Personality traits of your parents

Hmm...

I got my Mom's anger. Most times I like to think that I'm chill, but when I get angry, the whole world will feel my wrath. I seriously get pissed off. Just like my Mom

I got my Dad's ability to stay calm in any situation. Unless I'm angry. If I'm not angry, I'll be the one to lead you to safety during a storm or something like that. I have the ability to stay cool and think plans out in these types of situations.

I got my Dad's ability to be a complete idiot. Sorry Dad, but you're an idiot on many different levels. Sometimes words just fail me. That's how dumb you are sometimes. While I'm not as bad as him, I do have my moments where everything that is said just goes over my head.

I got my Mom's ability to forgive and forget. I hate this one. I want to hate somebody so bad, but I just can't find it in my heart to be mean to anybody for too long. Even if they were mean to me before, eventually, I'll just forgive them and forget about it, and then we move on. I want to be mean.... But I just can't be.

Last edited:
i got my mum's big tits and my dad's receding hairline.

fuck knows where i got my massive cock from.

these are actually personality traits despite what some liberal atheist might tell you.

Of course there's good things that I have from both of my parents and not-so good things that I get from my parents. I'll list the major things I can think of at the top of my head.

Mom:
-Loud Mouth:I am loud, sometimes I can be really obnoxious. I say "loud mouth" because my mom has never been afraid to say what she wants. She doesn't care if it may offend someone, she will say how she feels, no matter what. I'm not as bad as her, but i can be a loud mouth.
-Stubborn: My mom will never back down whether its an argument or not. She's the most stubborn, hard-headed woman/person I have ever met in my life. I'd say both my parents are stubborn, but she takes the fuckin' cake.
-Good: My mom has always put us before her, like any good mother, but she will go out of her way to make sure that we were okay. She would always attend to us, since my dad never did.

Dad:
-Greedy: My dad doesn't share, and he will always keep his money with him. I could ask for a soda, and he'll tell me he has no money to spare.
- Hot-headed: My dad has a really bad temper. I'm the exact same way. I'm easily irritated too.
-Manipulator: My dad is a very smart man. He will know exactly what to say, and do to get what he wants.
-Selfish: It ties in with the manipulating, but my dad really, seems to only care about himself.

I don't even know where to begin, for the longest time i thought i was nothing like either of my parents but as time passed on i realized i was dead wrong.

Mother:
Gossip: I noticed that ever since i burst out of my shy bubble, i began to do this and i didn't see anything wrong with it. Thankfully i don't do it anymore. Gossiping is never a good thing.

Lies: I did this quite a bit, more than i liked which was never. I always thought a few lies here and there would be good and no one would get hurt from it, why I thought that i don't know. It ended up doing more harm than good and i just try to be honest about everything since then.

Heavily emotional/sensitive: This is the one trait i wish i never had, i was really bad with it in the past and i was over dramatic with it. I can't help but cringe anytime anything reminds me from that time. Though I can't but feel as time passes on i'm losing what little ability i have left to feel overall and that scares me the most.

Good(although depending on who you ask it might not be): I think more about others than i do myself, i'd go out of my way to help however i can to anyone that needs it. I guess this is what keeps me from becoming emotionally numb.

Father:
Anger: I was really bad with this too and it didn't take much to set me off, i did more yelling than anything and i'm pretty sure my vocal cords are somewhat fucked up because of it. I never got physical with anyone (well up until a few months ago) but at that moment i was pushed to the brink and that rarely ever happens. I have a good control over it now though, i don't really get angry as much as before and i'm proud of that.

Good: Pretty much the same as my mother, nothing much else to say there.

Last edited:
Mother (i.e. my German side)

- Frugality; mother is notoriously tight with money, and I'm not too dissimilar. While I may have had a few more isolated instances of impulsive spending than she ever had in my entire lifetime, we're usually both as protective of our purses as Gollum is to the One Ring. I am known to carefully budget like my mother, and we both throw hissy-fits at any egregious example of unnecessary spending. Impulsive spenders who chuck their money away at the first opportunity? You're alien to both of us.
- Irritable; it doesn't take much to rile that woman! I'd like to think I'm not as extreme as she can be, but I will happily admit that I am not the most patient person there is. There is a good probability that I will just abandon pretenses of civility and just start whinging and cursing at the slightest hint of a frustrating issue. The funny thing is, I didn't use to be like this. My threshold for pain was conspicuously higher when I was a teenager (hilariously enough), so it's the moment when I cross over into adulthood that I start to fly off the handle sometimes xD
- Restlessness; There's always something, something, ANYTHING, that I am forgetting! Have I done this right? Or have I screwed this up? Ack! I absolutely do not want to miss out on something critical and regret it later! Did I leave something on? Is my purse still here? I haven't lost it, have I? Do I have the keys? Is the car parked correctly? Oh God, I'm going to have to park it again.
- Work ethic; Mother said to me: "if you want things, you should try and get your own money". I followed that advice since. I have never asked for money from her (aside from a couple of critically important things that for whatever reason I could not personally purchase) since I was 15-years old. I just hope the tint of laziness inherited from dad does not undo this.
- Coffee-holic; Maybe this is a contributory reason for our restlessness.

Father (British side)

- Indecisiveness; Dad can be frustratingly indecisive. Sometimes it does not take much to sway him when it seems apparent only a minute earlier that he has determinedly fixed on a decision. This is a trait that I also share. I have what I like to call selective stubbornness and it can happen without discernible rhyme or reason. On some occasions, I absolutely stick to my guns, only to flop about and be awkwardly fickle the next. The tendency to hesitate is probably also from Dad.
- Laziness; oh yes, thanks dad. I've inherited a piece of this from you. Like irritability, this one is worryingly a recent observation. Being motivated is sometimes a challenge for me, and it hearkens back to Dad and his tendency to procrastinate.
- Sarcasm; Ah, my trademark sarcasm! I've him to thank for this one as well, except he has mastered the art of being deadpan when he does it. When I project sarcasm, I put in all manners of exaggerated tonal emphases and facial expressions to make it hyper-obvious that I am being sarcastic.
- Tea drinking; the ancient British art of drinking tea. Just before Dad developed a sudden stomach allergy to ordinary tea (but other types of tea have no effect on him, strangely enough), he asked that I would take on his legacy of the Tea-Drinker. I have duly accepted and I am now single-handedly giving Twinings insane annual profit margins.

Back