Advent Children Should they have made a Advent Children game?

Should they have made it into a game?

• Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Kurughi

Ex-Soldier
Gil
as the title says what do you think personally i think it would have been a good idea i would have loved to play through some of those scene (especially cloud's fight with sephiroth omnislash V.5 ftw :x3: )

Why Hell Yeah! Not a bad Idea at all!
Though I would Have wanted the game for My PSP it Still would have been Nice to be Cloud in Crisis Core Style graphics.

Do you know what? If Advent Children had been a game for the PSP or something, I would probably like it more than the underwhelming result that the movie turned out to be.

At least as a game, SE would have used the time to flesh out a better plotline and craft in good gameplay rather than using all that time on CGI rendering - where a 10 minute scene may take.....months of continuous work.

Last edited:
I'd personally prefer if they hadn't made an Advent Children at all. Seriously, am I the only one that thinks they should have VII left well alone?

yup you are....
rotfl.

Not a game for the PSP or any handheld.
A real console game.

The movie was totally unneccessary, why make a game of it as well? About the only good thing to come out of it was the new version of One Winged Angel...

Besides, you can have Advent-Children-ish battles with Final Fantasy characters on Dissidia...a mix between that and Crisis Core-ish gameplay would have made a very nice game, (I hated Dissidia's stupid little game boards, it needed a proper overworld map and some decent enemies to fight, not just single-colour clones of the playable characters) but an idea that good shouldn't be wasted on FFVII...

I am not an FFVII hater, but... I think we should give other games a chance. FFI-VI, FFVIII-IX don't even have their own compilations... I mean, it's as if Square is sucking out every single aspect from FFVII to gain money and create all those sequels and prequels.

I am not saying that FFVII compilation is bad. I like the Advent Children movie. But I think that they should just let FFVII rest in peace (or at least end the compilation with a remake). Move on to the next forgotten titles, or create DECENT new titles.

Seriously, I don't get why people hate on the movie. I thought it was pretty kewl.

As for it being a game, I actually disagree. It was planned to be a movie and to more or less show off what S-E was capable of producing. I highly doubt people actually hated the idea of a movie with suped up graphics of FFVII when it was first announced way back - it's mostly when it didn't stop at the movie did people begin to hate on it me thinks :hmmm:

Anyways, it features a lot of scenes that don't involve Cloud, and in actuality, there aren't enough locations to battle in to make it a cohesive game *shrugs*

I would say no, because in my opinion Advent Children, despite all the relentless fighting, was a very soulful movie that held a lot of meaning. The whole plot of the movie is to explore Cloud's feelings and have him forgive himself and set himself free of his cross that he carries.
I don't think this storyline would have come across nearly as well through a game.

hmm maybe as a DL game :P on PSN or sumtin, not a full game, that game would be halfbaked imo, only good thing would be the graphics.

Hmmm, Nah.

The movie was okay, but I just would prefer if they left it alone. Advent Children... I just don't see it being a good game to be honest :hmmm:

Though, I agree with Fusion there isn't a lot of loactions.

Meh.

Wellllll The movies was great to me but I rather not have it made into a game, only if they ran out of FFVII material and HAD to make another game.

your right making it into a game would increase the storyline so much it wouldn't make any sence anymore. though it would be nice to play that motercycle scene

Yes.........But it would've probably taken ages............plus I can't imagine what you'd be doing while playing the game,other than chasing after Kadaj,Yoz and Lazoo................Anyway the movie was good anyway.

I'd think 'no'.

Well, to be honest, I thought the movie was rather short. It wasn't all that long enough to create a really substantial story line that would suit a game, in my opinion. I'd rather have them not release a game than to have them release one with such a short story. Though, I wouldn't mind a mini game of some kind- say, a battle against Bahamut like in the movie?

Other than that, I guess it's 'forget it'.

It would essentially just be FFVII again if it was made a game, I'm sure

To think of it, I wouldn't mind if they remade the whole of Final Fantasy VII, then go on to add an extra chapter after the original game that is Advent Children's story. They could make that final battle Cloud had with Sephiroth some kind of interactive battle lol.

with the materials outworked in acc, they easily could have finished ff7 remake 10 years ago in my opinion. i mean the whole game came years to late, now its just a memory, not more

I am honestly surprised that it was never adapted into a mobile game in the vain of Before Crisis or the Dirge of Cerberus mobile game. But we just wouldn't have gotten that then either.

Back