What was the last concert you went to?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Simple. In this thread, you can tell us what was the last concert you went to. However, please be aware that post such as:

Green Day. Rock. Loved it.

Will be classed as spam and deleted without warning. Please ELABORATE in your post.

Leona Lewis - The Labyrinth Tour

It was an amazing concert! Went to see her just the Sunday gone past. There's no doubt she can sing live because she's such a fantastic vocalist. I loved how it was based and inspired by the film, Labyrinth. She sang the vast majority of the songs we're all used to hearing. She did a bit of dancing as well, which was surprising. Excellent for the first tour!

10/10

Muse 10/10

Fucking good job it was good as well, seeing as I paid twice the price for the ticket :mokken:

It was aaaace though, the stage was epic, the light shows were just immense, Matt was hot and the music was brilliant. Going to see them again in September. I almost wet myself when he did TIRO right infront of us. The bruised ribs were worth it

Last concert I went to was Alesana, A Skylit Drive, The Word Alive, and We Came As Romans (all in one show). I guess you could classify them as hardcore/post-hardcore. The venue was really small, and very tightly packed. The entire room was a huge mosh pit, lots of people crowd surfing, stage diving, jumping off the balcony, it was chaos for most the show. Tickets were pretty cheap and it was a pretty epic line up of bands, they all performed really well and really got the crowd excited. Also got to meet We Came As Romans, very nice people :D.
9/10

Florence + The Machine in Edinburgh. She was brilliant. It was at the Corn Exchange, which is a pretty small venue so it was a really intimate gig which I think tends to make them better. It takes someone special to be able to give a really electric performance somewhere like Wembley, and I don't think Florence is ever going to be someone to do that. She started off a bit slowly, but towards the end she was really getting into it and was obviously enjoying herself more. Definitely someone I'd happily see again.

I saw Umphrey's McGee about a week ago. They were amazing as usual. It was only the second concert I've only been to. Coincidentally, the concert they did a few months ago was the first I'd ever been to. Yeah, I don't get much. :sad: But, nevertheless, they were still epic.

3 or 4 months ago i went to see hugh cornwell which was brilliant, small gig great atmosphere and he was ace.

last night i went to see divine comedy (which was actually just neil hannon with a grand piano and an acoustic guitar) in the same venue. it was so relaxed, he was brilliant and hilarious really got the crowd involved and even fucked up a few times which was hilarious. what a funny guy. i hope he comes back

Muse again :andry:

04/09/11

I was debating for aaaaaaaaaaaages about getting rid of my ticket, and as soon as they stepped out, I wonder why the fuck it ever crossed my mind. Best. gig. EVER. It was fucking brilliant. The atmosphere was great, I had a brilliant spot and I just sang my head off the whole way through. Also. Matt is hot

Annihilator - Had abit of a dodgy start because I had forgotten my ticket and only realised when I actually got to the venue! Luckly mine a was print-out jobbie so I just brought up the e-mail with the ticket up on my iPhone and the doorlady was able to scan it through! Saw them at the small and intimate Bristol Academy. Crowd was big but hardly packed the place out so plenty of room to breath for the most part. Played alot of songs I love and even pulled off an acoustic set of a couple of tunes. After we went to the pub whilst a friend of ours stalked the tour bus. By the time we caught up to him about 3 pints later the band still had'nt came out. We waited about an hour and they finally did and I managed to get my train ticket signed :)
149221_1684527828455_1095417237_1858613_3445347_n.jpg

Fear Factory w/ High on Fire - Had never been too intrested in Fear Factory before, my main intrest was support act High on Fire, but saw FF at Sonisphere earlier in the year and enjoyed them so it was all good. Gig was at the Bristol Academy like the Annihilator show and thus was small and intimate, yet this time the crowed was alot more bigger. HoF were great even if not so many people were getting into it but when FF came on the place went crazy. and they put on an awesome and very intense show. Loved it! Was made even better by the fact that a great chunk of my social circle (some of which pictured below) attended making it a right group event.

168773_1739688407435_1095417237_1986576_1773974_n.jpg

Last edited:
James on my birthday

It was immense. Barrier boond = good times. And we had VIP tickets so we got to go to the soundcheck and we got band banter, it was ace, especially when they sung me happy bday. Omg. that was beyond ace :andry:

http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/...th december/?action=view&current=Video002.mp4

http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/Kel_Bam
/Glasgow%2017th%20-%2019th%20december/?action=view&current=Video003.mp4

Not the best quality, but come on, can you get any more legendary than that :8F:

Last month I saw Linkin Park. Nevermind the fact that I know every word to every song, it was still an awesome concert. It was just one of those simple concerts yet was still done very well. No fancy stuff, which I think made it quite amazing. They played a lot of their old songs as well ads new ones and that was good as it got everyone in the audience involved. Overall a definite 10/10

The day before Father's Day, I went and saw Iron Maiden with my dad and brother. For a bunch of old guys, they still know how to put on a good show. The only downside to it was that they didn't play that many songs that I knew, and played a bunch of their newer stuff, which didn't impress me all that much. Still a good concert, though.

