What Genre of Music Do You Like?

I listen to pretty much anything really.
I get that from my dads sense in music. :P
The list is still growing but so far:
Alternative,Metal,Punk,Hardcore,Blackmetal,Deathmetal,Blues,Rock,Hard Rock,Heavy Metal,Pop,Dnb,Dubstep,Drumstep,Screamo.
As long as it has a good beat etc. I will listen to it :D
Although at the moment I seem to be listening to more Screamo than anything else :P

Just about anything really. From Hard Rock to some Country. Paramore, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Sound Horizon, just about any RPG music, Blondie, and much much more

Theire lot of music I listen to. The most important are:
Rock(Beatsteaks)
Ska(Ska-P)
Punk(Sexpistols)
Powermetal(Sonata Arctica)
Symphonicmetal(Nightwish)
Irishfolk(Dropkick Murpheys)
Middleage(In Extremo)
Neue deutsche Härte(Rammstein)
Grunge(Pearl Jam)
Alternative Rock(Muse)
Indie Rock/Britpop(Franz Ferdinand)
Crossover(Red Hot Chili Peppers)

These are only some examples. Theire lot more genres I like to listen to^^

I tend to fall into these cycles where I listen to one genre,artist,album,or song obsessively for a couple of weeks then get sick of it,leave for several months,then return and realize why I loved it in the first place.It can be"anything good",as I say.

Here lately I've been having a Daft Punk phase,primarily because of the electrified vocals-I tend to like those effects,and they're the masters of it.

In th past I've had Beatle,Chemical Brother,Led Zep,MGMT,Bob Marley,and Rolling Stone phases.I think I'm on the verge of a Soundgarden phase.:awesome:

Alternative/indie rock and post-punk, mostly.

Mistmoor
MOD EDIT: Can you please add a little more content to your post? This is a spam post in a post count section. Give us a little insight as to why you like alternative/indie rock and post-punk. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't really go for a song/artist based on its genre tbh, but if I'm searching for new music, it does help sometimes to use genres as guidelines :hmmm: So I'll do my best here, pardons if I'm mixing any of them up at all:

-Alternative rock (everything from Radiohead to U2 to Breaking Benjamin to Matchbox Twenty, it seems like a wide genre :hmmm:)

-Steampunk (Abney Park, The Cog Is Dead, Rasputina)

-Emocore (Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fire Theft; no modern emo though)

-Industrial rock (Orgy, Filter)

-Post-grunge (Foo Fighters and a million others)

-Southern rock (Better Than Ezra, Hootie and the Blowfish, Blues Traveler, Sister Hazel etc.)

-Celtic (Orla Fallon, Capercaillie, others)

-New age (Patrick O'Hearn, David Arkenstone, Suzanne Ciani, Libera)

-Power metal (Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire)

-Game music (Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Jeremy Soule)

-Electronica/trance (BT, Oceanlab)

-80s pop rock (Tears for Fears, Duran Duran)

-Baroque pop (Jeremy Enigk, Tori Amos)

-Ska (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Hippos, Simon Has No Pants)

-Pop punk (Green Day, MxPx, The Suicide Machines, Offspring)

-Progressive metal (King's X, Dream Theater)

Last edited:
Rap
RnB
Reggae
Dancehall
Techno/dance/electro (when I am clubbin')

I love the oldskool rap and beats with funky vibes and guitars. Soon as I hear that gangsta shit with a twist of funk in it im sold..

Lyrics have to mean something..money, bitches and bling bling are not enough. NAY! -_-

If there's one genre I don't like at all, its Country. Absolutely hate it. Other than that, I really enjoy all types of genres of music. If I had to say which ones I listen to the most, it would either be Electronica or Death Metal. Electronica always makes me want to move, and the beats are usually always catchy. As for Death Metal, it may seem frightening to normal people, but the lyrics have a very strong meaning behind them - and are mostly based on the expressions of society today; which I believe is the beauty of it all . :ryan: And that's that .

I will listen to anything that doesn't dredge up images of inbred, backwater hicks going wild on their gee-tars. That's not to say that I like the broad mass of what constitutes every other genre, just that there are songs from most genres that I like and appreciate. I am a big fan of classical music though, especially the more sinister sounding pieces of music within the genre. I guess you could say that my taste in music is geared towards sounds that are dark and different, that inspire feelings of determination, of mild anger, and of intense focus. I can't really explain further than that.

I've been switching on and off from pop-rock, to screamo, and then going to hip hop. I don't know why, but I have such a vast diversity of different genre's, i don't really stick to one all the time. I tend to lean more to genre's that have a meaning behind the lyrics. So, I'm not really one for beer this, sex that, and money this and that. If it has a meaning, good sound, I'm there to listen to it. However, my preference is definitely up in the rock era. :ryan:

Let's see...

Jrock/Visual Kei/Oshare (Dir en grey, GazettE, Miyavi, The Versailles, Gackt)

Industrial Metal (Rammstein, Das Ich)

Industrial Trance/Techno (Grendel, VNV Nation, Nachtmahr, Wumpscut, Eisenfunk)

Other than that, pretty much anything old school Rock, like Led Zepplin and ACDC

I like all styles of music.

Pop
Rock
Electropop
Rap
J-pop
J-rock
K-pop
Classic Rock
Alternative

And many more. :wacky:

I also listen to a lot of different styles of music.

From Metallica, Lady Gaga, Red Hot Chili Peppers, J-rock, Avenged Sevenfold, and loads more

I like a lot of psychedelic indie pop/rock. Have any of you guys heard of the Elephant Six collective? Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, The Apples in stereo, of Montreal, Elf Power.

I like anything except country. :hmph:

I mainly listen to electronic, alternative, indie, sure some pop, and REAL rap. I'm talking about actual meaning in a rap, not the crap now days about shorty in the club that dances so great. I'm also a huge fan of Japanese music. Like Gackt, Ayumi Hamasaki, etc. (I generally like Japanese rock, but Ayumi is an exception ^_^)

Punk, industrial, some trip-hop, some metal, grunge, psytrance/goa and alternative rock in general dominates my playlist. :sup:

I listen to most of musical genres, especially opera, pop, goth-metal and experimental... I'm also becoming a big fan of trip-hop lately. I'm okay with rap music, but that's the genre I listen the less, to be honest.

I listen to all kinds, rock, pop, hip hop. I don't know what type Sound Horizon is, they play all kinds. Just about anything really, if it sounds good

I listen to everything. There are two types of listening:

There's music I listen to get ideas and inspiration from. And I give every genre a listen. I'm afraid not to like something, 'cause I'm afraid there might be a sound I may miss.

And there's music I listen to that I enjoy. And that's hip hop, roots reggae, funk, soul, jazz, blues, bebop, big band, video game (mostly from RPG OSTs), a little bit of house, and a touch of electro.

Back