Fast food, love it or hate it?

• Thread starter John Marston
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
It makes me sick thinking about it but I still eat it - I actually hit places up for breakfast on the way to work more than anything. An Egg McMuffin isn't too much of a gut bomb and I usually don't touch the hash browns.

I generally don't like the burger places. Haven't had Burger King in probably 5-6 years and eat McDonalds for lunch/dinner maybe a 2-3 times a year. Same with Wendy's. I love Sonic but the closest one is 45 minutes away so I'll only stop there if I happen to be going by. I'd much rather just throw a burger on the grill.

I really like Chick Fil-A as you can at least get something relatively healthy and their breakfast burritos are pretty good as well. I'd like to be embalmed with their honey roasted BBQ sauce when I die.

Taco Bell is a late-night guily pleasure - especially when they have the Cheesy Gordita Crunch on the menu.

My real downfall is Chipotle - it's a sin (most burritos have > 1,000 calories) but sometimes I can't help it.

Not sure if Boston Market counts as fast food but that's another one.

I generaly stay away from fast food. I might go to wendy's every now and then. i'm a bit of a fitness junkie so i really don't like to eat fast food. But if you want a fast food meal that will make you full i would suggest wendy's they have allot off meals that will make you full.

I like fast food, usually I get subway, because it's the closest to uni and you get a discount for being a student. When I'm not at uni it depends what kind of mood I'm in, if I'm feeling lazy, the idea of having to stand in a queue and then being interrogated about what I want usually puts me off. It also depends on what I feel like having, if I want chips then I go to KFC because they have the best chips, otherwise it's Burger King. I usually feel slightly ashamed that I've eaten so much grease, but it doesn't really bother me.

Honestly I love fastfood, but do I eat the crap all the time? Not really.. I mean McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Checkers, Popeyes, Arbies.. etc.. are over the top make me feel like I just a bucket of lard. Which is a good feeling at the time of eating, but when trying to get anything else done in the day.. meh.

I don't consider Subway to be fast food nor any other deli, just because I can see it prepared right in front of me. There's no drive through or anything of where I go. I get full of their sandwiches hince the reason I love it the most. Quisnos, Newks, Fire House Subs, Jersey Mikes, Lenny's all put to much of something on it whether it be condiments or bread or the meat is off.

I could eat fast food every day of my life, but I don't like feeling constipated, nor breaking out like a motha fawker. Also it's cheaper now for me to make my own food out the house whether it be cooking on the grill or making a sandwhich.

So that's that.

I quite like fast food just because it's quick and tasty. There's a Subway on the street corner where the engineering building is and I always find myself in there getting the sub of the day. The McDonalds is a bit of a walk away but I sometimes go there as well.

I don't ever crave it or want to eat it. I just end up doing so. I pretty much prefer home cooked food. :ryan:

I really couldn't care less what's in it either. It tastes nice and as long as I balance it out with healthy eating and exercise...

Last edited:
I don't really get out to be even possibly getting some food from a fast food place to eat, but I do like to have some Burgers from McDonalds when I do, they taste pretty good imo, and don't fill me up too much, so it isn't overeating at least. :P

Favorite fast food chain would have to be Jack in the Box. Specifically the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger. It's just so damned tasty. I have one at least once a month, because I'm trying to cut back on the fast food.

Supersize Me made me crave McDonalds............

I LOVE Fast Food, depending on what type it is. Really enjoy the double cheeseburgers from McDonalds, yet I'm not big on Burgerking because theres no 99p menu. KFC, love it but sometimes it can be sickening.

Prefer fish and chips or curry, honestly. Pizza depends on where you buy it from.

I use to have a real problem with fast food, getting it everynight, so I've now cut it down to once a week (although when im drunk i find my way to a 24hour mcdonalds and forget I went the next morning).

It's alright every now and then, but not all the time, i mean I wouldnt want a big mac over a proper burger given the choice....not that i LIKE burgers, so uh, lets go with chicken burgers instead

I love KFC though.....

But I couldnt have it all the time...it's just...alright..

But I couldnt have it all the time...it's just...alright..

This, for me too. :hmmm:

I like eating fast food but only up to a point. After a while, you can already taste the preservatives and I think that's not good for the health. But, I do like it--I would sometimes have McDonalds for breakfast because there's one near my uni. I also remember a time when I got a daily craving for curly fries. :wacky: Oh, and I'm a big fan of KFC.

Although between fast food and regular home-cooked meals, I would usually choose the latter.

I worked at KFC for 3 years during high school so that's one that I rarely touch. Not that I think the food is awful or worse than anywhere else - I just picked at it so much over that 3 years that I lost almost all craving for it. They also had a habit of killing the most popular things on the menu for reasons I can't comprehend (Chicken Littles, French Fries, etc).

If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer. :D

(No I don't know the recipie per se - it came in unmarked packets that were shipped in unmarked boxes - but I think I know what the 11 components are)

I think I eat fastfood twice a month max.....
I personaly thinks its far to bad to be eaten regularly but in moderation its fine.
Once one starts eating it on a daily basis then I think one needs to consider their health a bit more.

Here's a lovely little story. My friend ate at Mc Donalds the other day and found a rat tail in her fries. XD

What's lovely is that it was probably the most healthy part of the meal.

I eat fast food too often. I usually end up going out with my friends to get like Wendy's or something. The decent thing about eating fast food often is that, after awhile, you actually get used to feeling like crap. Nausea ain't got no hold on me. But, honestly, I mostly just eat it because I'm kinda impatient and don't really like taking the time to cook food properly.

I worked at KFC for 3 years during high school so that's one that I rarely touch. Not that I think the food is awful or worse than anywhere else - I just picked at it so much over that 3 years that I lost almost all craving for it. They also had a habit of killing the most popular things on the menu for reasons I can't comprehend (Chicken Littles, French Fries, etc).

If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer. :D

(No I don't know the recipie per se - it came in unmarked packets that were shipped in unmarked boxes - but I think I know what the 11 components are)
I gotta know the ingredients. :britt:

Okay, I like some fast food places--Checker's(Rally's) Burger King. But if they're not either of those places, then no. >.<

I gotta know the ingredients. :britt:

The ingredients KFC uses are actually pretty decent quality. All the chicken is fresh from Purdue or Tyson. It's brined in a mixture of water and various types of salt for about an hour in a tumbling machine. The secret blend is mixed with regular flour and the chicken is dredged in it then pressure fried in 350 degree shortening (shortening - i.e. the oil - comes in huge 50 lb blocks that are melted in the fryer).

As far as the secret - I don't know the proportions but I think I know most of the parts:

- Salt
- Black Pepper
- White Pepper
- Sage
- Oregano
- Parsley
- Rosemary
- Thyme
- Chili Powder or Paprika (not sure)
- Garlic Powder
- Celery Salt

Well i dont mind fast food i kno its unhealthy but nowadays what isnt XD (just kidding) but the prices are rather expensive so id much rather have sumthin at home or go out with my friends to I Hop :awesome:

i hate to love it. Pretty much love every fast food restaurant (except Hardee's and Burger King, gag) and eat it..once a week, sometimes twice? I know it's bad but...it's just so easy.

Back