What Genre of Music Do You Like?

I mainly like listening to Trance, Techno, Hardstyle and in game music. But I also like some random tracks from other genres.

I absolutly love all kindas of music theirs something special about each kind that ive listened too tat theirs always something i like one minute ill be listening to techno the next minute jazz(although for some reason jazz has always been lower on my lists of favorite songs and genres of music lol). But of course theirs always songs that just dont agree with me and ill just get bored to fast wth some types of music i just think some songsand also some genres are one time listens then wait some time while other songs you can just rock, pop, lock, and drop the night away lol! :x3:

All kinds, I don't like generalizing genres, I like going by artist. :D

MOD EDIT: Can we elaborate more on our posts from now on please? This is a spammy post in a post count section. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a rocker through and through. I might listen to some blues and metal here and there, but Rock is my mainstay. :monster:

I love all kinds of music.
There's really not a genre of music I don't like. Hip-Hop, RnB, Techno, J-pop, K-pop, Country, Rock, Pop, Video Game OSTs, Rave, like I said before, there's nothing I don't like. I love them all. My I-pod has a mixture of all types of genres of songs.XD

Well, I have always had a soft spot for 80's rock and before. That's at least my simple definition of what I like. I definitely like some music past the 80's, but not very much. I don't often choose music based off of anything less than three main parts, however. It needs to be catchy, it needs to sound good, and it needs to have something that makes it more complex than most of the main stream music I have heard. For instance, I don't really like Rolling Stones, not because they sounded bad, but they were too simplistic and it didn't ever stick with me. I love Jethro Tull because their music is complex. I will say that there is always one category that will always make me enjoy the song, and that is humor. If the song makes me laugh, I will enjoy it. I don't enjoy most country and hate rap. I can say, though, that I do listen to a lot of music I don't like because I like to learn music that people want to hear as well as stuff I like. I listen to lots of music, pretty much all the time. If I am not listening to music, I am either playing it, singing it, or just thinking about it.

I personally like anything that I like, for lack of better words. My music consists of just about everything (but emo music), though I tend to like Easy-listening, Ska, and Alternative more then anything. Pretty much any song that has an upbeat...beat, I like, since I really dislike emo music and lately heavy metal has been getting on my nerves, but that doesn't mean I hate it, just can't stand it for excessive amounts of time.

I don't like limiting myself to just ONE genre, so if I like a song, I like it no matter what the genre is, even if it's something embarrassing, I won't be scared to say I like it. I do lean toward some genres over others, such as:

Punk

Any kind of Punk, I like it all, from 70s, 80s Hardcore, Pop-Punk, Punk Rock, and whatever else fits under the genre of Punk. Favourite bands within that genre include:

-Sex Pistols
-The Clash
-Misfits
-Blink 182
-New Found Glory
-Saves The Day
-NOFX
-Bad Religion
-Alkaline Trio
-The Lawrence Arms
-Rancid
-Home Grown

Grunge

I like a lot of Grunge music, especially the bands that started during the 90s, some post-grunge bands are good i.e. Silverchair, Stone Temple Pilots, etc, but I prefer the "original" grunge bands if that makes sense? Such as:

-Nirvana
-Sonic Youth (Sort of Grunge, but they are VERY experimental and alternative too)
-Pearl Jam
-Alice in Chains
-Hole
-L7
-Bikini Kill
-Jack Off Jill
-Green River
-Mudhoney

Punk & Grunge are definitely my two favourite genres, but I do listen to absolutely anything including brit-pop, DnB, acoustic, folk, dub-step, alternative, experimental, and basically anything that sounds good to me when I listen to it. Music is amazing, so you should definitely broaden your tastes if you do find yourself listening to the same genre over and over again. It's also exciting, so when finding new music you like, it's a rush for me personally, I love it.

Well, I started with instrumental jazz (it's all my mom would play in the house) but, you know, eventually I got into Classic Rock, Alternative, Punk, Hip-Hop, pretty much the works. I'm down for most things, it just depends on what stands out in the song, I guess.

At the moment, Alternative Rock. I've been listening to it a lot lately. Bands such as Muse, Anberlin, Oasis and the like. I'm listening to the new single of 30 Seconds to Mars too. A little bit of J-pop (especially ROUND TABLE feat. Nino)

The music I listen to is all all over the board. However, the vast majority of what I do listen to is dance, alternative, or house. I have XM in my car and I now can't deny that I can't live without it as the regular radio drives me crazy and I never find anything that I really like on it anymore. They play a lot of pop and a very broad base of generic "heard it before" music. I've found over time that I'm definitely a niche person and most of what I like is not found on the every day FM stations. What I listen to a lot on XM is BPM, Alt. Nation, Area (at times) and very rarely hip hop nation and Backspin whenever I get the urge to listen to something old school from when I was in High School and thats about it. They don't play any dance music on any of our local radio stations (and I mean real dance, not remixes of pop music you hear every day on the radio) so I'm thankful for BPM. Alt Nation is much better than our local Alternative station because I got tired of their constant "blah blah blah" all the time. :monster:

Last edited:
The majority of my music in my library is Death Metal, but i also listen to a lot of Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, and Punk.

I like a bunch of different types music but I prefer Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts music the most. They sorta have most genres of music already.

I have a really narrow music taste. I like specific types of Metal, especially Melodic Death Metal. But there are still a lot of MeloDeath bands I don't like (Dark Tranquility, In Flames etc. I personally don't see why they're so popular in the metal underground. Well, In Flames not just the underground, but yeah).
But, what little music I do like, I love endlessly. :D

Any kind of music really. The only two real genres I'm partial to is rock (classic, metal, Japanese, etc. etc.) and pop. Sometimes I'll find the odd rap song or mainstream song that I really like and will listen to it over and over, but that's really rare.

I very much like rock and metal. I guess nothing is too fast or too deep. I like songs with lyrics that are a little shallow, but not too shallow.

my tastes are mixed
I like:
Jazz
classic rock
old school rap/hip hop
funk
70s
80s
classical
house
Japanese Rock/Pop

I don't listen to a wide variety of music but the music I listen to the most is Jpop and Jrock. I usually prefer fast Jpop songs and I'm fairly picky with the types of Jrock songs I listen to. I also like traditional music and I listen to it often when I'm doing schoolwork.

I listen to a lot of differents music styles. My favourite genres are punkrock and psyTrace but I also like industrial, classic, classic rock, video game music, alternative, trance and progressive rock. what genre I listen to depends on my mood and situations. I can't stand pop music or country but I must admit that they are a couple of good pop song that comes out once in a while.

Back