[RP] Kingdom Hearts: Into The Dusk

~~~~~~
Chao
~~~~~~
"I do not want to talk about it."

Chao gave a squinty eyed stare of jovial suspicion before shrugging her shoulder. She has known Luna for quite a while and if she didn't want to talk about it, it was best not to. Instead, Chao turned her attention to the heartless obstacles that decided to show up to stop them. Luna threw a hail of blizzard spells that exploded like grenades while the fire warrior did not let up on her pace, charging headlong into the enemy under the cover of the spells. Quickly, the duo made short work of the opposition thrown at them.

"Do you think we are close, or is it just me?"

Hopefully, but i doubt it. We arent that far from the hangar bay that you guys infiltrated into. As a core component of the ship, i doubt it would be so easily accessible. We ARE closer though. It has to be in the most center of the ship.

Chao plastered herself against the wall at the next large intersection. Foolishly charging through could result in them being pinned and shot to pieces in a three way crossfire ambush. Glancing and clearing each passageway, Chao turned back to Luna. She had no idea or experience with this model of ship exactly and which way the core actually is for it. Only her gut feeling and experience with other heartless ship led her right now. Best to tell Luna that rather than be prideful and get them lost.

Ok, which way Luna? Im not used to this class of ship and im mostly going by the layout of the larger heartless ships.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Something short for Raven

~~~~~~~
Kaufman
~~~~~~~

The group of jeeps roared around the bend, their gatling guns spewing a hail of bullets in all directions and suppressing any potential anti vehicle threats. The convoy had to meet up with the main assault force under Raven. Right now, they were heading in the general direction of the Captain (?). Chao pulled up her comm system to give their esteemed leader a heads up of reinforcements.

Raven, dear. Kaufman here. Just a heads up, an entire platoon of mechanised infantry coming up on your left in a convoy of warthogs, so hold your fire if you see a bunch of vehicles from that direction.

Just barely ahead, Kaufman could just make out some signs of movement Raven's unit over the buildings and battle commontion

Selene Thermidor
Run & Gun

Selene's movements were straightforward, only engaging any enemies that were foolish enough to come out of the hallways, as well as using her magic skills to at least seal the other doors shut, if only to keep them locked in. Whomever Eile don't kill will end up destroyed by the blast or the sinking of the ship anyway. "Why the interest in Shiva? I mean I know she's been with our family since our great-grandfather, but still." Selene asked and commented as she made her way to what would be the doors to the bridge. "Commander is most likely on the bridge, once we go in, Kill him first, alright?"

----
Luna Thermidor
Lunar Eclipse

Ok, which way Luna? Im not used to this class of ship and im mostly going by the layout of the larger heartless ships.

Luna looked around. "Core is most likely at the stern, so we need to head south..." Luna thought to herself as she tried to get her bearings, "We go left." She said before sprinting to the hallway to the left. The Enemy forces seemed to be almost non-existent at this point, since most of them were on the bridge and the remainder was mostly defeated by Chao.

They would reach a pair of double doors that is most likely their engine core. "We're here." Luna said, pointing her Keyblade at the set of doors. A glowing beam of light would pierce into the door, watching as it glowed a pale white light. Soon the doors would open up to reveal the inner workings of the engine core network. It also revealed two squads of Soldier Heartless who began to charge forwards, their claws opening up and ready to swipe at them.

Luna wasted no time in tapping into her reserves of strength. Her eyes started to glow in a lighter shade of blue as she activated her drive form. What soon followed was a torrent of ice spells, becoming spikes of ice which would impale the Soldiers, destroying them and releasing their hearts. Those that managed to survive the onslaught, saw Luna not only deflect the attacks with her Keyblade, but also spawn from the rapidly cooling air around her a Dagger made entirely of ice, to which she would use to stab into the heart emblem on the Soldier's tunic, watching it dissipate into Darkness.

"Any time you want to cut in Chao, I would really appreciate it." Luna said sternly, still trying to take out her frustrations on these Heartless.

----
Maximilian Thermidor, Raven Otsdarva & Elaine Chevalier
The Prince

As the Head of State of the Serene Republic of Traversia exited the gunner seat of the tank. He climbed down, walking stick in hand as he looked at Raven Otsdarva. "You...know of me?" Raven asked. Maximillian looked at him. "Yes I have, the prodigal son of Keyblade Master Erieste Otsdarva."

