What was the last concert you went to?

I work in China and I saw "The Eagles" perfom in Beijing this year. I found it excellent because they still sound great after 40 years and also Don Henley and Joe Walsh both played all of their solo stuff. It was an indoor concert with about 15,000 people.

The last gig I went to waaaas, The Pretty Reckless (I think). Who were surprisingly pretty good.

Last Concert I went to was Panic! At the disco, on the date in my signature, man what an awesome gig that was, as you can tell I'm a little obsessed with them, Brendon Urie especially, he's just sooo musically talented, and has amazing stage presence, I mean I saw not long ago he broke his ankle at a gig, and he just laughed about it, what. a. hero! Plus he's hot :ryan:.

I've seen them twice now as well.

Here's a video I recorded from the gig! I can't stop watching them!

I went to see Take That's Progress Tour last night.

It was brilliant. The Pet Shop Boys opened up and whilst I probably missed three quarters of their time onstage, I thought it was a good support act. I'm not really a fan of them, but they did put on a good show.

Didn't have to wait too long for the four-piece version of Take That to come on and perform their stuff in between reforming and the time that Robbie returned. Very solid indeed. Shame that the crowd weren't as enthusiastic as the one I was in two years ago at The Circus Tour.

When they went off, Robbie Williams quite literally flew into the stage. I'm not his biggest fan, but he put on a great show for his half an hour set of solo songs. A bit of chatting in between songs and super injunction banter made it hilarious.

It was quite emotional seeing all five of them together onstage later, though. They put on the best show ever, even though their robot (affectionately named Om xD) stole the show sometimes.

Simply put, the best concert I've been to. So far.

I could say Concert, but that wouldnt be correct, I went to Sonisphere Festival this weekend so that would make it a concert of a lot of bands.

I went to Provinssirock festival. Main acts were Avenged Sevenfold, Pendulum and System Of A Down. I had to go there because it was the first (and probably the only) time SOAD would perform in Finland. Avenged 7x was great and M.Shadows was surprisingly charismatic. I was little disappointed in Pendulum because it seemed to be "just another gig" for them. Also the Finnish crowd was so drunk and crazy that it was horrible to get crushed by fat and smelly rednecks. SOAD was simply mindblowing and I enjoyed the gig so much! People around me kept staring at me while I pogoed and moshed like maniac through the whole set!:tard:

Laura Marling

She was so great, I saw her in Vicar St. which is a really nice small venue and I was very close to the stage. We were meant to be further back on the balconies, but there was no staff on the door so we slipped into the stage side area.

Her opening act was fairly shit I must say, nothing impressive at all though one of them had great tits. She opened with a new song, and played some more new stuff throughout which was great to hear, and now I can't wait for the new album next month.

She only has one story she tells the crowd(which she mentions herself) though she still had good banter with the audience. She is a really shy performer but her music still blew away her album recordings.

i saw arcade fire a couple of days ago at the m.e.n. arena, supported by noah & the whale. it was a really impressive set, they played almost all of their best songs (i'd have liked a couple more from neon bible). they have a fantastic presence on the stage which made an equally fantastic atmosphere, which is impressive for a big arena like the m.e.n.

Pulp at Reading! 10/10.

They were the highlight of the festival on Saturday (I went for the day). Their entire performance was incredible. I didn't see it from the front, but they used the set well and Jarvis Cocker engaged well with the audience. His singing was great too - he has preserved his voice well. :) (I gave him brownie points for also being the ONLY lead to thank his team at the end).

Evanescence at their 2nd to last concert or something like that. Soooo long ago now, band broke up, but Amy Lee is releasing a new album soon! *excitement*

The man and I went to see Buckethead in New Haven last night. He's a huge fan. I actually haven't heard a lot of Buckethead's music but the concert was fantastic; he really is a talented player. I've never been to a concert that was all instrumental but I was pretty impressed. The opening act was a guy playing and singing through an electric tuba. That was pretty fascinating too. xD

The concert was in a small venue, a nightclub on Yale campus. It was pretty cool though because we were actually right in front of the stage. Being short, I'm usually stuck in the back behind a few tall people so actually being in front was nice for a change.

