Blank?

Prima_Vista

Gil
Does anyone else think blank shoulda been in the game more? i mean yea blank did do a few important things like in the evil forest an everything. idk why but i just really liked that character. :(

Blank should have been one of the main characters. He was just that cool. Especially his fighting stance. He was just so laid back. Cool, calm, and collected.

In before close?

If he'd put some friggin' pants on and lift up that stupid Texas Chainsaw Massacre bandana thing so he could see :rage: jk jk jk

Blank was actually pretty cool, his buddy-buddy relationship with Zidane was always welcomed I felt. But now that I think about it he had good screen time (if you could call it that). And if he was a main character we'd have two thieves :/ unless....They made him a ninja! :gasp:

i think you could get an interestin spin off game outta the gang..doin missions an such around the various towns, makin robberies, even just a lil flash game :p

agreed. i love pretty much anything ffix. its my all time facorite one. yes more than vii lol. woo go tantalus

I totally agree 100%

Blank, was just awesome :ryan: He as a character made me chuckle xD. Not to mention, i'm sure he'd be a kickass party member. Just throw off either Quina or Amarant XD.

He sooo shoulda been more in the game.

He was just just great in IX =P

The more, the merrier :monster:

im sure he'd be a beter theif the Zidane at least mine, couldn't steal for shit :rage:

Not to mention, i'm sure he'd be a kickass party member. Just throw off either Quina or Amarant XD.

Agreed - I hardly ever used either Quina or Amarant. Both are quite underwhelming characters in my opinion. Blank should have filled one of the two's role in the game - with Beatrix filling the other of course. :ryan:

And I agree on whoever said Blank should be a ninja and not a thief. Blank turned out to be one of my favourite secondary characters and he should have had a bigger role in the story rather than spending about a third of the game petrified.

Blank should have filled one of the two's role in the game - with Beatrix filling the other of course. :ryan:

I agree strongly. Beatrix would've made a fine addition to the party. Alas, Alexandria needed an authoritative figure whilst the superdeformed heroes were out to save the world and all that good stuff. Seriously though, Beatrix is an ideal character. I always get excited at the part where you get to beat those nasty mist spawns in Alexandria.

quina was fun :O blue magic wins!
beatrix yea...if you never want to be remotely challenged by ANY opponent.

bt yea either amarant or blank would make equally good ninja chars i think.

Never liked Blank much to be honest... After the first 10 minutes he's pretty pointless.

Can't believe some people are suggesting dropping Quina! The eat/cook facility was handy in my opinion.

I agree that Amarant was disappointing, I very rarely used him.

That, that and that. I'm more inclined to credit his Blue Magic over his exclusive ability/Trance though.

As for Blank, at least Beatrix had some skills you could use - Blank was a dumbed down version of Zidane (in combat ofc). Character-wise I did enjoy his relationship with Zidane, from what little exposure we had to it at the start. I'd have preferred it if Blank only appeared in the 'good' ending of the game, rather than actually getting his petrification cured half way through. Didn't give me anything to work with to bond with the character at all, which I really do feel is a shame.

I kind of wish that they made him the monk character instead of Armarant. He kind of looks like he could have been one and I would have been much more attached to him than Armarant. (Just give him all the skills that Armarant had and he'd be awesome)

I'm inclined to agree with Ali, Blank would have been much more interesting as the Monk character. Amarant was useful, but story wise he's pretty pointless. Giving Blank all of Amarant's skills would have made him a useful, but more important, character.

Then again, in my opinion, it's inexcusable that Beatrix isn't in the party forever, it just doesn't make sense at all, she would have been much more useful than Amarant, and I'd rather have her than Blank xD

I just don't see the appeal in Blank really, he's a good character and all, but there are better characters who should be in the main party.

^ Haha, Blank does look like a Monk from FFT xD

But to be honest, because Blank becomes...indisposed so quickly in the game, I got over any desire for wanting to have him in the party to be honest. I'm not against the idea of him as a playable character through out the game, I just don't care xD

But I think we get plenty of diversity for lots of guest characters, so saying how you wanted Beatrix and other NPCs as permanent party members, if we didn't even get a taste of what they were like in oirside of combat, I think not as many people would care :hmmm:

And whoa - am I the only one that liked Amarant's abilities? I admit story-wise, his complex/character was a little meh, but I always love using him.

yea i agree that he's too similar to zidane.

the best way to do it i think would be to have the two of them stuck back to back in a survival situation and blank would somehow have a similar weapon and similar skills to zidane no matter what you had, then blank would die in zidanes arms just before the party came to rescue :'(

It would've been interesting if he had been a different class, but that can't be helped if he's in a band of thieves after all. I would've liked to have seen more of him if I say so myself.

It would have been odd storywise to have Blank in the party. Seeing as one of the sidestories is getting him the supersoft. But he would have made a good edition to the party, wonder what Ipsen castle would have been if Blank was inculded.

i agree blank should have been a main character he did some pretty good things to bad he got turned to stone(did they ever cure him of that??) the guy was like zidane's best friend i think they really could have gave him good role as a MC

And if he was a main character we'd have two thieves :/ unless....They made him a ninja! :gasp:

I kinda thought Blank had already looked like a Ninja when I first saw him. Maybe it was that headband that he was always wearing.

I dunno. I think if people really wanted him to be in the party, they would probably gameshark it.

I loved Blank, and would have wished he would have been a main character in the game. Idk if it was his look, the way he fights, how he and Zidane interact, but he was one of my favorites from the game.

And about Beatrix, agree 100%. I would easily trade Steiner's ass for her in a heart beat. Let Alexandria take Steiner, and I'll take Beatrix and her Seiken magic any day of the week. She was my all-time fav from the game.

Back