Rasputin

are we not men
Veteran
Gil
this looks like it's going to be a really sexy game

bioshock-3-20100812095350195_640w.jpg

bioshock-3-20100812095355445_640w.jpg

discuss

As much as this franchise doesn’t actually *need* a sequel, Ken Levine’s involvement is at least encouraging.

Levine was talking to the press earlier, and made some comments where he basically blasted the second game (and rightly so) for being the utterly needless sequel it was.

The purpose of Bioshock 2’s creation was so blatant - to blindly cash in on the success of the first game - and in the process it failed to understand anything about what made the original title so refreshing and special in the first place.

As the dire sales of the second game proved, they should have given the fans a little more credit and respect than they did what that utterly dire sequel.

The trailer paints an interesting and unique artistic image that manages to adhere to the style and identity of the first without being utterly derivative and uninspired like the second one was.

If I’m likely to consider any game a true sequel to Bioshock, its this one.

wow, this game looks damn sexy, i should get Bioshock 2 to see how that one plays out before i can play infinite though, damn my fossil like Game collection, damn it to heck.

well it would seem that they have moved rapture from underwater to a floating metropolis, unless it is a different city, either way it looks like a cool game, the guy in the trailer is kinda screwed though.

The purpose of Bioshock 2’s creation was so blatant - to blindly cash in on the success of the first game - and in the process it failed to understand anything about what made the original title so refreshing and special in the first place.
I've yet to play Bioshock 2 and you're banned for being an idiot so you won't reply but I disagree, there were a lot of things that went unanswered in Bioshock that warranted a sequel set in the same environment. The whole "cash in" thing is a crap statement, every company does it for every series. The whole point of making games is to "cash in".

If I’m likely to consider any game a true sequel to Bioshock, its this one
The jump from Bioshock to Bioshock: Infinite (if it were some sort of sequel) would be too big without answering other questions first.

if they just called it Bioshock 3 it would probably garner a lot less criticism

obviously something is amiss if they are reduced to using a silly subtitle like this

BioShock Infinite video shows Motorized Patriot gameplay

Fresh from its unveil this morning, 2K’s shown off the first of BioShock Infinite’s heavy hitting enemies, the Motorized Patriot, in video form. Ken Levine, as well as art director Nate Wells and lead artist Shawn Robertson, talk about the George Washington inspiration behind the foe and more. Get it below the break.

The Irrational shooter launches on October 16 in the US and October 19 for Europe for PS3, 360 and PC.

Thu, Mar 08, 2012 | 22:56 GMT

BioShock: Infinite’s story affected by player choices

Although he’s quick to deny comparisons to other choice-driven games, BioShock: Infinite lead Ken Levine says players’ choices will affect the story.

20120309bioshockinfinite.jpg

“I don’t wanna present it as sort of a BioWare level, radical reimagining of the universe that you can do by making story choices, but there are gonna be some changes [to the story, triggered by player actions],” he told Kotaku.
Levine refused to give an example, saying he’d rather players see it in action rather than spoil the story ahead of time, but we do know that protagonist Booker DeWiit and his interactions with Elizabeth serve as a catalyst for the political fury which grips the city of Columbia.
“Here, [the player is] really coming in and they’re the ones really getting the party started this time whether they intend to or not,” Levine said.
“The world really erupts based upon them being there, not through anything they wanted to do, but as the nature of the situation. You get this feeling that you’re sort of on this inevitable path to things just getting worse and worse and you’re just trying to do the right thing.
“Not necessarily the heroic thing – you’re just trying to get out of this city, protect your own skin. Everything you do has deadly consequences.”
BioShock Infinite is due on HD formats in October.

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/bioshock-infinites-story-affected-by-player-choices/#more-241067

BioShock Infinite heavy hitters video shows Handyman

2K’s released a second heavy hitters video for BioShock Infinite, this time showcasing the Handyman. The Irrational team detail how he was made and how there’s a “certain sadness” to them that gamers need to find out in the game. Get the video below.

Infinite’s out on October 16 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Third BioShock Infinite video introduces the Boys of Silence

2K’s released the third and penultimate video for BioShock Infinite’s heavy hitters series, this time taking on the Boys of Silence. There’s not a great shown compared to past videos, but the enemy is detailed in it. It’s also very creepy from the outset. Sold.

The Irrational shooter’s out on October 19 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Final BioShock Infinite heavy hitter introduced as Siren

2K’s gone live with the final video in its heavy hitters series for BioShock Infinite. The Siren has been introduced as the fourth and final member of that group. It can bring back foes you’ve faced before from the dead before taking you on again. As Ken Levine says in the video, the problem will be choosing between the enemies brought back by the Siren or the Siren itself. Get the video below.

