Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

It would be nice to have KH, but I don't think it'll happen since it's still got 'Final Fantasy' in the title.

Plus, just picture the scenario if he met Cloud/Squall/Tidus/Sephiroth :mokken:

I do hope we get Cid from FF13, make him go Super Saiyan on Lightning's ass :britt:

Also, 10 quid says we'll have a screenshot of Lightning's chase sequence within the hour of Dissidia 2's release, then Dan will have proof that Lightning has a schlong :jtc:

A Schlong? O_O

And I don't want them flinging in FFXIII characters. Lightning is enough, tbh. They should add all the secondaries from the other games like Red Mage, Tifa, Yuna, etc.Then maybe there will be new possibilities with the story. :hmmm:

Cid would oppose Lightning (I hope)

Red XIII would be an interesting character, but I favour Tifa since she has epic fistfighting powaz :hmmm:

And schlong=cawk, with Lightning's skirt, we'll know the truth :gonk:

If Lightning gets a villainous match-up character to represent FFXIII, I expect it to be Raines as well (hey, if Jecht gets an appearance in the first game, why not Raines?). The thought of the other FFXIII "villains" leaping around on a stage trying to dodge Lightning's shots just sounds weird. And Raines needs more screentime anyway, even if it's on a portable screen. :dave:

Raines can go super saiyan her anyway :mokken:

And that's my thinking too, besides, of all the FF13 villains he's both A: Most suitable for Dissidia and B: the closest thing to a villain with depth in all of FF13 :jtc:

I will laugh my ass off if it is Galenth Dysley and in ex mode he becomes Mr Barty :lew: I do not expect it though.

Raines as Lightning's counterpart would be awesome, but I dunno if it'll happen. She might just be a one shot deal like Gabranth and Shantatto.

I hope Kain's alt. costume shows him without the helmet ♥

...Wtf would Lightning' alt costume be? xD

Im semi excited for it. While I liked the first game, the extra missions after you beat the game were ridiculous. I wouldnt complain, but I had the second best sword and great armor for Squall at the highest level and they were running circles around me. It wasnt that it was hard and doable, it just felt cheap.

Yeah the AI in Dissidia became stupid after a while and the higher level setting involved a lot of needles dodging!

Raines has a lot of credibility as a Semi Villain channelling the same kind of thing jecht and golbez had in D1.........being former champions of light and cosmos, but being corrupted by Chaos.

Genre: Dramatic Progressive Action. Hehe, I've never even heard of this genre.

very much looking forward to this as I enjoyed the first so much that I still play it. It'l be interesting to see if it's still Chaos V Cosmos, or another new setting (though it looks this way from the logo). If so, I hope we get to fight Cosmos too using the villains. Just having Chaos as the last boss was a bit unfair for the fans of villains.

EDIT: also, in the Kain screenshot, I see that there's an orange bar underneath the hp bar. maybe a new feature during battle :x3:

I'm actually excited it's not even funny -__-

I liked Dissidia, it wasn't the best game, the story wasn't amazing, so they better branch out and add more twists and turns to make it more exciting. I'd love to fight as Kain, because in some of the games I prefer other characters than the main hero, so I like that they're adding secondary characters.. sweet... but more characters = bigger teams? That's lame. I didn't like the idea of them splitting up into teams, I was hoping to see them interact with EVERYBODY there, you get me? I hope they do something like that. With a new story, other than them looking for crystals to kill the bad mamma jamma, this should be a good-great game!
I don't have extremely high hopes, but I'll still get it. :awesome:

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!

I hope its true! I hope it has Edgar and I get to chainsaw people! And Kain! Yea! Will Red XIII be playing him if this is true? :eek:

(is super mega excited)

This is great news, but i'm not suprised about it, nor excited for some reason. Dissidia was a fun little game and I like it alot, it's just that I kinda saw this coming. And like someone else already said (can't remember who it was), it's probably not much different from the last Dissidia, with the exception of a new story mode and etc. But one thing I know for sure is that i'd love to see more characters like Yuna and Balthier in it this time. If SE confirms that, then i'll be excited. :3

Hopefull this time, it will be its own game and not just KH with an FF face. I was kind of expecting something more Final fantasy-ish than that.

I'm not surprised at all tbh... what would, is who they unveil. Gunner Yuna vs Shuyin would be epic, and oh so delicious.. <333 I honestly don't see Tifa being in it, they would more likely use Zack vs Genesis. VIII hrm.... it's hard to say because Seifer would be an obvious villain choice, but Squall is his greatest rival... Maybe if they used Rinoa in all those fan made alternate costume looks.. the KH look. Sexeh :3

There's always the chance that Lightning does have a villainous counterpart like some of the characters did in Dissidia, given that FFXIII didn't really have villain - Cid Raines wasn't a villain :hmph: On the other hand he has his
Cie'th Hybrid
mode which could be an alternate costume an EX Mode. :hmmm:

I think that Edea could be a plausible choice for someone on the FF8 side... she COULD work
as a hero, since she was good for the latter half of the game... so you could have like Edea vs Seifer...
I really don't see Rinoa working that well though... The Pinwheel would kinda suck as a weapon in Dissidia, and her Sorceress Powers weren't shown well enough in the game for those to really be her main thing... The thing that sucks about FF8 is truthfully none of the characters other than Squall, Ultimecia, Seifer, Edea and MAYBE Selphie and Kiros would really work... Quistis is on the possible side IF her moves were reminiscent of Ivy's in Soul Calibur...Zell is a possibility, but I can't really see them putting a fist fighter in Dissidia, which is why I'm doubtful Tifa would be in it either. Irivine... just no. I don't really see how a shotgun would be any good in a game like Dissidia...Too clunky and slow... although, I did read that Balthier was slated to be in the first game, but since he was in War of the Lions, they decided to remove him, so I guess guns COULD work...

