What Genre of Music Do You Like?

I like all the genres normally, except for Country. Beautiful lyrics, but beat and tune wise, nope.avi.
But I'd honestly say that the genres I like to listen to the most usually fall under the dubstep or death metal category. Both genres kind of give me a rush as I'm listening to whatever song, whether if it makes me want to dance or reflect on things people normally wouldn't think about. But yeah, those two are my main favorites. :ryan:

Electro Pop meets Southern Hip-Hop, it's a really obscure sound so most of you people probably haven't heard of it. It's kind of a vintage sound with a new age feel, and they play it a lot at underground raves that you aren't invited to. It features a lot of religious imagery, with a kind of 'Saved by the Bell' vibe.

I love metal, primary Symphonic, Gothic and Power Metal, with bits and pieces of Death Metal here and there. I used to have a preference for female-fronted bands, but since discovering the likes of Edguy and Sonata Arctica, I've shifted to not really having a preference between the two. I still like the music I grew up with, though - Queen, Ace of Base, Bananarama, Shania Twain and Diana Ross, etc - and I'm quite fond classical music as well.

I pick at the other genres; the odd song or singer may leap out at me (I've grown to like MIKA, for example) but the only genres I will not listen to under any circumstances are rap and jazz.

Rock, Punk, a sprinkling of Metal and a few good doses of alternative and instrumental for dessert.

I listen to stuff like Nickelback, Red, Seether, Linkin Park, Nirvana, 3 Doors Down, Led Zeppelin, E. S. Posthumus, 30 Seconds to Mars, Riot...

...Of course, every now and then on a blue moon, I find some pop artist and song that I like, so I sneak in some Pink and Katy Perry...

ugh yeah... I dont listen that :I I listen to J-pop,Techno,K-pop,J-rock,Game music,Pop,very few rock,very few house music.

I like something from almost anything! I like alternative rock such as Muse, indie rock like Pulp, Pop/Rock music by Demi Lovato, the electronica music of Owl City, some gentle vocal music such as that played by Keane, folk music such as Mumford and Sons, Disney music (especially that by Phil Collins), a bit of Jazz, some Classical music by artists such as Beethoven and Chopin...Classical-sounding soundtracks such as those by John Williams and Hanz Zimmer - and video game music such as music by artists like Nobuo Uematsu and Motoi Sakuraba. :)

I listen to a lot of different things :hmmm: I like alternative, some country, post-hardcore, metalcore, rock, hard rock, indie rock, chiptune, etc. Don't like rap or a lot of hip hop. Rap especially is annoying and I am one of those people that dislikes poetry. Oh, and I like my fair amount of dubstep.

Last edited:
I likie Metal, heavy rock and Rap and some Alternative.
His Infernal Majesty, Opeth, Offspring, Evanesence.

Oh and classsical instrumental music Beethoven, Fredric Choppin etc

My tastes in music can be described as a Jack-of-all-trades. I do not stick to one genre because there is so much great music and so many genre's to get into. I admit I am a big Metalhead, but that's not the only one. I have tastes in Country, Rap, Classical, Ambient, hard rock, Alt. Rock, and many others.

I think if I had to place a favorite genre, I think it would most definitely be just rock in general. Hehe, fooled ya there. :P

I mostly listen to game music and J-rock. I think those would be the best two genres to describe my music taste. Well, game music isn't a genre I guess, but let's just use it as an umbrella term for all the types of music that come from video games. Hah.

I also like American music! But most of the time I shift away from it. I like the classic rock bands and some glam rock. Maybe pop, punk or techno as well. :3

I have an odd music taste but it's pretty much what can stick to my ear and make me smile while I listen. ....or sometimes cry

Genre doesn't really limit what I enjoy. I can listen to the darkest Scandinavian metal from Norway or some Des'ree. I pretty much love any music that has soul to it and was created without the intention of making money.

I love a bit of everything, I think. Even some of that dreaded rap and country people love to hate on :P

be it black metal or Romanian folk music, if it's good, I'll enjoy it.

I listen to pretty much anything as long as I like the beat. x3 Lyrics don't matter to me, no matter how dumb they are. Although I like hip hop and rap quite a bit. :3

I like pretty much any genre of music besides country and american rap. I like rap/hip hop as a style, but I absolutely had the derogatory lyrics and stupidity of them so I hate american rap for the most part.

But I prefer the japanese side of things since I think they approach rock, etc from a unique angle. Plus better lyrics most of the time.

I tend to listen to just about every sub-genre of metal. Metal is my bread and butter when it comes to the music world. It's what I play on stage.

However, I was raised in Virginia, and I do have a bit of a country root. A lot of times you'll catch me listening to Hank, or Cash, or Willie, or some of the newer stuff. (Though I'm not as fond of the newer "country" music.)

I guess I tend to listen to a bit of rap as well. I consider Redlight King and Hollywood Undead as rap artists. (Even though they both have a tinge of the rock genre in them.) I do listen them quite a lot, and I do like myself a few Nelly songs.

My favorite type of music genre are as follows:

-Salsa
-Reggeaton
-Bachata
-Hip Hop

Those are my favorite type of music. I am latinos and we latinos like to listen the first three music genre. Some of the latinos likes Hip Hop as well like I do. It depends on what you grow up listening to. I grow up listening to those genre that I mention plus a few more but those are my top favorite genre of all.

I'm a Hip-Hop Head so that's my first favorite music then i like Orchestral/Classics,Video Game Music,Some Mainstream Music you hear on the radio and also anything that sounds good really with a good beat and lyrics or something that's unique.

I'm open to a fair bit. I guess I predominately like punk and it's many derivatives, progressive rock/metal and alternative. I also like some synth pop and electronic bands too. A lot of the bands I like are cross-over bands anyway which could technically be classified into several genres.

I don't like generic music, all genre's are guilty of this. I find generic rock and metal very boring to listen to. I'm not the biggest rap fan in the world, for the most part I don't really like it. That said, rap has a few gems: Dead Prez, Immortal Technique etc..

I'm open to a fair bit. I guess I predominately like punk and it's many derivatives, progressive rock/metal and alternative. I also like some synth pop and electronic bands too. A lot of the bands I like are cross-over bands anyway which could technically be classified into several genres.

I don't like generic music, all genre's are guilty of this. I find generic rock and metal very boring to listen to. I'm not the biggest rap fan in the world, for the most part I don't really like it. That said, rap has a few gems: Dead Prez, Immortal Technique etc..

Yeah gotta agree with Dead Prez and Immortal Technique, I only like people who speak a story in rap so i got respect for them.

Back