Square-Enix Twitter Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll start this off.

Tabata made a few Tweets about The 3rd Birthday, Agito XIII and even Versus XIII as Andriasang uncovered.

On 3rd Birthday
: There's a connection of some form between CTI and the first two Parasite Eve games. This is something that will be touched upon in The 3rd Birthday.

The trailer at TGS will be "dramatic" and "sharp", while internal staffers have commented having seen the trailer: "This game looks totally interesting".

On Agito
: "At present, midway through development, we've arrived at a point of astonishment on PSP." (Presumably the team is pusing for the impossible on the PSP)

"After 3rd is complete, we'll bring in the 3rd team and enter into a completion phase for Agito. In other words, we still need time. As Tetsuya (Nomura) said, there are unannounced titles coming before Agito. Wait just a bit more for information to be released."

On Versus: Tabata described the team as capable of bringing meaning to each scene, which is why he's worked with them for so long.

"Whenever I go to the VW studio floor, there's video and demos of such tremendous quality on the monitors that I'm full of tension and excitement and want to stay for a long time." (about the handling of CG sequences)

"On that note, Versus. That scene in the PV. I think it will make you shake." (reference to the TGS trailer perhaps)

I'm curious about this Versus scene that will "make you shake". I've heard that it's not going to be private and will be presented on some smaller monitors, which probably goes hand-in-hand with how Nomura (I think it's him) wants the clips to be released on the web too.

Can can we comment in this thread, I dunno D=

A scene in Versus to make us shake? Shake in fear? Shake in laughter just for the hell of it? I just hope it's not a crucial plot scene - that would be a helluva downer :ness:

Here's something I can't help but wonder now - will Agito be done before Versus? Versus is getting out decent info lately, but the PSP seems to be the shining star platform of S-E (which is fine by me since I love the PSP) but maybe just for once S-E is keeping hush-hush about a project until it's actually, you know, done? xD

I have a Twitter I use for SE's Merch Department, so if anybody has questions that need asking, I suppose I can follow these guys and bother them a bit. :wacky:

The 3rd Birthday will have a memory stick installation install option as revealed by further Tweets, and as uncovered by Andriasang.

"The PSP is a good piece of hardware, but its difficulty is the slow loading of the UMD. 3rd is compatible with install, so after buying I recommend you first run the media install. The loading becomes fast, and you can play much more smoothly."

Tabata also has hinted at the possibility of a download version of the game, as well as the Archive re-releases of the first two Parasite Eve games.

"The end is near," wrote Tabata. "From here, it's a real, severe fight within limited time. Right until the end, we'll be working bullishly on development, with no compromise."

(I'm just gonna assume it's okay to comment in this thread)

Data Install is to be expected. I think all my PSP games have the option in the first place, so not a surprise.

As for PE1 and PE2 coming to PSN and or other...C'mon, I think we all know it'll happen eventually. If it wasn't for there being this so-called unrelated 3rd game, then I would have doubts, but with 3rd Birthday in the future, I'd wager it's a sure thing.

And good thing to. I'm seeing PE1 going for friggin' 50 bucks at least >_>

(I'm just gonna assume it's okay to comment in this thread)
It is, I meant to reply the first time but I got sidetracked with other things :lew:

Install depends on the developer and the actual game really, if the game has nearly full capacity on the storage it's going to take longer to load, then again some developers manage to make loading times very quick compared to others.

As for PSN, it'll come, but Square-Enix will make a big fuss over it as per even though they managed to release Final Fantasy IX for Europe within a week of the Japanese release so it's not that difficult. :ffs:

Tactics Ogre PSP Has More Text than Final Fantasy XII

That's what Matsuno's Twitter looked like yesterday as he decided to write a full essay using the micro blogging format. He got around the whole 140 character limit thing by just continuing on to the next Tweet... over and over again.

At the end, he apologized about the length. But I don't think he's actually sorry, as he does this very often (just scroll down his Twitter and look for the "続" (continued) character starting off a Tweet).

In this latest rant, Matsuno discussed the amount of text in the PSP remake/rebuild of Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together. The original Super Famicom game had about 300,000 characters of text. The remake jumps to beyond 700,000. Believe it or not (and you better believe it because Matsuno would know!), this is more than even Final Fantasy XII, which had 600,000 characters.

Back at the time of the Super Famicom original 15 years back, Matsuno explained, he was able to create all the text and data pretty much on his own. For the PSP version, even for just the planning part of the game, they have a large number of staffers. This includes Kazuhiro Kataoka (Ogre 64, FFXII, Last Remnant), Yuichi Murasawa (Tactics Ogre Gaiden, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1&2, FFXII), Kyoko Kitahara (TO Gaiden, FFTA 1&2, and FFXII), Motoharu Tanaka (Parasite Eve, FFIX, FFXII, FFTA2), Tsuyoshi Tomooka (Last Remnant) and others.

As an example, while Matsuno himself is rewriting the existing scenarios, for the new character episodes and other such parts, he'll write the plot and leave the actual dialogue and structure to Kitahara. Some areas, like revisions and additions for the help text and the Warren Report text, are being left to other staffers. Matsuno oversees the whole effort and will also do some rewrites. He believes that the player will not be able to figure out who wrote what.

In other words, Matsuno isn't writing all the new Tactics Ogre text for himself. Although, based off the length of his Tweets, I bet he could!

