What was the last concert you went to?

The last concert I was at was back in April... My boyfriend and I went and bought tickets to go see Blessthefall. :jess: It was a really good as show! It was the first real concert that I had been at...so close to the performance. so many good memories of that show.

My favorite live was probably Silvertien where they played Heroine. :fan: :awesome:

Sadly my boyfriend has all the footage that we had taken

:sad3:

I had the pic where Beau Boken tagged the girls bathroom lol. >.>

I'll get that sucker soon.

On Wednesday my mom, my sister, and myself, we went to Detroit to see BabyMetal perform. It was my 1st time seeing them live too! Sadly I missed them at Rock on the Range last year. Mainly because I didn't even know who they were:sad3:
All I have to say is DAMN! Not only was the show intense, but it was so energetic and they put on one helluva show! They are seriously becoming my favorite band. I absolutely love their music <3

The last concert I went to was also the only concert I've ever been to, back in late 2008. Despite listening to genres of music that are inherently loud, like Djent, Power Metal, Thrash, etc., I don't actually like my music really loud. I prefer to hear what I'm listening to, and explore the depths of each instrument. I personally can't do that when the music is really loud. Plus, I find that a lot of bands aren't near as great live as they are on the album (which makes sense, since it'd be unfathomably hard to perform so often). So I'd usually rather prefer to listen to the cleaned up version on the album. That being said, I specifically went to this concert because I adore the vocalist (ex-vocalist now); he's my favorite ever, and his voice is mega powerful/precise. I was not disappointed. It was extra cool because they're much bigger outside of the US than in, so their concert here was in a small club; like 150 people max. It felt super personal.

That band, was Kamelot. And the singer Roy Khan. He basically sounded like this the whole time, which was the best thing ever:

Nowadays, I don't really have many artists I would want to see live, since most of my preferred members have since left their bands, like Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage, Edu Fulaschi from Angra, etc. I might see City And Colour live sometime though. If Dallas Green leaves that 'band', then there's no band left, because City And Colour his solo act, lol. Oh, and I'd probably also go see The Dear Hunter, but only if they played all four Act albums back to back :P

Here not too long ago I went to a festival known as Rock on the Range. Which for those who don't know of it, it happens to be in my home state of Ohio. It's hosted at MAPFRE Stadium where the Columbus Crew play. We went on a Saturday night and spent the day there. Talk about downright insane! There were some fantastic performances there! Parkway Drive, Hellyeah!, Texas Hippie Coalition, a band I'd never heard of called Ghost(which are fucking AMAZING btw), and I WAS IN THE PIT FOR FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH AND ROB ZOMBIE! Literally only 10 rows or so away from Zombie.
Shit got absolutely insane when FFDP played. I've never experienced a pit like that before.

Back in March (St. Patrick's weekend to be precise) I went to see The Neighbourhood performing in Birmingham. The concert was completely awesome and I had a ball of a time! The energy this band bring to the stage is electric and the crowd was completely into it. The supporting acts were also pretty decent although Kevin Abstract found the enthusiasm a little underwhelming and left the stage with a unceremonious, "BYE!". Pure win! In fairness though, it was a little obvious that everyone was just too hyped to see the main man take to the stage.

The line up was spot on, with the right mix between old and recent material and a few songs from their mixed tape. The crowd favourites were definitely "Afraid" (with everyone punctuating the "fuck you anyway!" in perfect synchronisation), "Wiped Out" (the guitar solo almost earned the band a stampede of overwhelmed fans) and of course "R.I.P. To My Youth".

I think my sister was completely starstruck for the first few songs because she was just standing there saying "Oh my god, oh-my-god, OHMYGOD!" :fan: ...and she had a point. They totally killed it with their awesome!

I'm so pumped to see them again at Leeds Music Festival in August! Before all that though, we'll be going to Longitude to see The National. I know they are going to be amazing so that will justify all the overtime! :lew:

Went to Longitude over this scorcher of a weekend and got completely burnt to a crisp; totally worth it though because The National were bloody awesome! It was fair obvious enough that lead singer Matt Berninger had been drinking a few before hitting the stage but even with the additional pint he brought along with him to greet the cheering fans, he put on one hell of a good show. The group is a pretty cohesive unit on stage and each bring a unique vibe to the performance which left us all raptured for the hour and a half they were on stage. It was something special to hear some new tracks from them too, and on the way back to the hotel that night, many were speculating when their new album would be out! The new songs were pretty well polished and still had the pure "National" sound; these guys are no sell outs (they "won't fuck us over" ♪ and all that jazz!)

Given that The National were going to be completely great and were the reason many were going in the first place, this didn't mean that the rest of the festival performances were poor in comparison. Far from it!

Creep started the third day of the festival off on main stage and although the venue was pretty empty at the time, they clearly had a ball. Honestly I hadn't heard an awful lot of their stuff before as they are a relatively new band that mostly stick to the Dublin region. Buuut they clearly know how to command a stage (must be all that practice they get trying to keep people focused when playing in Dublin pubs - no better trial by fire)! Anyways, really like their sound and they gave the day a great kick off.

The indie rock group Ham Sandwich rocked the main stage during their mid day slot . Their happy, almost family like attitude was pretty infectious and I simply love their song "Illuminate"! ♥

Courtney Barnett was playing also and she was good too. I don't know, I just find some of her stuff kind of repetative so I wasn't half as into it as others were. Suffice it to say, I was all too happy to leave main stage to see Chirstine and the Queens instead. Sorry Courtney!

Christine and The Queens absolutely blew everyone away with sheer energy alone. Along with the epic song line-up, the tent stayed packed throughout the hour she was there; I was really impressed and loved every minute. She even had what I dubbed "Yuna Dancers" on stage - like those back up guys in the FFX-2 opening, except way better! :lew: It's been a while since I've actually seen dancers backing up a singer on stage! Once upon a time it was the biggest cliché, now it has come full circle back to epic again.

And yeah, then there was Father John Misty or as my sister and I call him - Autotune Jesus II. He comes out on stage, you expect one thing from this middle aged Jesus-esque bloke and then BOOM! he's rockin' away! Actually he sounded to me to be something akinned to "The New Willie Nelson", but nah, not so much. His folk rock (hence the reference to Willie Nelson) material does sound different enough from his indie rock songs but somehow he makes it work together in the same performance. Don't ask me how. Must be the sunglasses... :hmmm:

Anyways, had a great time at Longitude, was totally epic - sunburn nonwithstanding. Roll on Leeds Festival!!!! \m/

Maybe next time I'll remember the sunscreen......

Back