Beatrix Spin off?

eildon_caller

ShinRa Guard
Gil
i was on another thread about how beatrix should be a secret character, and it got me thinking- maybe the should make a spin-off game for psp about Beatrix point of view of the FF9 story, and if not her someones else point of view. what do you guys think?
:beatrix:

Sounds good. I would play it :D
And your sig is wrong. That quote is Eiko's. :D

If you wanted Vivi's, it's...

"Sorrow. How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

I really do not want to see any sequels or spin offs to IX. I thought the game was very complete the way it was and the last thing I want is for it to turn into another VII with it's ridiculous compilation. And considering the way Square handles their spin offs and sequels, I can't imagine that it would be any good.

Besides, Beatrix is one of those "less is more" characters.

thats actually a really good idea, i mean it could be similar to Crisis core, in telling her story before the events of FFIX, like how she became so powerful and how she got so high up in the ranks of the Alexandria army all the way to the left hand of the Queen

Sounds good. I would play it :D
And your sig is wrong. That quote is Eiko's. :D

If you wanted Vivi's, it's...

"Sorrow. How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

oh trust me i know the quotes i just like eikos over Vivi's :)

thats actually a really good idea, i mean it could be similar to Crisis core, in telling her story before the events of FFIX, like how she became so powerful and how she got so high up in the ranks of the Alexandria army all the way to the left hand of the Queen
inever thought of that!
i just thought of her one side of the story, but it would be interesting to have more information on her origin and what she did to become top dog of the female knights, but as someone pointed out above, it would be a shame, to have the nice simple story of FFIX to turn into a complicated storyline with WAY to many spin offs, if they do decide to make it id play it, if not no big deal. :D

I really do not want to see any sequels or spin offs to IX. I thought the game was very complete the way it was and the last thing I want is for it to turn into another VII with it's ridiculous compilation. And considering the way Square handles their spin offs and sequels, I can't imagine that it would be any good.

I completely agree with Rydia. I loved IX but, I don't want it to turn into VII where there's all these spinoffs/etc. I liked the story of IX and enjoyed the game. I personally, wouldn't want this to happen. It just wouldn't feel right. Idunno, i would like for it to be left alone. Plus, SE should focus on other projects.

thank you! the last thing I wanna see is Square taking a piss all over FF9 with a sequel

Initially, I really loved the idea of a spinoff or a sequel to this game. That Beatrix idea for a game sounds fantastic. Thinking about it more though, I'm not a fan of the idea and I hope it never happens. I would hate to see them ruin a perfectly fantastic game and story with a sequel or spinoff. I just don't trust SE at all with anything like that with FF IX. I love this game and I'd hate to see them somehow ruin how special it is :sad3:

i maybe the should make a spin-off game for psp about Beatrix point of view of the FF9 story, and if not her someones else point of view. what do you guys think?

Oh gawd pls no no no :gonk:

That, In my opinion, would be an absolutely horrible idea! While I love Beatrix as a character, she isn't really a main character. I think about it and I think of why? What would the story of her Point of view do for the game? Okay, yeah, it's from a different characters perspective but for what purpose? Is FF IX is any shape, way or form incomplete? Does it really need input from another characters world? I hate hate hate hate did I mention hate spinoffs? One of the reasons why my love for KH has faded is because of all the add ons and spinoffs of the series. Some of these explained further into the story but some of them were useless and rather complicated to me. I feel like the only real reason any company makes those is for profit. Why would you jump KH on to hand-held? C'MON! :rage:

Definitely no to a spinoff. I've always wanted to know why they invented Amarant as a character when Beatrix could've easily joined your party at about the same time. She's probably one of the best NPCs in any Final Fantasy.

I say it should be either Beatrix and Blank. They were both significant supporting characters for the story. Like show what Blank went through after he was recovered from the Petrified Forest

Back