Advent Children Should they have made a Advent Children game?

Should they have made it into a game?

• Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
I think it may be a good idea for a game if there's another story of all children in the movie when they have grown up, and their story likely impact the fate of some main characters in FF7 or any other FF universe.

I don't think it'd make a good full game, though I could see this being okay as a standalone/DLC content like what they did for the FF7R INTERmission episode for Yuffie. I think AC was okay for it's time, but it could definitely use some tweaking in my opinion. With graphics of today I think they could make this visually stunning, and I think once refined they could make something out of this if they ever felt inclined to.

But truthfully... I am perfectly fine if they don't. I don't really harbor negative feelings for AC, though I guess I don't have too many positive either? I just feel neutral about it altogether, and that's probably why I'm so neutral on if it would be good or not as a game. I think if they DID remake anything though that I'd rather they just remake it as a movie instead of turning it into playable content.

In my opinion, recreating the entirety of Advent Children into a game would be unnecessary and require significant expansion using other material from the Compilation, as well as new ideas.

Some of the background information that in many ways improves the story of Advent Children is included in the FFVII novel The Kids Are Alright. So a game set before this would not be strictly necessary unless they wanted to recreate aspects of this.

Perhaps there could be some references to the lore in the Remake trilogy. I was a bit surprised they didn't shoehorn Denzel into the Remake, for example. His family could have been seen above the plate in Sector 7 when visiting Jessie's household (before the plate fell, this is where he lived according to On the Way to a Smile).

Our best bet for reliving actual scenes from Advent Children might be Ever Crisis. They will be including moments from this film as playable episodes in that.

I always thought we should've had a full PS2 RPG back then. The concept of the fusion sword and gathering sword parts would've been amazing. I think it would be really interesting to see Cloud still play the merc and go around helping people around Edge, while also explore ruins of Midgar. Other ideas could've been helping those with Geostigma.

My problem with the majority of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is that a common element is how Jenova Cells are being used and altered. And they always say it in passing to the point that its hard to really grasp what is happening. In Advent Children, Kadaj, Yaz, and Lazoo gang being remnants of Sephiroth makes sense if you play the original because you see Sephiroth copies in Niebelheim. But its still hard to swallow in the movie when you don't see their birth and they don't re-address these themes.

If it was a full game, these themes could've been addressed longer over time.

Back