Interesting. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for this, but it would depend on the characters released and if there are any gameplay changes if I was to get this game or not. I didn’t like that you could only equip a few moves to spam for each fight, so I hope that they make fighting a little bit better this time around.

I’m very glad that they have announced Kain as a playable character, as one of my main issues with Dissidia was that they limited themselves to the main characters, many of whom looked like / acted like / had similar personalities to each other. Having Kain has certainly opened it up for the possibility of any number of interesting playable characters.

Some ideas and wants (skip if you worship the Teal Dear):

I’d love to see Edgar or Sabin (or Gau… Or Shadow… Or, darn, I forgot that I love all of the FF6 characters!) as an FF6 hero. As for an FF6 villain I’d love to see them use Ultros! You never got to fight other major villains such as Gestahl, and so Ultros seems to me to be the obvious choice for a secondary villain, as he was a recurring boss. In that case, perhaps the better character to choose for the hero would then be Relm? Uncle Ulty battle intro quotes would be great, and Relm’s draw ability drawing sketches of Ultros would be quite cool (though probably hard to do). Alternately, I think that Cyan vs Wrexsoul would be great too, but Wrexsoul didn't have many appearances and so many people would probably forget who he was.

For FFV the hero for me would need to be Faris, I think. The female pirate captain was probably the best of the playable characters in FFV, and her EX mode could involve interaction with Hydra / Syldra. Her primary costume could be her Amano look, while her alternate costume could be the purple haired look from the game. The villain for this game would have to be Gilgamesh, and I’d really love to see this. I was sad that they didn’t include him originally. That said, I can’t see the personal connection between Faris and Gilgamesh, so perhaps Galuf or Krile would be a better fit.

For FFVII I’d love the idea of Red XIII, and I think that a character such as that could really be interesting. For villains I guess Hojo would be quite fitting, with his EX mode being his
freaky Frankenhydewocky form

For FFVIII I think that Edea would be a good villain choice, but I’m then not sure who would be most suitable for a hero choice other than Rinoa. Alternatively I guess there is always Adel for a villain, and that then opens the heroes up to Laguna, Kiros and Ward (Laguna being the most fitting).

For FFIX I’d love to see Zorn and Thorn as villains, though it would be hard / impossible to control two villains at the same time… Perhaps they could stand on each others heads or something? Their EX mode could be t
heir combined form, Meltigemini
. As a hero I’m really not sure… Quina to match the jesters with the lolfactor? I think that a better match in reality would be Steiner vs Beatrix, as they’d both go really well facing off against each other, and those two are definitely connected!

For FFX perhaps the villain should this time be Seymour, though just discard his summon. That said, summoners wouldn’t work in a game like this so we couldn’t have Yuna to face him. I think that Kimahri would be great to have in the game too, or Auron, but it would be hard to match those up with suitable villains who are non-summoners.

As far as 8 goes, I think they could make Rinoa work. But I guess if they couldn't it would probably be Edea vs. Seifer. All I know is, Seifer needs to be in the game, because since every character has had some connection to their respective opposite, Squall and Ultimecia really don't. Seifer really should have been in place of Ultimecia. As far as who truly opposes Ultimecia, I would think either Rinoa or Edea.

The tough games to figure out are 1-3. We have Warrior of Light from 1, so what other character would get added? Red Mage maybe (I'd rather see Vivi than 'Black Mage of Light')? Thief? But then who would the bad guy be?

With 2, the characters all grow similarly, so maybe Maria could be in and be more magic oriented? Then add Leon as her opposite?

3 runs into the same problem of 2. Maybe we could have Freelancer as the character (maybe based off of Ingus or the alternate outfit based off of him, like Onion Knight's alternate resembles Luneth), and the Ex-Mode could be Dark Knight and Summoner?

I'm hoping Kain's opposite (assuming they are going to add 2 characters to each game) is Zemus (with Zeromus as his Ex-Mode).

For 12, just add Basch, and maybe Ashe and Vayne if they want to even 12 out with the rest.

♥Beauty Queen Etna♥;801271 said:
And schlong=cawk, with Lightning's skirt, we'll know the truth :gonk:

Nope, she wears a 'skort'. If not that, she wears shorts underneath her skirt...either way, you won't see anything.

they would more likely use Zack vs Genesis

Vincent vs Hojo could work too. That's assuming they aren't going to be using spin-off games.

For FFIX I’d love to see Zorn and Thorn as villains, though it would be hard / impossible to control two villains at the same time… Perhaps they could stand on each others heads or something? Their EX mode could be
their combined form, Meltigemini
. As a hero I’m really not sure… Quina to match the jesters with the lolfactor? I think that a better match in reality would be Steiner vs Beatrix, as they’d both go really well facing off against each other, and those two are definitely connected!

For FFX perhaps the villain should this time be Seymour, though just discard his summon. That said, summoners wouldn’t work in a game like this so we couldn’t have Yuna to face him. I think that Kimahri would be great to have in the game too, or Auron, but it would be hard to match those up with suitable villains who are non-summoners.

I had suggested Zorn and Thorn in a different thread, but I had said that maybe they could work somewhat like the Ice Climbers in the Smash Bros. series. But in this case, you could choose which one you controlled, and maybe have the ability to switch in the middle of battle (sorta along the lines of Cecil, but not dependent upon being on the ground or in the air).

Personally, I'd hope to see Seymour and Yuna. And summons could work if they got rid of the the summons we have currently. They could be just like attacks where the summon comes out really quick and does it's thing and goes away (if not like that, Yuna herself could use their overdrive moves). Anima could be Seymour's Ex-Mode attack though (since we don't know if he has any other summons).

Back