FF Music Shoji Meguro

Gaige

Mechromancer
Veteran
Gil
This guy is known for working on a few Square-enix titles, but mostly he works with Shin Megami Tensei and Atlus on titles such as Persona, Digital Devil Saga, and the upcoming Catherine game.

Here are a few of my favourite songs that he's composed.

...Possibly slightly more than a few, but you catch my drift. :monocle: I just love how this guy composes. I'm not against violins etc being used, but I just love how Meguro blasts you with rock. It really gives a sense of epicness to the whole game.

I just love how this guy composes. I'm not against violins etc being used, but I just love how Meguro blasts you with rock. It really gives a sense of epicness to the whole game.

Hearing rock based music in games always makes the game that much more exciting for me and much more fun to play!

The quieter and more serene soundtracks in games are nice but they sort of put you to sleep sometimes lol, in a good way.

Obviously only certain types of games can carry that sort of soundtrack, but when I play them I don't ever find myself turning off the music because it gets too repetitive. XD I love it!

Thanks for sharing the videos!

great thread for a very under-appreciated composer. My personal favourite is Traumerei from Persona 4:

such a beautiful tune, and was so, as you said, epic in the game.

It really does, Kandy. Just gives this sense of epicness. Nothing wrong with violins or classical orchestra, but there's something fantastic about fighting an enemy to the electric guitar.

That's awesome, Ichiro. :ryan: I love how he can do the softer themes as well. When this played during Social Links, it fit so well.

Sorry to double-post, but I found this track earlier today and I just had to post it. Not his usual rock style, but it still doesn't fail to disappoint. It's really powerful, even more so when you discover that this is from a DS game.

Back