"He knows of my father too...why hasn't he told me he knew of Luna's father?" Raven thought to himself, the fact that his father is so well known was quite disturbing. "Enough of that. Mr. Thermidor, what do you want us to do?" Elaine spoke to him, and as Maximilian were to speak, he would be interrupted by a communication from Desiree. Raven, dear. Kaufman here. Just a heads up, an entire platoon of mechanised infantry coming up on your left in a convoy of warthogs, so hold your fire if you see a bunch of vehicles from that direction.

"Understood. Cover the convoy, we'll be meeting up with them shortly." Raven said before looking at Maximillian. "The Heartless has set up a beachhead along the beach. Fortunately for us, they were unable to fully occupy the area when the Corvette came under attack. Therefore our objective will be to force them to surrender." Raven nods at the idea Maximillian suggested. "We'll ride on your tank, it's faster than traveling on foot now that our Warthog has been damaged." Raven suggested, while Elaine smirked, "Less stress on my feet as well." She said before climbing on the backside of the tank. Maximillian Thermidor would follow the both onto the tank, once again climbing onto the gunner's seat, telling the driver to meet with the mechanized convoy unit. The tank roared to life and began heading right in that direction. Soon enough they would be at the head of the convoy headed for the beachhead to the south.

Upon arrival at the battle area, the forces came under heavy fire from what appeared to be an armored column of Heartless Tanks and IFV's. A shell from one of their vehicles struck at the Warthog behind them, stalling the column as Raven & Elaine stepped off the vehicle. "Elaine..." Raven said

"Yeah?"

"Let's do this."

Eile Mizer: Go for the head.

"Why the interest in Shiva? I mean I know she's been with our family since our great-grandfather, but still."

Eile looked at Selene as she asked the question.

"Shiva owes me an explanation and she promised me to give it after I help you win this battle. I have no vested interest who wins this war." Eile curtly replied as she saw Selene walk over to the main bridge door.

"Commander is most likely on the bridge, once we go in, Kill him first, alright?"

Eile nodded as she opened the door to the bridge. She saw quite a few soldiers and a well dressed commander as everyone turned to Eile. Eile ran forward as her Sniper Scythe switched back into it's melee mode. One quick shot propelled her to the closest 3 soldiers as she sliced right through them.

The entire soldiers on the main deck turned their attention to Eile as she prepared to fight them all.

"Let's get this over with." Eile spat as she slammed her sniper scythe in front of her and took two more shots with it taking out 2 more soldiers.

~~~~~~
Chao
~~~~~~

Now armed with a general direction as to where the location of the core was, the duo stepped on it. They were on quite a tight deadline. Every minute they were stuck inside this metal tub was an extra minute they were pulled out from the battle on the ground and an extra minute for casualties to occur. There were little resistance, most likely due to the chaos that was being caused all over the ship. A corvette werent one of the biggest class of ships, so the contingent of ground troops weren't that large. A minute or passed before they arrived at a pair of double doors. Double doors are usually reserved for large rooms of some importance. Chao has never seen a washroom with large double doors like this.

"We're here."

Silently the door opens and what greet them was good and bad. They had managed to make their way to the core room, whichw as good. Not-so-good was that it was protected. As expected, it was also guarded. Given the importance of the core to the ship, it wasnt surprising that the limited soldiers on the ships were diverted to the room.

Well, shit.

Luna took no time to start getting a few strikes in with a barrage of ice spells. Since there were two groups, it made sense to engage the other one. While shards of ice rained down on the heartless, Chao did what her people was famous for, diving in and wrecking things hard as quick as possible. Chao quick drew all three keyblades and went in like a bladed tornado. Limbs flew from bodies and scattered dark essence flittered about as the heartless disolved into mist. Some of her strikes might not be the deepest of gouges, but they were deep enough to cause them to flinch. It was death by a thousand cuts, where Chao shifted from one target to another in a quasi stun lock kind of affair until she chipped away at the enemies. One by one, each heartless dissipated into the darkness that made them, whittling the numbers that she faced down and when only a small handful remained, Chao switched back to her good ole standard style and stabbed deeply into the chest of Soldier. It collapsed, its hand grasping at the keyblade before a foot was planted on its chest and the balde was wiggled and twisted. A few seconds of flailing occured before it too, returning to darkness.

"Any time you want to cut in Chao, I would really appreciate it."

Already on it, your higness.

