Kingdom Hearts: Worth getting?

yes Kingdom hearts for the PS2 is definitely worth getting.
I wouldn't recommend the handheld ones though because I find them to be boring, they add too many random main characters and they're just way too different.

I would recommend 1 and 2 because they have a beautiful cast of characters, the graphics are amazing for their time, the story is so deep and involving...although sometimes rather confusing. I think the way they added original characters in with Final fantasy and Disney characters is really original and fun and its really exciting going to a new world and going "omg is that Aladdin!?!" it reminds me of my childhood!

I guess if you don't like Disney you might not like that side of it but I assume if you're on a FF forum you at least like the FF side of things and its still worth playing for that!

Anyway I would definitely approve of anyone playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

I know this post is old but to anyone thinking about it, I say no. The game is a platformer and that cold truth sets in after moments of playing it.

Basically borrow or rent it before buying it cause you might like it or want to throw it out.

I say yes and no. Yes because it's an awesome game with a great...branching...story across about 5 games. The reason I'd say no is because then you'd be pissed that you either have to buy a 3DS for KH3D or jump on the band wagon and pester Nomura for Kingdom Hearts 3 already. :wacky:

I have to say yes, these are amazing games (well except some of the spin offs but most people do like them so...)

It's an easy game to learn, an Action RPG so to speak, so yes it does feel like you might be button mashing, but it does require some thinking when it comes to bosses.

On top of that, the story is simply amazing, with how they interacted the Disney worlds into each game is simply amazing and genius. Each world has its own story, and its own characters.

On top of that the villians are easy to hate for all the right reasons.

The unique characters to the Kingdom Hearts worlds are easy enough to know and learn to like or hate depending on if they are good or evil ;)

I know this post is old but to anyone thinking about it, I say no. The game is a platformer and that cold truth sets in after moments of playing it.

Basically borrow or rent it before buying it cause you might like it or want to throw it out.
Cold truth? So you're saying its a bad game because its a platformer? uh, no. Honestly, waiting to get in in the mail, hearing that makes me more excited to play it.

I'd say yes. Now, this comes back to the whole "it's childish bullshit" nonsense. All you have to do is give it a chance, and then you can judge it. Obviously a game like this is attractive to kids, and maybe even women. But for the average dude, it's gonna take a bit more to convince him to play it. But I will be the first one to say this series is well worth the hassle of getting/playing it. :)

Back