Is it too late?

hordage

<3
Gil
I apologize if there has been a topic about this, but I didn't see one nor was it in the "Worth getting?" topic. I don't mind grinding, I don't mind a slow start. I hear the game is very group-oriented and I was wondering if it's still possible to start playing? I mean will I be able to level solo? Are there enough players for me to interact with while leveling? I'm absolutely tired of WoW and this game seems like so much fun, I'd love to give it a shot. Thanks in advance.

I mean why not? I say go for it :monster: If you think it would be a good game why not test it out?

I never actually played XI but, I don't think it's ever to late to start a game. As for the popularity and whether or not there will be a lot of others playing, i'm not sure.

Sorry im not that much of help x] Maybe someone who has actually played it could give you a better answer x]

It's all good, I appreciate the answer. I'll probably buy the game this weekend, I think it's like 10 bucks for an activation key so it can't hurt lol.

If you haven't yet started, you should wait for me to get my PS2 network adapter and we'll play together - if your playing it on PS2. If your playing the PC version i'm not sure if we can... but I can probably start it on PC too.

No, it isn't too late to play Final Fantasy XI. There is actually quite a large fanbase still. They are releasing a huge DLC update in March. This game will defeat XIV, once XIV is released again. If anyone is interested in playing, there is a 14 day free trial you can signup for. I just recently started playing XI again. Odin and Bahamut are the two most populated servers.

This game will defeat XIV, once XIV is released again.

I can tell you have been burned by the FFXIV 1.0 badly. I'm glad I lost interest before I delved deeply into that game lol. But Im gonna try out FFXIV:ARR. I think it'll do fine.

I realize this is a huge bump but i am curious about this game because its called FF 11 but its online unlike the rest of the main series. thing is, im not really a computer gamer and i dont own a PC of my own but i have a PS2 slim model that doesn't have a HD. does this game even work in this version of the PS2? It has internet built in.

is it still 12 dollars a month? just curious really for future reference =D

To play FINAL FANTASY XI for PlayStation 2, you will need:

-PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system
-Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation 2)
-FINAL FANTASY XI for PlayStation 2
-Internal Hard Disk Drive (40GB) (for PlayStation 2)
-USB keyboard (highly recommended)
-Internet connection
-Visa or MasterCard

Yes their is still a monthly fee to play it. I recommend getting a PC orPS3 and getting Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn though it's their next MMO and much better than XI in my opinion.

hmm well thats a bummer ;o i am guessing no external HD exists for PS2? xD your probably right though. the new one might be more worth it.

Back