The green girl DEFINITELY did something to Luna. Her friend was the more level headed one of the two, by a looong margin. Her family's affiliation with fire wasn't merely restricted to their affinity to the element. They were fiery people and in contrast, Luna would require quite a bit to rile her up to this extent. Chao almost felt sorry for the heartless as she looked on at Luna thrashing the beings... ALMOST. During this time, one of the few remaining heartless lunged at Chao, only to impale itself on Ultima before his body was flung into his friend.

Well, i guess ill give you guys a quick and painless death.

True to her words, Chao decapitated the remaining three heartless before turning to Luna. She COULD help mop up, but maybe itw as best for her to vent a bit.

~~~~~~~
Kaufman
~~~~~~~

Raven's own column merged with Desiree's, forming some sort of mixed convoy. The large force made its way towards the formed beachead the heartless had created. It was one of the many strongpoints erected by the heartless and it needed to be destroyed. As they travelled onwards, an armoured column of heartless vehicles opened fire at their own. Through sheer luck, the Warthog hit was in front of them, and not her own. The three soldiers that sat in the vehicle was sent soaring off. Desiree tracked on of the soldier in slow motion before her attention was turned back towards the wreck. The heavy chassis was not only on fire, but was hurtling towards her windscreen and with a mighty loud screech, the driver stomped on the large brakes, hopefully to avoid being crushed, but was only partially successful. The metal skeleton slammed into the hood of the Warthop, sending the vehicle flipping and launched Desiree out of her seat. It was lucky. If the driver didnt brake, all three would ahve been meat patties, but now, Desiree was only scuffed up a bit. However, the convoy was slowed and began to swivel and return fire on the armoured column. Sparing no time, Desiree dusted herself off and made a mad dash to the next Gauss 'Hog before launching her own metal salvo back. The first shot bounced off at a bad angle. The second destroyed the front plate armour of a Wraith and the third was planted straight into the new opening. The result was a nice plume of plasma launching into the air like a fountain as the vehicle went critical.

Raven, the convoy has been slowed. Go on ahead. The troop 'Hogs will make their way pass the blockage as quick as they can. I'll stick with the Gauss 'Hogs and see if i can route the enemy vehicles.

Following suit, the distinct rail screech of the Gauss guns shouted back at the heartless, the pure number of super accelerated projeectiles being flung at the enemy armour was almost at a machine gun rate, ala mad minute style.

2nd, and third squad, empty your magazine and then split from the convoy with me. We are going to take the fight to them!

As her last shell flew fromt he barrel, the RoL driver put the pedal tp the metal and shot off sidewards, trying simultaneously get under the gun of the enemy, driver unpredictably and get out of line of sight so they can go on a wide flank, all the while Desiree began changing the magazine for the gauss. It may take a few shots frontally to kill their heavier armour, but one shot from the rear will deal with anything.

Raven Otsdarva & Elaine Chevalier
Superior Firepower

Raven heard the communique from Desiree, and responded accordingly as he and Elaine got from behind cover, moving up to engage at the enemy. Elaine stayed behind Raven, utilizing his skill at deflecting enemy fire with his Keyblade as a shield. Taking advantage of support fire from Allied Gauss Cannons. Raven moved forward towards the first tank. Transforming his Keyblade into a High Powered Laser Rifle. Raven took aim at the closest tank and opened fire. The searing hot chemical laser shot forward in a charged shot, damaging the Plasma Mortar of the Wraith and disabling it. It's heavy weight made it difficult to maneuver in the face of small arms fire however, which left Elaine to the task. In Elaine's case, she was able to move quickly enough, keeping the Heartless soldiers down, buying time for the main RoL forces to move forward and attack.

Raven meanwhile continued to swing through with his Heavy Laser Rifle, firing shots at anything that was heavier than infantry as much as his mana can hold. "Desiree, I'm going to need some heavy cover fire, right..." After one more Laser Rifle shot that blast through a Heartless IFV, "now!"
----
Selene Thermidor
New Helmsmen

Before the Commander could give the order and seperate the ship. Selene made sure to quickly put a bullet right through the man's throat. This was followed by her casually walking forward. Killing hapless officers and soldiers and helmsmen. Considering the simplicity it is to pilot a ship of this size, she did not want to chance sabotage. As soon as Selene and Eile finished killing everyone in the bridge, she took over the commander's area, and began plotting a course, setting the ship on autopilot away from the city. "Alright. From here on out, it's Luna and Chao's show now." Selene said to Eile, "Let's head back to the Gummi Ships, eh?"
----
Luna Thermidor
Primed to Rearrange Your Ships

