Do you take care of your hair?

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
Hmm I couldn't see a thread for this.

I searched through all of Costa and could only find a thread that was about putting certain foods in your hair that could be good for your hair or something along those lines.

Anyway, I will wash my hair every second day, or when it starts to feel yuck, but I usually would never let it get to that stage. XD

Some people I know just don't care and it's one of those things that really is noticeable. =/

A couple of people I know have really bad dandruff as well as having really oily hair and they're smart girls and they work at a pharmacy so there's no real excuse for them to have hair like that.

Plus it's kind of strange to see someone working in a pharmacy that doesn't take care of their hygeine all over. =/

Anti-dandruff shampoo always does the trick for me when my scalp gets a bit dry and just buying a shampoo to suit your hair isn't that hard to find either.

Your hair might be dry and so you would therefore buy a shampoo and conditioner that will put moisture back into your hair.

How are you when taking care of your hair?

Are you really anal about it like me and would dread the thought of going out and having someone see your icky hair?

Or do you just not really care that much?

Give detail as to how you take care of your hair so that this doesn't get chucked in spam please. =P

I have to make sure my hair is washed all day; erry day. It's rather long for a dude's hair. I find that if it goes unwashed for one day, it's all oily and I can't stand it. Any longer and it dries out, which really fucking sucks. :hmph:

So yes, I wash my hair every day. And it's all smooth and pimpin'. :grin:

I love my hair so much, and take as good of care as possible with it(I reckon I don't have many years left before I have to shave it all off to avoid the lameness of male pattern baldness)

I Usually wash it every day, though only with shampoo and conditioner every second day to avoid getting rid of all my hairs natural oils. I try and pick hair products that wont do to much damage to it but still style it effectively, I find a gel based wax does well here.

Through trial and error I have discovered my ideal shampoo/conditioner set and as such have the softest hair of anyone I know, I know this as every night I'm out and have a few drinks I challenge people to feel my hair.

God I love my hair

I actually go to the hairdressers to buy my shampoo and conditioner now as their products are so much better than that of the supermarket products.

Usually when you see all that instant foam when you start to wash your hair when using supermarket products, it isn't really a good thing. =/

I would wash my hair every day, but because my hair is so long and naturally curly it's too hard. I straighten it every second day and that's too time consuming as it is and it's not that great to put a hot iron on your hair all the time either.

I have a foam I run through my hair that's meant to protect you from the hot plates but it can only do so much. >.<

I don't like having icky hair, so if I'm working, I'll wash it every day with shampoo (not always conditioner) the night before. If I'm not expected anywhere I need to look professional, I'll probably wait 2 days to wash because that's when it starts getting real oily and just plain 'ol gross and I hate that. I can't stand it. Plus, it'll start to itch and I hate having to itchy my scalp if I don't wash it. It just makes things worse. Just recently, I lopped all my hair off. I got a long-ish sort of pixie cut so I don't have to do much with it. It's so much easier to take care of.

not really. I usually only wash frequently when I am working (why cant people understand the concept of having a job but no work <_<) or going out frequently.

I'm always told I have amazing hair despite the fact I barely do anything to care for it. The downside is that it always gets greasy like a day after because of my body's rate of perspiration. :gasp:

I take time every now and then to clean my hair though.

Sure do. My mom was very adamant about taking care of my hair when I was a kid. I have naturally straight hair and I used to brush it a lot when I was a teenager, but lately I like to have that loose natural look rather than having to make it look proper at all times. I wash and shampoo my hair every single day (sometimes with conditioner - though not too often). Can't really stand having it unwashed to be honest. I feel like my day's not complete if it's not washed/shampooed. The only time I'll leave it unwashed for 2 days is when I am planning to dye my hair, which I haven't actually done for a few years now. Actually I regret dyeing my hair in the first place...it ruined my hair for awhile there.

Religiously! If I were to put money on the one thing people from school would remember me for, it was my hair/hairstyles.

I shampoo every morning before work and leave it to dry naturally before applying whatever styling product I have (I'll pad it with a towel to stop it dripping everywhere). Because I always put product in my hair I never need to condition, though even if I didn't it's pretty slick regardless of what I use on it.

It's been a trend to take care of my hair for nigh 10 years now. When I was around 15 it would get greasy by the next day, so I guess that was the main reason for keeping on top of it. I'd always feel gross if I hadn't washed it that morning too, like I was hot and sweaty or something.

Religiously! If I were to put money on the one thing people from school would remember me for, it was my hair/hairstyles.

