beatrix best.

Perhaps Vivi could go up against Black Waltz No. 3? He was fairly important, recurring, and he could be argued to be Vivi's arch-nemesis. The scene where they both met for the first time in the original game is probably one of the most emotional moments of a Final Fantasy game, so I think that the two of them fighting in the new Dissidia would be quite awesome.

From what I understand, no new characters. Old Cast returning. A few add-ons/unlockables will be available -- Lightning and Kain.

But that's just what I understand from a few translations of the scan and a few friends >.>

From what I understand, no new characters. Old Cast returning. A few add-ons/unlockables will be available -- Lightning and Kain.

But that's just what I understand from a few translations of the scan and a few friends >.>

I find it hard to believe they would only add two characters...I mean...what a waste of developing a new game. It's not like they were taking Dissidia and making it for the PS3 with extra characters now. If they were just going to do 2 new characters, they'd be better off just adding them in as downloadable characters to the game we all already have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, at minimum, one new character per game. Anything less would seem really lame.

Im guessing the translation would probably actually be "the old cast returning as well as some welcome additions, the first of which are kain and lightning" im guessing they will extend the roster, to include an extra hero/villain representing each FF with DLC for other characters.

If they're going to make the effort to call this game a sequel, then I'm gonna have faith that the story (however minuscule it ends up being like in the first game) will be different from what was in the first game. It may not even be a direct sequel, but some sort of AU-take where instead of the main heroes and villains, it's the more secondary characters...or something xD

If this was the same Dissidia game with extras in it, they'd rename it something gaudy like "Ultimate Edition", or what the hell, "Final Mix+" :wacky:

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe they would only add two characters...I mean...what a waste of developing a new game. It's not like they were taking Dissidia and making it for the PS3 with extra characters now. If they were just going to do 2 new characters, they'd be better off just adding them in as downloadable characters to the game we all already have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, at minimum, one new character per game. Anything less would seem really lame.
Not just 2, just don't expect (or at least get ready if it turns out to be true from the translations) not to see 12 new characters, because they are bringing all the old back, said the scan. Kain, Lighting and a few others might be unlockables or downloadable characters. :/

Not just 2, just don't expect (or at least get ready if it turns out to be true from the translations) not to see 12 new characters, because they are bringing all the old back, said the scan. Kain, Lighting and a few others might be unlockables or downloadable characters. :/
Tenner says it's nearly the same game with different characters/storyline and a few tweaks here and there. :wacky:
:dave:

Not just 2, just don't expect (or at least get ready if it turns out to be true from the translations) not to see 12 new characters, because they are bringing all the old back, said the scan.
I have a feeling it'd be something like that (and I hope i'm wrong). DFF: 012 appears to be more like an expansion rather than a true sequel. It sounds sorta like what Sega is doing with Phantasy Star Portable 2 by making PSPo2: Infinity, for example.

Square Enix has done splendid with their works and i'm sure we're up for something new for Duodecim. Adding new characters as DLC is impossible cuz Dissidia was never meant for DLC stuff.

All i'm hoping for is no more chessboards, more modes, DLC accessible (DLC for FF XIII was dropped) and Infrastructure Online most of all (I keep hoping but I'm sure it's still ad-hoc only)

I have a feeling it'd be something like that (and I hope i'm wrong). DFF: 012 appears to be more like an expansion rather than a true sequel.

That's exactly what I think as well. There's only so much you can do now with the Dissidia formula to form a sequel. They'll probably only mainly throw in a few new characters to the mix for more fanservice and keep everything else more or less the same, if not very similar. It's like the Guitar Hero franchise. The novelty only really works the first time. The releases after that are merely just new songs with minor tweaks.

This better not be just an expansion though. I hope an all new story will be formed. Additional characters/dlc characters would be nice. But I just imagine you will get bored sometime. It should have online matchmaking if possible but I highly HIGHLY doubt it. I think we will just have to use ad-hoc party again :hmmm: This better not Be Dissidia Universal Tuning in disquise -_- But really if this is just an expansion I really see no point in it :gasp:

Back