Last concert I went to (don't judge haha) was Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj.
The day before that concert, I actually went to NYC to see Nicki perform on Good Morning America, and let me tell you, she is definitely and amazing performer.

The Britney concert was actually a lot better then I thought it would be. I saw Britney a good 8 years ago or something, and it was eh. What surprised me the most was that she actually SANG most of the songs. I'd say it was 80/20, and that 20 is what she lipsynced. I was actually pretty happy that I went. (And Lady Gaga just happened to be in the audience)

My next show is actually deadmau5. I'm seeing him in Philly on Sept 23 and Atlantic City Sept 24. And then I'm seeing Evanescence in October.

Okay so, I have only attended one single concert in my entire life. It happened this year and it was too amazing to properly describe.
I'll tell you guys this: my favorite band is Girugamesh; they're a Japanese band which means that I never thought them coming to the US. So when I heard that they were coming to the US, you could have imaged the feels that I had and the mini heart attack that I had. Girugamesh came to the US and they wee gonna play in New York which meant that I could go see them and I HAD to go see them!
So, I dragged a friend of mine with me--because there was no way I could handle going on my own and I would have been crushed if I didn't get to see them--and went to see them. They were...amazing. I fucked loved them and I learned a few things about them that night:
ShuU and Nii are not photogenic at all. They look amazing in person, so much better than their pictures.
Satoshi has the warmest, softest hands ever.
Ryo likes to wear kilts.
Anyways, I got to meet them and I got their autographs on their newest album. I am a happy man and I hope to see them someday again. <3

EDIT: I hope I'm ok for not quite posting one that I saw last night.... I didn't go to one last night, but noticed I haven't posted in this thread at all, and hence why I am posting.

I don't tend to go and see very many bands. In fact I could count the number of bands that I have seen live on a pig's foot.

The last actual band that I saw perform was The Cruxshadows and Deviant UK in 2008. Two fairly peculiar bands, semi-gothic and electronic.

The latest musical performance that I went to was Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds. I saw that a year ago, in December 2010. I'm counting this only because it was not really a stage show or anything, and because it was so awesome that it goes beyond that.

Of the original singers who performed on the album, they still did a good job live. Of the new people who took over the roles of the original singers, Jason Donovan was the best at both singing, but also acting. He performed his role as the Artilleryman very well. Jeff Wayne was also there conducting, etc.

The musical did not have a backdrop or anything, but it did have a large screen which played out pre-recorded scenes with actors in. The martians and fighting machines would be seen on this too, as well as the Thunderchild, etc. Basically, the plot unfolded on the screen behind the orchestra and band, and when singers came on to sing and act then there would be quite a combination.

There also was a fighting machine which came down and started firing heat rays into the audience. No-one died because they were really just searchlights, flashing lights and balls of fire being let off, but the effect was good.

They had the late Richard Burton narrating via holographic image, which was a very nice touch. Having another narrator would have been tricky to follow that.

I'd definitely recommend it, or if you haven't heard of it I'd recommend listening to the original recording of the musical.

I attended Wembley Arena on Saturday night to see Machine Head with Bring Me the Horizon, DevilDriver and Darkest Hour.

However due to the fact I met a hot lass that drank Bourbon, we stayed too long at the nearby Wetherspoons resulting in completely missing Darkest Hour and DevilDriver. Not too fussed about Darkest Hour but I wanted to catch DevilDriver. Nevermind.

I detest Bring Me the Horizon so that time was spent at the bar and smoking area, continuing my pursuit of hot lass. It was incredible to see how many people were outside during that time, as the arena is a big place (one of the largest venues in the country) and I find it hard to imagine BMtH playing to any more than a few handful of people that night.

