Fast food, love it or hate it?

• Thread starter John Marston
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I dont love fast food, but I dont hate it. However, looking at a McDonalds burger makes me wanna vomit because of how awful that restaurant is as far as food goes. I'm not a prude about eating out tho. I love me some Taco Bell, Arby's, and various other places. If somebody wanted to go somewhere and grab a bite to eat I'd join them.
Unless it was Mickie Dees..... then I'm just out. :mokken:

I really don't love or hate fast food. I'd prefer a home cooked meal or a nice sit down to eat restaurant. If I do go the fast food route it's probably going to be Arby's, chick-fil-a or grab a $5 pizza from little caesars . I do really like the convenience of fast food but the taste is nothing compared to something that is home cooked IMO

Meh, depends what fast food right? Let's break a few of them down:

1) McDonalds

* Soy buns and meat that doesn't age it seems.
* over usage of condiments. They love their mayo, their sauce, their ketchup.. all of that is loaded with crap calories.
* their service.. let's face it, most McDonalds are terribly managed and 1 out 6 orders you get have stuff missing
* Their chicken is not healthy and is the fattiest thing on the menu aside from a milk shake
* Their grease is used consistently through the day.. Fish / Fries and you name it.. they fry in the same goo.

2) Taco Bell

* Tears your stomach out
* Tacos are cheap and their meat is too.
* Their Beans / Their Sour Cream.. have you even wondered where they come out of?
* Their establishments are always filthy. I have been to many, and when looking in the back, it seems they need a curtain.
* The tacos that are good... well I'm sure they aren't good for you.

3) Burger King

* It's okay, but they have a habit of burning bread when toasting it.
* They sometimes over dry their meat, and cover it up with too many condiments. (Ketchup/Mayo burger!)
* I do like their cinnamon rolls, but come on.. I could eat 4 of them and not be full but still have gained 430 calories of crap.

4) Subway

* Too much bread
* Sandwiches are okay.. Bread is hardly ever fresh though.
* Best for you, but still .. it's a sandwich, go to the store and buy you bread and a meat.. then veggies. You will get more out of it.

I reported these because they are the main fast foods around my area.

So overall I don't generally eat at them, though for places like Back Yard Burger, sure every now and again.. Though I don't frequent them. Love and Hate is not.. a really good way to describe these things.

I appreciate that there is information arising to inform us of the health factors, or lack thereof, from fast and processed foods. Processed food, quite literally, is poison for the body. It kills thousands of people every year. However, in moderation it is okay.

I try to eat 90% organic, non-meat foods. It's what humans are meant to eat. It gives us energy, clear skin, sharper vision, intelligence, etc. Poor eating habits and foods are really a tragic advancement in human civilization, and it's very hard to reverse.

I don't mind it, and I'll eat it on road-trips, or when I work a double shift at work, but I really do hate eating it more than twice a week. my wife won't touch it at all. The closest she'll come to eating it will be Subway if you count that. So nah, fast food is ok, as long as it's not over-done.

I never been a fast food lover. I just don't like their food quality. I prefer to eat on a nice restaurant like Olive Garden, T. G. Friday, etc. Fast Food are not that healthy too if you think about it.

I try to avoid it as much as possible, but it is difficult when you practically spend your day on the road in a truck.

I really hate it when a place doesn't have Sprite Zero or Diet Dr Pepper but has Diet PoopCoke. It would be cool if more places had those really new and fancy drink machines.

like... you can literally make vanilla grape sprite. it's crazy.

So much hate for the fast food! While I don't particularly care about places like McDonalds/Burger King/KFC etc, I do love me a chinese takeaway. I'd have it every day if you weren't programmed to get sick of something when you eat it too much. Right now, I have one a week (Friday nights), but when I was in uni, it'd be much more common.

No one can say no to a prawn ball :mokken:

I like ingesting fast food however most effective up to some extent. After a while, you could already taste the preservatives and I suppose it truly is not correct for the health. But, I do love it--I might occasionally have McDonalds that cook in smoker for breakfast because there is one close to my uni. I also consider a time once I got a each day longing for curly fries. :wacky: Oh, and I'm a massive fan of KFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back