More FF Movies??

davias200

Gil
Well as FF7 Advent children was very successful,
Do you think they should continue making the classic gaming series and convert them to CGI movies?

I personally found Advent Children a very underwhelming film that didn't even need to be made in the first place. I'm not fully sure how well it's done - I think it did win a couple of awards and it was like Japan's best-selling DVD at the time of the release. So I'll probably be lying to myself if I said that AC wasn't a success in some way.

I don't think SE should make anymore movies. I wasn't impressed by either AC or Spirits Within. They should do what they do best - make the FF games (though I'm quickly losing faith in them at this rate). Nowadays (particularly in FFXIII), there is enough CGI to make you forget that you're playing a game.

If they were to make another movie

Which game would you like it to be based on and why?

I would personally go for X. I think that if they put enough time into it and make it longer than Advent Children, it could be a really great movie. With the animation capabilities that they have now they could make the fight scenes epic, and because of the pilgrimage i think it could follow the lotr style.

Last edited:
IX had a great story line, I think it would be better than VII as a movie tbh.

I have seen that SE had announced new movie. It is known as Final fantasy 10. I thought that SE would be not improve and also not introduce any movie as soon as far. But I have still wrong figured out. I wish that It should be so far as my thought.

I want go for IIX . I think that It had been made good strategy of the player and also vocal stage. I was seen that When It was being launched, There were so rush of the people toward for it. I have already got it. I have enjoyed more with that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advent children was kinda good. i didn't real like the story. But id like to see more FF movies.

definetly X but also a little bit of X2. Like yuna getting the sphere and looking for Tidus, then end it with the happy X2 ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen that SE had announced new movie. It is known as Final fantasy 10.

Im sorry, but where have they announced a Final Fantasy 10 movie? Link, pics? Anything? If so, it would have been all over the site.

And to be honest AC was ok, but it wasnt AMAZING as the fanboys shriek. I wouldnt mind seeing one of the older Final Fantasys as a CGI movie. When they were originally made there wasnt any CGI, but now it would be great seeing them in CGI to the old style pixels.

I have seen that SE had announced new movie. It is known as Final fantasy 10.

I can honestly tell you that they haven't. I don't know where that was from, but you must have been reading up an incorrect rumour or piece of speculation. FFX will not be made a movie (if it's just a movie re-telling of the game, what is the point?) and SE currently have no plans to make another movie - at least nothing they've disclosed at the moment.

I think the games are meant to stay as games to be honest :hmmm:

Idunno, I just don't think it would be as good if they started making FF into movies for some reason :hmmm:

AC was an okay movie for me but I just don't know-- it would take a lot of time and I wouldn't want important things being cut out from the movie that were essential to the game because of the time =/

Spirits Within wasn't a great movie whatsoever IMO.

So, I say no to the whole concept.

I think the games are meant to stay as games to be honest :hmmm:

I agree actually some games aren't meant to be movies (espicially Final Fantasy Series)
I would be hard to come up with a plot and then make it interesting and have it correspond with the game

I only want another Final Fantasy movie if they put in the effort to not only make a great looking film but have a great story to it too. Any movie is worth it if the creators care enough about making the story a good one and the actors care to put on a good performance.

I don't really want another Final Fantasy movie based on the game's as the game's ended that they can't really make a movie I know that in FF VII Advent Children they carried the story on well but I don't think they could do that for any of the other game's.

I do want a Final Fantasy movie one that has it's own unique story maybe like the one's in the earlier game's involving crystal's and putting in some key feature's from different Final Fantasy's like Magic, Limit Break's, Summon's, Sword's, Black Mage, potion's, Airship, Chocobo's and Monster's like Behemoth Cactuar Tonberry and Flan now a film with all that in it would be a great film to watch.

I can't help but want a Final Fantasy IX movie to come out. I love the game. The story is so rich along with the characters. You could make a very compelling story with the material they have from IX.

Never will happen.

They lost way too much money from the Spirits within plus Sakaguichi was forced to leave Square.
I am sure they don't want to risk a repeat of that.

I think it would be nice if they made a FFI movie. There would be a lot of room for plot integration and bad ass, chivalrous awe.
The 1st one should deserve to be a movie before any of them, I think. It's solid and original.

I think it would be nice if they made a FFI movie. There would be a lot of room for plot integration and bad ass, chivalrous awe.
The 1st one should deserve to be a movie before any of them, I think. It's solid and original.

I've got to second this. Even attempting to convert a FF with solid and lengthy plot into a movie would likely end in disaster. By taking something simple, bare-bones, and iconic, there'd be little room for error, and lots of room for quality.

Sadly, as was already said, after the fantastic Spirits Within incident, there's not likely going to be any films beyond more additions to super popular FFs. Probably another FF7 movie if anything.

I've got to second this. Even attempting to convert a FF with solid and lengthy plot into a movie would likely end in disaster. By taking something simple, bare-bones, and iconic, there'd be little room for error, and lots of room for quality.

Sadly, as was already said, after the fantastic Spirits Within incident, there's not likely going to be any films beyond more additions to super popular FFs. Probably another FF7 movie if anything.

That does make sense to go with the more popular ones. So if that were the case, there best bet would be to make a FFX movie, it's the second most selling game in Square Enix history after FFVII, but I FFIX is also a top selling one too. However I'm definitely being bias in opinion, it is my favorite FF.

That does make sense to go with the more popular ones. So if that were the case, there best bet would be to make a FFX movie, it's the second most selling game in Square Enix history after FFVII, but I FFIX is also a top selling one too. However I'm definitely being bias in opinion, it is my favorite FF.

I would have to disagree. FFI would be epic. It's simple story alows it to be open to cinematic creativity. There is much room for plot integration, as I said before, and it would be something that every FF fan would watch. I, for example, would never watch a FFX movie. That game is ridiculously overrated and becomes redundant.
And even though I love FFIX, it just wouldn't be iconic how a truly epic FF movie would have to be!!!
Lol, I got the vision in my head. I wanna direct it :D

I would have to disagree. FFI would be epic. It's simple story alows it to be open to cinematic creativity. There is much room for plot integration, as I said before, and it would be something that every FF fan would watch. I, for example, would never watch a FFX movie. That game is ridiculously overrated and becomes redundant.
And even though I love FFIX, it just wouldn't be iconic how a truly epic FF movie would have to be!!!
Lol, I got the vision in my head. I wanna direct it :D

Sweet. Let's collaborate and direct it together. I'm sure we'd do a better job. haha

As for saying FFX would be next I was basing it soley on sales, which I'm sure was a core reason as to why FFVII got so many spinoffs as well.

Back