FFVII: AC Review

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Mark: 9.5/10
Review:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Mark: 9.5/10
Review: A well made movie thats fast upbeat and very attarctive to people who have played the game and those who haven't. The fight scenes are simply amazing but there are some parts which you can see need some more work such as the motorcycle fight. The best fight scene would have to be the Bahamut SIN battle where all the characters help each pther beat him followed close by Cloud vs Sephiroth then Tifa vs Loz

p.s can anyone tell me what those monsters were in the first motorcycle fight and in the beginning of the Edge battle

Last edited:
my guess is those monsters were the midgar wolwes, as they were in midgar, however, the fact that the emo 3 could summon them and dismiss them could mean that those monsters are something we have not seen in the game, but simply some monsters under the control of the emo 3

I'd give it about a 6/10, and the only reason I give it that high of a score is cause of the music, and seeing my favorite characters in pretty cg like that.

I was pretty pissed off the entire time I was watching it. I'm sorry, but the SHM were almost pointless, I understand what they were, that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying they just seemed like something a 14 year old fangirl fanfiction writer would come up with. The only one that seemed to have a little substance was Kadaj, cause he's really the only one plot wise that made any sense. The other two were solely there to do pointless fight scenes.

Reno & Rude? Eh.....they weren't horribly done, especially Rude, but Reno? Come on. How many people have said this already? Reno was funny in VII but not spastic 'oh my god look i whacked Rude in the head! HAHAHAHAHAHA!' funny. They turned them both into bumbling stooges.

Tseng surviving I can understand cause A.) Misunderstandings of what happened at the Temple of the Ancients I guess, and B.) I never thought he was dead xD

Now, Rufus is a whole 'nother matter. We didn't actually see him die, true, but....come on.

But what I can't stand is the over-glorification of Cloud. Cloud didn't defeat anyone on his own, unless you count the Cloud/Seph battle at the very end of the game but......I don't know. Can you count a battle that you have no way of losing? Yet, the other characters come in and DO NOTHING. They somehow aren't even strong enough to make a scratch on Bahamut (which I find ridiculous, there were monsters and other baddies in the game that were just as powerful that they seemed to have no problem taking care of).

The jumping....I was informed of what it was but I still don't like the way it looks at all. It reminded me of some of those scenes in Spider Man, where it was obviously purely computer generated, and he looked like he was made of rubber and went bouncing all over the place.

Last edited:
i have only watched in japenese with english subs dus any1 av a link to an english 1!

Well i just finished watching this movie and i will have to give it a 9/10 it was a real great movie.I never played FF XII but i would have to say the movie is easier to watch than to actually play FF XII.

Well i just finished watching this movie and i will have to give it a 9/10 it was a real great movie.I never played FF XII but i would have to say the movie is easier to watch than to actually play FF XII.

Do you mean FFVII? otherwise your just comapring two completly unrelated things XD

I'll give the film 9/10

PROS

Pretty CG Graphics ^_^

Aeris!!!! XD that just makes me happy - shes perfect in the movie <3

The Tifa fight scene - the flower bit was just too awesome

The Cloud VS Sephiroth fight - finally we get to see sephiroth in all his glory

All the members of Avalanche fighting together

Made sure the LTDs are still equal - same amount of evidence for Cleris and Cloti

Cleris Scenes <3

Storyline

Cons

the SHM did Seem a BIT random - because you have to do your research to really understand them

As much as i hate to say this - Aeris was WAY overused - and the fact that she Had more lines Than barret and yuffie combined when shes dead is unacceptable....speaking of barret and Yuffie this leads me to my next point -

Underuse of Everyone except Cloud Tifa Aeris and the SHM - WHY couldnt they have used avalanche before Bahamut.

revived the whole LTDs all over again - with fresh ammo,

Has spawned a new army of evil - silly fan girls/boys whos only knowledge of the FF7 world is the movie and go around saying things like this :
"LYKZOMGCLOUDIZSOOOOWIKIDLYAWSOMEANDSTRONGANDHECANLYKFLII!!!"

sadly i havent seen it yet..:huh: is there anywhere online that i can see it like youtube or something, or do i have to buy it??

I've seen that movie many many many times(my kids love it).
Well first i believe there should be a small movie,what happend bevor,yes i know at the beginning they shortly telling but its not enought.My kids often ask me Mum what was Cloud doing bevor(they are not old enought for playing the Game and to understand 7Years and 3 ahalf years).I let see them the mowie because i think there are many messeges given in it,and they know them.
As for the other calling Cloud emo are wrong, why i'll tell you:
If in the future you will lose someone you loved you'll see that somehow you're losing your self for a while.To understand what he was going on in him,you must try putting your self in his position.I think then you'll understand a bit better.
I like that movie and i like watching the movie with my kids,and as my kids hopes that there will be a nother movie so do i.

It is great if you are a fan of FF. If not then it's just gunna be confusing and not fun to watch at all. I'm a huge fan so I looooved it. But Aeris Gainsborough, some characters were so underused! Red XIII only had one damn line! He was one of my main characters when I played FFVII and I really wanted to hear him speak and know what he was like... dissapointed... but yeah otherwise it was great.

Final Fantasy AC is probably the best film based on a videogame I had ever seen. The graphics are amazing and it makes you think your actually there. I also like how they did the characters limit breaks (especially Cloud's Omnislash against Sephiroth). The camera angles are so fluid, even though some of the places where they shot the movie couldn't have been shot from in real life.
Overall I'd give the movie a rating of 10/10.
It's the best movie I've seen.