Machine Head came on next and it was fucking incredible. By this time I was rather drunk so don't remember much of it as such, but I did have a great time. The set list was great, the performance was awesome and the crowd brought it good. and I got a quick snog from hot lass after I stumbled out of an intense mosh-pit. Score.

Though we missed 3 out of the 5 bands (one was intentional) it was a great night. I hope Machine Head get announced for one of the summer festivals this time, hopefully even a headline slot at Sonisphere, because I would really like to see them again.

i saw kasabian at the m.e.n arena tonight, and they were incredible again. they're so good at generating an atmosphere in a big crowd, which makes it a brilliant show to watch. they did all of their biggest and best known songs, and i was surprised at how many they did from west ryder pauper lunatic asylum. the only song i think was missing from the set list was let's roll just like we used to :hmmm:

Went to the Big Day Out last week. This year there was a fair bit of controversy over it. Firstly the lineup seemed to fall short of a lot of people's expectations; Kanye West was announced as a headliner. But later it was announced that several acts would be pulled from Auckland, Perth and Adelaide (including Kanye) which left a lot of punters feeling cheated.

When I first arrived there I could see the effects of this. The festival seemed comparatively dead when compared to past Big Day Out's. There were only a couple of hundred people at the main stage. But it started picking up later on. Some of the highlights of the day for me were Mariachi el Bronx (who were initially removed from the Adelaide line up), Battles and watching Tony Hawk while the Living End played was pretty fucking cool.

The definate highlight for me was the Bronx who technically played two sets. One under their alter ego 'Mariachi el Bronx' and one normal (hardcore punk) set. The latter was exclusive to Adelaide and Perth and was by far the highlight of the day.

I also saw Kasabian, Odd Future, Soundgarden and Noel Gallagher's Solo project. But the Bronx definitely stole the show for me. Not bad for a band that was not initially on the bill.

All in all it was a great day.

Beats Antique. It was a really interesting experience-- normally I attend black metal shows/metal shows in general, but these guys (and gal) are kind of electro/tribal fusion with middle eastern elements. It wasn't just a concert; they put on a whole show, with dancers in elaborate costumes and masks, lots of props, and at one point two of the dancers jumped in a life raft and threw themselves into the audience, who held them up as they surfed all the way to the back. :) The audience was all dressed up, some wore masks, but everybody was dancing and it wasn't your typical nightclub dance; it was people genuinely enjoying themselves, not caring about how sexy they looked. Everybody just wanted to have fun.

Next up is Behemoth/Watain/The Devil's Blood/In Solitude. It will be insane. I'm stoked.

I watched Snow Patrol with the boy a couple of weeks ago. Must admit I wasnt really expecting much, and we were both ill, which didnt help, but it was actually really good. There was loads of crowd banter which is always good

Last two gigs I went to was Mastodon on the 5th of this month and then, two days later, Alestorm on the 7th. Bristol O2 Academy and Bristol Fleece respectively.

Mastodon were fucking incredible. Played a fair bit of new material from 'The Hunter' including bringing out some people and crew from the other bands on the bill to sing along to 'The Creature Lives'. They also played some of their better stuff from the back catalogue. Support was from Red Fang (though I missed them in favor of eating a steak across the road) and The Dillinger Escape Plan who were also pretty cool to watch. All in all a fantastic night that was only hindered slightly by a fat twat wearing a red t-shirt up front, pushing people behind him back so much they ended up in a mosh pit against their will. No need for that shit.

Alestorm was a booze-fuelled laugh. A sold out small venue was perfect for them. Pirate dress up and some dude who pulled off Jack Sparrow brilliantly. Alestorm over ran, playing about 5 more songs than originally planned which meant a rather expensive taxi home. Perhaps I shouldn't of introduced my lady friend to Jagermissiles, however. She got rather too... feisty so to speak. :wacky:

Back