• Pre-owned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont care gimmee the game!!!!!

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Æon Flux

I dont discriminate I hate everyone equally
Gil
Ok in my boredom and curiosity,and after reading a thred about games, I was currious since im sorda anal I always want to buy my games brand new,ive also bought a few pre-owned games thet started not working a few hours in to them, so 50$ later-since I had to rebuy the game- I wondered why I just didnt buy the slightly more expensive one to begin with, hence why I now mostly always buy brand new games ,unless they are rediculiously priced because they are old.
So wich do you prefer and why?

If this dosent belong here or another thred is along this line feel free to do what one will with this^-^Sry If thats the case though

I always get games new, unless it is something that can't be just found in a store, then it is gotten off of ebay. >.>

So yeah, I prefer to get my video games brand new whenever possible, pre-owned games could have scratched discs/damaged cartridges. :hmmm:

I prefer new games. The last time I bought a used game (Grandia II) on 2007, it didn't work and kept freezing during the Intro so since then I've been buying new games. I broke that chain a few months ago when I bought Uncharted 2, used. After I made the purchase I kinda regretted it because it was only $5 more for a new copy. Should have just gotten that, but oh well. The game works fine and since it's a PS3 disc, well...they're pretty much scratch-resistance anyway. I made sure I checked the disc first before I agreed with the purchase and it looked like a brand-new copy. But on a general whole, I'm going to continue buying new games.

New games of course. But if im running low on money I buy pre owned ones. For example Uncharted 2 Among theives I got pre- owned. It was 10 bucks less then a new copy so I just took it. I still buy new games though. I just find its better, But If I relly need something badly ill buy pre owned.

Well brand new is always better i guess when it comes to the disc and whatnot--for the most part.

On the other hand, pre-owned saves you some money :hmmm:

I think i prefer brand new ones just because its new xD

depends though really. If the game price is cut off by a lot then maybe i'll take my chances.

I don't mind getting a second hand game if it is a lot cheaper. I can't always afford to shell out $100-$120 for a new PS3 game and I don't even buy them that often. Usually I'll wait until my birthday or Christmas so I can just get it as a present, in which case it will be a new copy. But if I'm able to find a cheap second hand copy I have no problem with buying it. I've never had any bad experiences with secondhand games and most shops offer something like a two week return policy hassle free.

So I guess I'm voting 'I don't care gimme the game'.

It depends on when I'm getting the game, how much it is, and how much I want it. Recently I've bought a lot of new games because they've been new releases, and the pre-owned price is only pennies below the new one. If the game is an old one that has been out for quite a while, I will always go for pre-owned, because new prices are ridiculous.
Most of the games I own are new, though...so I suppose my poll choice would be new~

What I said in another thread:

Honestly, I often look for used before new for the fact that I know it will be cheaper. I don't care if a game is second hand. As long as it works, that's all that matters to me.

In general, I am kind of a bargain hunter. If a used game is significantly cheaper than new, I'd get it. I remember I bought a used Grandia III game for 20 bucks while it was still in stores at new for 35+.

Granted, there's the perceived 100% Guarantee that new games won't be bad, but I guess I'm willing to take the risk for used. Honestly, only 2 used games crapped out on me compared to the plethora that's still in my collection over the years.

There was another thread on this sort of thing but it was for brand new and pre-owned items in general, so we'll keep this one up and running. =)

Anyway, I've always been one to buy all my games brand new, unless of course it is an older game that can only be found second hand these days.

I did however buy Uncharted 2 second hand. But seriously it was $100 brand new and only $60 second hand. It is only a fairly new game as well so I didn't think whoever owned it could have played it all that much. And it's blu ray. So there isn't much chance of any defects as such.

But usually I stick to brand new games. I just like knowing that it's my copy and that no one else has touched it. XD

Last edited:
Pre-owned will do me, unless its a game I really want and Im getting it the day its out or close too

Not had a problem with any pre-owneds yet. though going off my luck recently, watch them all explode -__-

Ony time I wont bother really, is when the price difference between new and pre-owned is like, hardly anything, whats the point in that?

If i can get a game cheaper second hand theres no way im paying more for it brand new. As it stands i think games are pretty overpriced anyway, so yeah, the cheaper the better.
It doesnt change anything besides that its had a previous owner. It works all the same so why pay more? I dont get it.

I'm voting "Don't care". If I can save money with a used game, I'll buy it. I've got a ton of used games in my collection, and none of them have ever crapped out on me yet. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe the game store I go to does a thorough job of checking their games. In fact, the only time I get new games is if they're new releases and I've been waiting for their release, in which case I'll usually preorder.

Actually, the only thing that I really don't like about used games is the stickers on them. They're a pain in the butt to peel off. Especially when they put the stickers on the actual box art underneath the plastic covers. Thanks for doing that, jerks at the game store. Also, I won't buy a used game unless it comes with the actual box art. I hate how some game stores have those crappy covers for their used games. No thanks.

No wonder. I thought I posted here already. Anyway it doesn't matter. I prefer new but if the game is practically new, fairly old, and just a a good amount cheaper than new then I may go for used but for the most part I prefer to buy my games new. So I guess I will say new.

As for condition with used games, I usually keep my games in a CD wallet so not having a case and manual is not that big of a deal with me.

I tend to buy games new. Unless I really need them and its only avaliable second hand. Its 50/50 with my game collection, some are new, others arent. But yeah, its a mixture.

Which do I prefer? Depends on price really, but I do like new games. Manuals smell nice :)

I actually don't mind whether I buy a game new or preowned. At the end of the day, it's the same game in the same box. A few scratches here and there, but they tend to work just as well - bar my preowned copy of a black label FFX that tends to go crazily slow at times.

Still, I tend to buy them new though. Rarely do I get a game at full price - has anyone seen games at their full prices nowadays? I saw Layton 2 for £34.99. It was a ridiculous price. So I get them cheaper after doing a bit of waiting. A preowned copy wouldn't cost any more significantly less, so it's no real financial loss getting it new.

But if I do see a desirable game with a large difference between the new copy price and the preowned price, I would go for the latter. Get a great game, spend a bit less for it - why not? :wacky:

I always try to get a game brand new. The problem I have with buying pre-owned games is that they would sometimes be too scratchy of a disc to read, so I end up wasting more money just to get it cleaned. It's not all that much for fixing, but it's still a few extra dollars out of my pocket. So yeah, I always try getting new games.

I'dont care as long as it works for me when i turn it on. why?, just in case some of you might want to know ,because to me new games cost 59 dollars may vary plus tax. new games works very very good because of course it's new but at times games break and you have to buy another one if you want to play the same game again.pre-owned games are cheaper than new games but has marks and other stuff on it depending on who had it last and they might not have the booklet for the game.Hmmm

There was another thread on this sort of thing but it was for brand new and pre-owned items in general, so we'll keep this one up and running. =)
Ah im sorry I should have hunted better for it instead of being lazy, in all honesty I would have rather not made a thred about it pooh!
But thank you!

I agree about the price thing though online I attempt to do always new but a few games ive wanted even used where like 200$ and quiite frankly I dont care how much I want a game over 60 $ and I am not going there

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like to buy everything new. I like to prevent myself from buying pre-owned games because they might start to crash in some parts of the game do to scratches. I guaranteed you that no one will like to waste money on something that doesn't work correctly.

I prefer brand-new. For the most part pre-owned stuff is in less than ideal condition and it kinda bothers me to own damaged goods. Occasionally you'll see pre-owned games that have never been opened and that's fine though :lew:

I only really buy one or two games a year at this point so it's not exactly breaking the bank anyway.

Back