It is great if you are a fan of FF. If not then it's just gunna be confusing and not fun to watch at all. I'm a huge fan so I looooved it. But Aeris Gainsborough, some characters were so underused! Red XIII only had one damn line! He was one of my main characters when I played FFVII and I really wanted to hear him speak and know what he was like... dissapointed... but yeah otherwise it was great.

Yeah I wished Red XIII should've had more lines, but the movie was still great.

Last edited:
I've seen that movie many many many times(my kids love it).
Well first i believe there should be a small movie,what happend bevor,yes i know at the beginning they shortly telling but its not enought.My kids often ask me Mum what was Cloud doing bevor(they are not old enought for playing the Game and to understand 7Years and 3 ahalf years).I let see them the mowie because i think there are many messeges given in it,and they know them.
As for the other calling Cloud emo are wrong, why i'll tell you:
If in the future you will lose someone you loved you'll see that somehow you're losing your self for a while.To understand what he was going on in him,you must try putting your self in his position.I think then you'll understand a bit better.
I like that movie and i like watching the movie with my kids,and as my kids hopes that there will be a nother movie so do i.

Jesus christ.

Well anyways, I really immensely enjoyed the movie the first time I watched it. I was in a state of pure euphoria. It took me 10 hours to DL, but I stayed up all night just to wait for it to DL. That was before the movie even came out in Japan. <3

The movie may seem a little confusing to those that haven't played FFVII, but then again, that's not the target audience that they were aiming for. I really liked how they went about it... and c'mon, if Cloud didn't have Geostigma or didn't feel worthless, there would have been no interesting plot. He was cheerful and upbeat at the end of FFVII and the start of Case of Tifa, but he slowly fell into depression because of contracting a terminal illness and because of that he felt worthless, that he couldn't protect his loved ones. Adding to that, getting reminded of his past failures didn't really help the situation. Hence, the plot of AC was conceived!

The characterizations of the characters were exactly how I imagined them from the game, and really, they couldn't have been more spot-on. The voice acting was also superb; which is to be expected since Nomura supervised them himself. Everyone's performance was great, especially Ayumi Itou (Tifa) Shoutaro Morikubo (Kadaj) and Sakurai Takahiro (Kuraudo... otherwise known as Cloud Strife, but Kuraudo's funner to say). I love how Nomura went all-out with the directing. Lots of the shots and angles wouldn't be possible to do in real life, but they were done anyway, because they didn't want to restrict themselves to what was "realistic".

It ruled.

I agree with Dark Fenrir. :cool:
The best movie ever made out of a video game ever.
I just thought that the plot was so-so, my only complaint about the movie.
It was utter eye candy, good eye candy, but only if they put in a better plot with a bit of twists and everything, and not all music and action, it would have been much better.

Otherwise I loved the movie. :monster:

Tifa and Vincent's makeovers looked astounding. The whole Cloud v. Sephiroth thing was awesome, the whole fight was just...spectacular, in my opinion. And I finally got a glimpse of what Aerith/Aeris looked like in the end. :P

I give it an 8/10.

When I first heard about this movie, I decised I wasn't going to watch it. I thought it would spoil the game for me and there was just no point. After heavy persuasion form my friend, I decided to watch it. I have to say, now it's my favourite film ever. It definately adds to the story, the voice acting's good(although I wanted Red XIII to say more but oh well) and the CGI was amazing. It was a bit weird to see Rufus again because I think he had a good death scene in the game. Overall, this film brought back all the memories of playing the game and bringing back the old music was good too. I'm currently playing DOC which is weird but awesome in my opinion.

It was an awesome movie! I never get tired of watching it. I just wished there was more interaction between the AVALANCHE members and the Turks (especially this one). At first, I can't believe that Elena was so childish in the game, but in the movie, it wasn't completely shown. It was sad that RedXIII only had one line, I thought he was one of those who'll really talk because I see him as a knowledgeable person.. err, animal.XD
More Clerith moments (^_^) and Zack too. Having Sephiroth back was a brilliant idea!

If you ask me i liked the movie But Cloud and Tifa were shown most i'd like to see more of my favorite character Vincent

I like the movie a lot but i want to see more of my favorite character Vincent

Last edited:
I liked the movie especially the bike fights( the best bike fights ever). The graphics were amazing and so was the voice acting(loved Yuffie's childish voice). But it had some bad parts too: that scene where the whole group throws Cloud up in the sky to kill Bahamut...that's impossible even for a fanatasy movie IMO :blink:. And I wanted to see more of the two turks... and see them winning a fight not get their asses kicked. And Barret was useless... he kept shooting Bahamut with his minigun arm eventhough he saw it didn't even scratch the beast.

I really hate this film, its just a cheap excuse to show off FF7 characters in amazing graphics to cash in on the hordes of fans...Geez, i wish they would stop coming up with all this remake crap for FF7, theres been too much already!

Oh and the film itself is actually quite weak IMO, the plot for starters, its flat, you get these 3 gimps that look a bit like Sephiroth, the confused story is about some disease that Jenova had spread onto everyone.....

Oh and the fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth, where did that come from?, perhaps the whole film was just a crappy filler, just so the creators had an excuse to put that scene in...they even managed to shove Aeris in there somewhere.

The only thing that i actually liked about it, is the fact that you get to see all the FF7 characters in action, which is cool.

Suggestions? stop making all these terrible remakes and spinoffS from FF7, maybe they should just have made a fiLm based on the storyline of the game, that would be much better IMO.

Oppionen

Well I like the movie a lot (its the only one I have seen but I still love it). but there is something that I don't understand, when Kadaj walks downin the water in the forest in front of the kids, the water turns black, why is that? besides of that, the movie was good, one of my fav scenes was when they drived on the bikes through the tunnel and made all the stunts.

Back