9/10

The last concert I went to was Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour. :D

I thoroughly enjoyed both bands sets, although I have to say that although the main reason I went to see them was for Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour put on a better performance that night. D:

Overall Avenged Sevenfold played a mixture of their new and old stuff which was all amazing live.

Stone Sour impressed me alot more with playing a few new songs then a few old songs and then finishing with their best song theyve done in my opinion.

Overall I would have to rate it as 9/10 as A7X where a slight let down :S

Oh man, it's been a while :gonk: But I think the last one was Gin Blossoms and Tonic out by the waterfront downtown last year :hmmm: It was hot as hell, but the music was awesome, and I've been to hotter outdoor concerts for longer periods of time so I was used to it. Also, at one point, there was someone in the audience dressed up like a chicken, but I have no idea why :hmmm: But they both played mostly songs that I know and love, so it was great. 10/10 :yay:

If we are counting festivals.. I went to the Big day Out a few days ago which was pretty ace. I saw a fair few bands but not many stood out tbh.

However, I did see Iggy Pop and the Stooges and it's easy to see why Iggy is a legend. The music was fucking ace too.

Rammstein had the most incredible pyrotechnic show I've ever seen and I couldn't even see the stage properly.

Tool were pretty grand too, they had an awesome light show and the music was great too. They even featured a guest appearance from Rammstein which involved an extra drum kit and a flamethrower. Unfortunately I couldn't properly hear Maynard's vocals from where I was (about 10 meters from the front), so that was a bit of a let down. Apparently you could here him from the back just fine though.

The last concert I went to was Utada Hikaru's at the House of Blues in Chicago, it was amazing! She has so much energy and sounds like she does on her track. Not a lot of artists can do that anymore.

10/10 Perfect show! I have no complaints about my time there, not one.

Saw ocean colour scene live on thursday. What a set it was, they were fantastic. It was a tour dedicated to their first album which is my favourite and surprisingly they opened with the 3 biggest songs on the album, i was expecting them to close with the day we caught the train or riverboat song but those were the first 2 songs played. :ryan:

I just got back (as in less than an hour ago) from the Soundwave festival. It was pretty damn good, the high lights for me were:

One Day As A Lion: Featuring Zack de la Rocha, fucking ace. Although it's hard not to compare ODAAL to Rage against the machine, I think this project really came into it's own. Zack delivered the intensity and Jon's drumming was awesome. They played some new material too, which is good because they haven't even released a full length album yet.

Trash Talk: I like to dip my pallet into hardcore punk when I get the chance and trash talk is as hardcore as they come. This was easily the most intense act I've ever seen. They weren't just screaming for the sake of sounding scary (which is the impression I get from a lot of bands of this style). They all seemed genuinely passionate about what they were doing, not taking a second for granted and that is what I like to see.

Gang of Four: I had absolutely no idea what to expect from them, I had never heard any of their songs and the only thing I knew about them was the period in which they started out. I was really impressed by them...seriously they were fucking great. Much like Trash talk they seemed really passionate too.

I also saw Slash, Iron Maiden and Queens of the Stone age, but they didn't stand out as much. Queens were quite good, but I was towards the back trying to catch my breath after One Day as A Lion.

All in all a splendid festival. :monster:

The last concert I visited was a really small one. The band is called "Mono Inc". They play Dark Rock and their lyrics are english. The band is from Hamburg and no one knows them, just people who like Dark music.xD

The last festival was "Rock am Ring". I don´t know if someone knows this festival. It´s really hughe(round about 100000 visitors). The headliners were Rammstein, Rage against the Machine, Muse and Kiss. All of them were pretty awesome except for Kiss. Only the hardcore fans knews the lyrics of their songs. So no one sung with themxD

lg(liebe Grüße)

cloud^^
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=Ci4HO3kMAA&search=for&trestr=0x8008

I haven't been to many concerts, but the last one I went to was BigDayOut, where they have like HEAPS of different bands play. I saw Muse, Rise Against (nearly died in their moshpit but managed to catch one of their guitar picks!) and many others.

before that I went and saw Fall Out Boy because my Friends forced me... they were shit, I hate that band :|

the only other concerts I have been to are The Black Keys, who were great and Robbie Williams, he was amazing!!!!

Last one was Iron Maiden the other during their sideshows for the Soundwave Festival. Saw them in 2008, and in the three years since I last saw them, they've stayed just as bloody awesome. For a bunch of old boys they put on a killer show.

Back