You DO have lovely hair. It should be on your gravestone. 'He had good hair'

Looking at my wig this morning you could be forgiven for thinking I dont give a shit about my hair. I went out last night, had several shots, alarmingly managed to stay in control of my sense, but I had a shower when I got in, went to bed with wet hair and I just have this.....nest on my head

I do take care of my wig though, it gets shampood and conditioned everyday, heat defense spray goes on, then the frizz serum when Im done styling it

If Im not going out though, I wont bother with styling it, though now it's short, Id never entertain even going to the shop without doing summat, at least when it was long I could get away with it...

But yeah. the barnet needs to be looked after :monocle:

I wash it with shampoo everyday. I've heard that it isn't good for your hair but my hair is quite oily so I just feel dirty it I don't. :sad: I also care enough about my hair to pick certain shampoos. Some cheap shampoos make my hair feel like straw when I've used it so I do 'splash out' on Dove shampoo... :mokken: 1/4 moisturising milk you know. :hmph:

I usually leave it naturally as well unless I go on a night out or something. I just style it with a brush when it's wet and it usually holds its shape. :mokken:

My hair is... alright. I take good care of it. Shower every day. Proper bath once a week. But I don't really splash out on shampoo and shit. I let my mum and dad do that for their hair, then just mooch off them when I'm in the bath and take a bit of that fancy conditioner stuff as well. :lew: I'm told I have decent hair, and I've never dyed it so it looks natural, but I've never liked it. :rage:

Because we're worth it. :hmph:

I LOVE my hair so much! XDDD

I have naturally straight hair so i never really care to fix it after a shower but i do shower EVERY day because if i dont my hair gets so oily that i just cant stand it not being silky soft :x3:. Oh and i agree with Kandy that hairdressers have much better shampoo and conditioner than supermarket products.

I wash it with shampoo everyday. I've heard that it isn't good for your hair but my hair is quite oily so I just feel dirty it I don't. :sad: I also care enough about my hair to pick certain shampoos. Some cheap shampoos make my hair feel like straw when I've used it so I do 'splash out' on Dove shampoo... :mokken: 1/4 moisturising milk you know. :hmph:

Dove is insane, it really gives you that lovely soft texture that everyone craves not to mention your hair just looks phenomenal afterwards.

I wash my hair everyday. If I don't, it looks greasy and disgusting and feels nasty. I used the kind of shampoo that I get from the salon because it gives my hair some lift and makes it easier to work with.

I'd say I take pretty good care of my hair, but I don't really go too crazy over it. I'll wash it if it's dirty, but I won't wash it everyday on a schedule if it's not getting dirty every day; not only does it take too much time but it wastes a lot of money and chemicals. I can't let it go more than 1-2 days though before it gets a bit dirty, which is kind of a pain since it's down to my backside and it takes forever to wash :jtc: I love the length though so I hardly ever get it cut, whenever I go to a hair stylist they want to give me a cut that matches whatever look is currently in style, like layering etc., and as long as I've lived I've never seen ridiculously long hair be in style so I can't really go in and get a "cut" that I like :lew: It looks fine though to me, I like it being different, and sometimes I still get compliments on it anyway. And I don't really use any products on it other than shampoo and conditioner, but I do have to blowdry the crap out of it if I want it straight or it gets really frizzy >_> But then there are other days when I like a wild mane look and I just let it go too ^_^

I wash my Hair Daily, but every other day i have a shower, so my hair stays nice and fresh, even though i do slap on some hair wax after it is washed, but it still gets washed daily to remove all the hair product from the previous day. using head and shoulders daily to get rid of the Dandruff.

i just lob mine off lol hate having hair lol

MOD EDIT: Can we put a little more effort into posts please? This is a post count area, and spam posts are not allowed. Just elaborate more. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i wash my hair everyday.
Its not that im paraniod that its totally manky looking or whatever but at work im in a workshop so its an absolute garuntee that theres gunna be dirt and dust in my hair with the job i do. Especially as mines is a little longer its worse off.
If i dont wash my hair in the shower it just feels slimey and manky.
I think it was last wednesday.. I had a really long day, when i came home i ended up crashing out for the entire night, not waking up til morning ready for work. As i went to brush my teeth the first thing i noticed was my hair and how dirty it looked. I didnt have time for a shower so i just threw on a hat to cover it so no one would see.
Clean hair is very important.

Reactions: Six
I could probably take better care of my hair, but aslong as its short, relatively clean and not in my way i couldnt really care, fortunately i was gifted with insanely soft hair so even if i treat it like crap, it allways feels the business :gasp:

Back