The Irrational shooter launches on October 16 in the US and October 19 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Wed, May 09, 2012 |
16:02 BST

BioShock Infinite delayed to February 26, 2013

2K has announced that BioShock Infinite will miss its October resale date and instead launch worldwide on February 26, 2013.

Irrational’s Ken Levine has this to say regarding the delay: “When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, we’ve come to realize that some specific tweaks and improvements will make Infinite into something even more extraordinary.

“Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need, we’ve decided to move the game’s release to February 26, 2013. We wanted to let our loyal (and very patient!) fans know this as soon as possible. “I won’t kid you: BioShock Infinite is a very big game, and we’re doing things that no one has ever done in a first-person shooter. We had a similar experience with the original BioShock, which was delayed several months [from] our original ship date drew near. Why? Because the Big Daddies weren’t the Big Daddies you’ve since come to know and love. Because Andrew Ryan’s golf club didn’t have exactly the right swing. Because Rapture needed one more coat of grimy Art Deco. “The same principle now applies to BioShock Infinite. “What does this mean for you? It means a bit more waiting, but more importantly, it means an even better BioShock Infinite.

The great can be made greater, and we owe it to both ourselves and to you, our fans, to take this opportunity. Irrational Games is one of those rare developers lucky enough to ask the people who sign the checks: ‘Hey, can we have a few more of those checks?’ “We are also going to hold off on showing BioShock Infinite at the big events of the summer, like E3 and Gamescom. That way, the next time you see our game, it will be essentially the product we intend to put in the box.

Preparing for these events takes time away from development, time we’re going to use instead to get the best version of Infinite into your hands in February.” News of the delay caused shares in Take-Two to tumble 6% to $12.62. Shares in the firm on NASDAQ closed Tuesday, May 8 at $13.41. Infinite was originally slated for release on October 16 in the US and October 19 in the UK for PC, Ps3, and Xbox 360.

[h=2]BioShock Infinite delayed to February 26, 2013[/h] 2K has announced that BioShock Infinite will miss its October resale date and instead launch worldwide on February 26, 2013.
More »

38 Posted in: 2K, Development, PC, PS3, Shooter, Xbox 360
Tags: bioshock: infinite, irrational games, ken levine

pasted from my mobile. We will have to wait till next year pff... Its like 4 month delay...

Last edited:
Well I am glad they are delaying it because they want to make it as good as possible, still it is annoying that it wont be out till next year. Hopefully we will get more videos similar to the heavy hitters ones

My first impression of the game has seriously impressed me. I knew that entering Columbia would be a marvel to behold, considering the praise people gave to it, but I never expected it to be so stunningly beautiful, even on the console. Everything from the visuals, setting, and the people had me in awe. The level of emotions I felt when I walked through the church in the very beginning of the game is indescribable.

I'm also impressed how very much alive Columbia feels. While it's true that the NPCs doesn't necessarily walk around that much--other than a selected few scripted ones--thanks to its many subtle scenes (music, interactions, events, etc) helps a lot in making the city look believable. And the visuals sure helps as well.

I always expected the gameplay to work smoothly and most of all be entertaining, though it still managed to be a lot more fun than I thought it out to be. But I think that goes a large part to the hitting and execution mechanic (boy it sure won't get old anytime soon). I'm also impressed by the amount of interaction the enemy AI has. I was amazed by how I was stuck on a rooftop with enemy AIs and was getting overwhelmed and then I shoot the roof window to escape and one of them shouted "He jumped inside the building" and tried to brake the door inside to get to me.That whole scene had me squeeing with glee! Though them often choosing to charge against me even with weapons is a bit dull, but at least it keeps the combat action packed.

Haven't met Elizabeth yet, but I'm seriously looking forward to the meeting. I bet I will have a hard time putting the game down when she is finally in my party.

okay, to anyone else playing this game: I'm having a bit of trouble with the handymen. like, they move waaaay too fast for me to get them without dying multiple times. anyone have any tips?

okay, to anyone else playing this game: I'm having a bit of trouble with the handymen. like, they move waaaay too fast for me to get them without dying multiple times. anyone have any tips?

I usually just blast em constantly until they die. They take a lot of hits but usually continuous shotgun fire, or that heavy crank gun that shoots explosives usually does the trick. You kind of have to run and shoot and run and shoot to take down those bad boys :lew:

and I use a carbine most of the time. :wacky: but yeah, seems to be about the onlu way to go with those. have you seen the Lincoln patriots? God, they're the creepiest ones. :lew:

Ahah yea handymen are pretty tough. I thought I was the only one who thought those patriots were creepy. Definitely the most disturbing enemy in the game for me. xD I try to get rid of those asap. :8F:

Back