Who to make white / black mage?

PipeDream92

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
So, after losing my savedata with 30 some hours of (logged) gameplay to some filthy corruption, I decided not to let it discourage me and try and beat it again anyways. Now, originally I just had maria as a red mage, with Firion and Guy doing melee (each of them had only say Cure, Life, essential stuff like that)
What I'm wondering now though is which would be best for each of the things in this list:
1)
Firion - Fighter/White Mage
Maria - Black Mage (and should she use bow, staff, or staff w/ shield?)
Guy - Fighter w/ Cure and Life
So, if you believe this one would be better then the following one, please tell me what you think Maria should equip.
2)
Firion - Fighter w/ Cure and Life
Maria - White Mage (same question as before, bow, staff, staff w/ shield?)
Guy - Fighter / Black Mage

I read somewhere that the second is the way to go if you want a kick ass class, yet for some reason the first just seems right, i started off with number two for now though, but can always retrain if it turns out 1 is best.

Thanks for any help! :)

i never bothered with more than one spell caster. This game is easily won with 2 or 3 purely fighter types with 1 mage (I picked maria). I'd also go with a bow for her. Only so she's also a fighter type. plus its way easier to level up your physical strength stats than your magic abilities.

Back