Multiple Platforms Bioshock: Infinite

The game tells you that you do more damage to Handymen when you shoot them in the heart, there's even a trophy for killing a Handyman by only shooting him in the heart.

Completed the game, thought it was fantastic although I'm confused by some parts of the ending. Potentially another thread for that? Just so there isn't a need for that spoiler tag pish.

I'm getting this game today. I'm looking forward to playing for the story and the characters, I'm worried though that its going to be a bit too scary for me and I'm going to be unable to play it right through to the end :(

Elizabeth and Booker seem like they have so much Chemistry, I love a game with great characters and they've really drawn me into wanting to play.

You don't have to worry about it being too scary. There are a lot of parallels to Bioshock but it is definitely different to Bioshock and doesn't have the same scary elements that Bioshock had.

I think the only things I'm worried about scaring me are the Patriots and also the Songbird. Those things sound creepy! The rest sounds like something i could handle!

the songbird isn't an enemy ever so you're fine. I finished the game yesterday. It was great :grin: The Sky-lines were a lot of fun and the locations were all great and the graphics were good and pretty on my PC. I was annoyed that you couldn't save wherever unless on 1999 Mode, though. And you were limited to only 2 guns instead of having all of them but oh well. It was a lot of fun.

i finally started this game on Saturday. I'm not very far in but currently I am enjoying it a lot, it has a lot of atmosphere and I love Booker a lot. He's sexy :britt:
I haven't met Elizabeth yet but I think I am pretty much on my way there to get her now. It's not scared me as much as i thought so far but obviously I am still at the start and it will probably get worse later on. I truly am a bit worried about the patriots :(

The patriots move faster than you think. :hmmm: I thought I could play hide and seek (and kill) around a pillar with one, and.... well, no. No I couldn't.

I'm enjoying the game thus far, Shooter. For those of you who are Bioshock vets, should I buy the first two Bioshock games for gits and shiggles?

Definitely play Bioshock 1 if you haven't already. It's pretty great in terms of setting, story, and atmosphere. Bioshock 2 had some improvements but it was more of the same and really not worth playing.

Unless you're playing on 1999 Mode you have to wait for checkpoints :\ It kind of sucks and is one of my main complaints about the game. But I ended up finishing it in about 3 or 4 sittings so it wasn't too bad. I just wish you could make it save when you exit the game so you don't have to keep going until it saves.

yeah I don't have many complaints about this game at all so far but the save thing is pretty irritating. Luckily it seems to autosave often and also I do not like how tiny the subtitles are :(

I am in monument island atm, hopefully I see Elizabeth soon :D

This is a pretty great explanation (with funny pictures) of the storyline I think, though parts of it are only conjecture. SPOILERS obviously.
moogling Squid

ibuCqEIJ1wnHe6.png

i5BLK6EKs1wYz.png

imJUs5Ct5fRTg.png

Last edited:
moogling Dr. King Schultz

DLC Announced finally! First one is made up of two separate episodes set in Rapture the night before it all went to heck, you play as Booker in the first and apparently as Elizabeth in the second.

I might get the arena thingy sometime... but I am most interested in the story dlc. I do agree that the dlc looks amazing. There was speculation that there would be a new ai partner and not Elizabeth.

It does not look that way at the moment. Playing as Elizabeth is going to be really cool stuff. I personally cannot wait to see what she can do in terms of combat. Maybe support Booker by opening tears?

This version of Elizabeth looks a bit more "wicked" as opposed to beautiful and calm. I never played the 1st game... so this stuff might be hard to understand for me at first.

I guess it is pretty much confirmed Infinite is the origin story?

1375190839000-Rapture-Online-1307300928_4_3.jpg

I'm not sure if we are to take Infinite as the origin story as such, though I guess they have made allowances for anything they do in the future.

I think that
what Infinite pretty much did is expand the Bioshock universe infinitely.

Since there are different dimensions where different things have occurred in slightly different ways, there are endless possibilities now.
Rapture as seen in Bioshock may still be seen as its own thing, and the reasons for its founding and eventually things going bad will remain the same unless this is a slightly different universe.

But in the universe of this DLC, either if it is the exact same universe as that Rapture we know or not, Elizabeth and Booker exist slightly later in time, and I really am interested by how their personalities may turn out.

I wonder where they'll go with it. I'm genuinely looking forward to this

Yeah well like I said... I never played the first game. It might be confusing for me.... but I think that Rapture should be the same like in the first game. I really need to play the 1st game sometime!

Oh and I agree with you, Dan. I am very much looking forward to these two story dlcs. Infinite was my very first Bioshock game and it was just amazing. I really regret not playing the 1st or even 2nd.

My decision to get Infinite was based wholly on the inspiration they put in the game. I also read that Elizabeth was never even supposed to be in the game. I am glad she was.

My question: Where does this dlc really take place?

You do see rapture at the end of Infinite for a few seconds.

Infinite is not the origin, that is the wrong way to see things. They are all simultaneous universes the main difference is that Infinite's contains someone who can traverse the dimensions. The setting of the DLC is a version of Rapture but not the Rapture from the first game I would imagine. It is set the night before the civil war which destroyed Rapture began. Booker and Elizabeth are not together for the DLC I don't think as the one from Elizabeth's view is supposed to be survival horror, so it's unlikely she will have a partner.

The most interesting things are that Elizabeth still has her thimble on her pinky, and Booker still has the Brand. One possibility is that Booker gave up his daughter in this universe to become a Little Sister.

While i did really enjoy this game i think the buzz and reception is a little too much. Its a really good game but i didnt think it was a GREAT game. The characters were the games strongest point. Elizabeth in particular. Honestly i felt confused quite often with the story. Sometimes i wasnt totally sure what was going on. The twist at the end was brilliant though i admit with no shame that i had to go read the wiki to clear up parts i wasnt sure about. Visually its very impressive. The detail in the city of columbia was fantastic. One little thing which i liked was that Elizabeth's face expression changed all the time depending on whether she was angry or pleased with you. And im not just talking about cut scenes but just when your wondering about. When you go look at her sometimes shel frown and turn away if the player just had a tiff with her in a cutscene. Little things like that in a game let you know that the developers put in the hard work.
I cant really say theres any big flaws to it. Just things that could have been better. I think they could have improved on the combat quite a bit and maybe added some more Vigors aswell. A level up system where you can pick special abilities would have been cool aswell. Oppose to gear having different effects.
Definitely better than bioshock 2 but its not as good as the original. Thats a classic. Beating up freaky guys with a stilson. Whats not to love?

I got this game for free through psn+ and I still think the bioshock series suck ass. It is really not my thing. It felt meh to me.
Metro: Last Light which I also got for free,now that is a serious bloody awesome game in almost every aspect. The atmosphere did it for me.

Back