Source: Andriasang

Not interested in a Tactics Ogre remake.
They should have just revitilized the franchise witha new game/sequel.
I have the old game and play it from time to time.
It was well made at that time and didn't/doesn't need a remake.

linking to the ENGLISH twitters is a lot more useful for members than just having their japanese variants

example: "Final Fantasy XIV Official Twitter: http://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en"

now you try

linking to the ENGLISH twitters is a lot more useful for members than just having their japanese variants

now you try

Thank you.
I just got a Twitter, this thread is awesome. :D

now you try
Bright idea, why didn't I think of that!? Oh wait...

They're going to have a whole host of English twitter accounts being Japanese an' that.

:ffs:

Nomura tweets about Final Fantasy Versus XIII and multiplatform development

“Multiplatform is when you start development on a game with the assumption of optimizing for multiple platforms,” Nomura wrote. “Porting is something that’s done after you’ve developed a game specifically for a particular platforms. The debate over porting is decided by the management based off the current market and the costs. All I can say right now as a developer is that Versus is being developed specifically for the PlayStation 3.”

Source: ScrawlFX

In other news...

Final Fantasy XIII, which was previously an PS3 exclusive in Japan, is coming to the country's Xbox 360 console. Square Enix boss Yoichi Wada has been catching all kinds of hell from Japanese gamers for the decision.

Some Japanese Twitter users have been expressing disbelief via messages sent to Wada's account, @yoichiw. Others have been far more vicious, calling him a liar, a money grubber and treacherous. While some said they would not buy the Xbox 360 version, others have been questioning how Square Enix runs its business.

:ohoho:

Tetsua Nomura got into one of those moods earlier today and made a few posts about Final Fantasy Versus XIII at The 3rd Birthday Twitter.

Wrote Nomura, "Yesterday, we had meetings about three sections -- maps, events and battles. For the map section, I checked the problem areas that had been fixed. The staff had gone beyond the requests and and filled them with playful elements. I put in orders for additional areas as well."

Nomura's got a bit specific about what he was checking on the maps:
The look of a forest that you can see once you've cleared a narrow mountain path.
Things that are required when leaving the city by moving on the roofs of buildings.
The positioning of the bookshelves in shops
How flags are standing
How the sea is handled on the world map
The roads you can see from the air ship
The length of bridges

Regarding events, Nomura said he can't say too much without providing spoilers. He's checking such things as:
The look on a character during a short cut in a scene where he or she is leaving.
Explanation of a fathers feelings during a conversation scene.
The areas that they want to have connected seamlessly, and the areas that they want to connect via cuts.
Explanations about the heroines movements.
For both of these areas, Nomura was attempting to convey that the check work goes down to detailed levels.

Regarding battles, Nomura checked up on menu areas yesterday. "We're doing lots of trial and error on this. When you say Final Fantasy, you think of enemy damage figures flying out and showing player HP. What will we do with these in the action-heavy Versus?"

Outside of the direct Versus XIII bits, Nomura provided an update about future Twitter activity. Dissidia won't be getting its own Twitter, he said. They're currently looking at the possibility of opening up Twitter feeds for FF Agito XIII and Versus XIII, although he noted that if these existed they would probably be closer to the Kingdom Hearts Twitter where, unlike The 3rd Birthday Twitter, there wouldn't be as many comments from the development staff.

Source: Andriasang

So there is a daddy figure in Versus? I wonder if it's that "chairman" dude :hmmm:

Oh well, sounds interesting. All those little details about scenery probably won't mean much once the game comes out though, unfortunately :wacky:

Quite a few Japanese Tweets from various members of SE that might be of interest. I'll translate them as well as I can.

From Tabata:

From an interview on 3rd Birthday with the foreign media at E3:

"SE making a shooting game!? Can you even design the levels!?"
to which SE replied
"Shut up and just play 3rd Birthday"

It sounded like I represented the thoughts of SE there... I'll try my best anyway

There are currently no plans for a downloadable demo of 3rd at the current moment, but we'll try and announce more insight whenever we can

From Nobuo Uematsu:

Carrying on the spirits of The Black Mages, the even more twisted Earthbound Papas will perform in Shibuya at DUO on 30th October. We're planning to play tunes from various video games.
For those who aren't aware, TBM have split up... But fortunately Nobuo has formed his new band who are now rehearsing.
You can hear Earthbound Papas' version of Dancing Mad here.

And finally from SE music:

'Chrismas collections; music from SQUARE ENIX' will be released on 24th November. 'NieR/15 Nightmares and Arrange Tracks' will be released on 8th December.

Yep, a SE Christmas album.
It will include new versions of music from, among others, Final Fantasy, Saga Frontier 2 and Legend of Mana.

Last edited:
Well, courtesy of Andriasang at least we can now be sure that Nomura is definitely considering having the previous Parasite Eve games out on PSN, which isn't the most surprising thing ever as we were certain that it would happen.

Tetsuya Nomura confirmed today via The 3rd Birthday Twitter that Square Enix will be giving a PSN release to previous entries in the Parasite Eve series. The Tweet was brief, only saying that a release has been set. Details and an official announcement will follow.

Nomura did not specifically say if both Parasite Eve 1 and 2 will be released, or if the news just concerns one of the games. However, in past Tweets, he said that both were under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back