What Genre of Music Do You Like?

My favourite genre is instrumental.
I also like Numetal, Rapcore, Rock, Prog. Rock & Hip-Hop.
I don't like Metal, Death Metal etc.

But if a song is good, I don't care about the genre.

Hard rock, Classic Rock, Blues Rock, Indie Rock, Punk Rock.

Pretty much anything that's rock. :grin:

I do like some foreign pop though. Like the Lebanese singer known as Nancy Ajram. But for other pop stars I really just prefer Britney Spears, Lady Gaga or Ke$ha. I can't effing stand rap. at all. I'd prefer to sit through the worse pop song ever than listen to a rap song. :hmph:

Can't spell crap without rap! :grin:

Primarly videogame music. I listen to other forms from time to time. It's like a neverending quest to build the perfect BGM playlist!

I go through various phases. Last round, I mostly listened to metal bands like Slipknot, Motley Crue, Guns 'n Roses, Girugamesh, and Rage Against The Machine. Currently, I've been more in a funk and disco mood. Been listening to a lot of Parliament Funkadelic, Earth Wind and Fire, James Brown and The Beegees to name a few. :wacky:

Listening to a lot of funk, it saddens me that many of these funkadelic bands didn't last. :( They were full of all kinds of musicians, ranging from having a brass section, percussionists, backing vocals, vocals, guitarists, bassists, keyboardists... Because the bands were so huge, they couldn't realistically make a career of it haha. But it's great, though, because in that era it was all about partying, having fun, and spreading the love. :monster:

I tend to listen to different genres in a staggered way. Right now I'm pretty much exclusively Korean pop, but I love all sorts of music, from opera to goregrind. Though metalcore will always have a space in my heart.

I mostly listen to video game music, J-Rock and J-Pop

I listen to many types of music actually. Usually it depends what my mood is in what type of music I seem to tend to enjoy listening to more. Like right now it has actually been a bunch of nightcore and indie. Not sure what my mood has been but every so often I do change it up :)

Trip Hop/ Instrumental Hip Hop - I really love the atmospheric ones. It really set the tone of the song whether it's relaxing, exciting, depressing.

Old School/ Underground Hip-Hop - paired with good instrumental, complex vocubulary of lyrics and diverse flow, I guarantee you that you can hear a good music that is called "Hip Hop", not the crap that you listen to radio these days.

I also listen to some genres on some extent.

I have a wide range of music taste that can be anything from Acoustic Rock to Death Metal. But I usually find myself around the middle ground listening to Prog Rock/Metal.

A lot of stuff:

Doom Metal, Death Metal, Deathcore, Metalcore, Thrash Metal, Progressive Metal, Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Shoegaze, Lo-Fi, Chillwave, Electronica, House, EBM, Industrial, etc.

I have no fucking clue of what the different genres are. If I had to say, I think mines would be Rock (Not The, just Rock. I don't like The Rock >_>), and general "hey everybody, let's go hate on this music!" Pop. What can I say? I like Nicki Minaj. She's had a few noteworthy songs, including the new one with Bieber. Anyway, there's probably some metal and stuff like that in there too. Non gangsta rap is always welcome. But yeah, those two are my main.

I think I may have posted earlier. If so, I'm posting again :tori:

My ultimate favorite is KPop :ohoho: I started listening to 2ne1 a lot last year, and now I am obsessed with all of YG. I like a few other groups too, but mainly YG.

Besides KPop, I love techno/electronic.

I also like some hip hop and pop.

I also like some alternative.

No country :hmph:

Lately I've been so into EDM! and if it's just me who thinks that the recent EDM songs have meaningful lyric? Even tho the interpretation of which may differ one to another...LOL.

This may sound like a bland response, but I can seriously listen to any genre of music. I'm not picky on the music I listen to. The only genre's that I listen to in small, VERY SMALL doses is country and rap. Them last for about a half an hour or so then I'm over that shit.
My favorites are Thrash Metal(any kind of metal really), classic rock, classical, the list goes on. Again, it all depends how I'm feeling on what day.

I like the general known genres such as:

Pop
Hip-Hop
Classic Rock
Rock
Metal
Post-Core Metal
Alternative
I'll listen to some country.. but only when i'm in the mood. :hmmm:

My logo is :"80s rock, 90's pop."

:griin:

I only listen to real metal. "Sophisticated" music never cut it for me. When it comes to music subcultures, I only associate with metalheads and some punks. I dislike -core, Pantera, nu metal, girlfriend metal, and so on.

Last edited:
My music tastes are not mixed. I prefer heavy metal and rock.
I tend to strictly stay to bands that fit into those genres.

I HATE rap and main stream pop.
I won't even stand for it, as I can barely tolerate it.

I like some selected: some game mussis like ff7 and 8, 80s pop/disco/electronic, some melodic rock, 90s techno/dance, pop rock, From 2000 trance or vocal trance, ellie gouldings love me like yer doo, some selected movie mussis, all pre selected by choice, which i find for myself to be best lol

Back