With the last Heartless felled by the two warrior princesses, Luna felt the Kori Dagger shatter in her hand, "Let's get this over with." She said, moving to the closest control panel, and hacking into its systems. It seemed simple enough as is, though with Luna being how she was she couldn't afford to let her anger get the better of her. It took some time, even as the ship began to move forward. After a few minutes of hacking, she was able to unlock and open the engine blocks. "I've unlocked the hatches Chao. Destroy these engine cores and that should trigger a chain reaction destroying the ship."

~~~~~~
Chao
~~~~~~

As luna worked away furiously at the console, Chao kept a lookout for anything that may pose a danger. A person is most vulnerable when working on something complex, such as hacking or delicate machine work. It is in times like these that even the most battle hardened and experienced warriors can be taked down by the lowliest of apprentices. It is this exact reason that Chao kept all her senses alive. If necessary, the warrior may need to become a meat shield for her comrade. At the very least, it will ensure the completion of the task. Such is the life of a soldier. Thankfully, her lottery ticket for death was not seleceted and Luna completed the core extraction without any complication. The sudden shift in gravity meant that the ship was indeed beginning to move, so the faster these cores were destroyed, the less damage the ship could do to their cause.

"I've unlocked the hatches Chao. Destroy these engine cores and that should trigger a chain reaction destroying the ship."

Full barrage, as ordered!

Chao had no idea how durable these cores are. They are military hardware and they tend to be built with durability in mind. It was a "go big or go home" kind of deal. They didnt have seconds to waste. Mustering up all her power along with trying to harness Phoenix's own energy into her attack, Chao launched a barrage of fireballs and explosions at the expose core. A chain of explosions erupted upon hitting it, but Chao didnt stop. Overkill is better than underkill, every time. After a few more seconds, Chao ceased her attack and waited for the smoke to drift away. Surely such a barrage SHOULD cause the core to stop functioning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Kaufman
~~~~~~~

The fight was intense. Even with the powerful Gauss cannons mounted on the speedy warthogs, they were lightly armoured against heavy tanks with essentially heavy mortars. The closest miss can still do enough splash damage to send the LAAV into a tumble and knock out the crew. Even though the battle was quite even, that was not enough, not by Kaufman's standard. They needed to be better than. They needed to crush opposition and continue steaming forward to still be effective as a fighting force. Still, Raven and Elaine double timed it forward on foot towards the Wraiths under the cover of the warthogs acting as distraction.

"Desiree, I'm going to need some heavy cover fire, right..."

Desiree had to get some of the vehicles with full clips to hold fire and as quick as she could, called for all vehicles with full clips to hold. As predicted, the amount of fire let up substantially as several guns fell silent. Kaufman could only hope that it was only for a few seconds. The longer the lull lasted, the more chance the Heartless had in clawing back the ground they lost. As luck would have it, Raven gave the order a mere second later.

"now!"

Open up! Let 'er rip! Rapid stagger fire!

Each squad that held began to stagger fire, emptying out before being replaced immediately by another squadmate. The amount of slugs being slung down was immense, but they couldn't sustain this forever. If they could, they would ahve done it earlier. They were essentially overclocking their weapons. Overuse would wear the parts, overheating the barrel and potentially frying the entire weapon if it was severe enough.

You ahve a couple of seconds Raven! Any longer and we'd lose the guns for this fight for quite a while!

Truthfully, even this was going to cost them a few guns. At least a couple of them would need to cool and be resetted.

Eile Mizer

"Let's head back to the Gummi Ships, eh?"

Eile nodded as she watch Selene input coordinates for the ship. It was all foreign to her. But then again, she was raised in a no technology area that was the Eidolon's home. If she tried to do something with the machines there, she would most likely blow the ship up right there and then. Switching her Sniper Scythe back into it's gun form, Eile took one look out of the windows and took the second to marvel at the sight. Buildings as far as her eyes can see. Although, the sight was tainted by the signs of war, it could have been a calm place for Eile to visit if her duty allowed it after this entire mess was sorted with. Eile snorted, shaking her head as she soon left the room.

"Shiva's explanation better be good." Eile muttered as she calmly walked, not waiting for Selene.

Luna & Selene Thermidor
Abandon Ship

The Corvette was already starting to fall apart as the ship set a course for over the sea outside of any major landmasses. Luna would run forward from the engine blocks and towards the hangar bay of the Corvette. Selene herself was also heading in the direction, taking Eile along with her as they headed to the hangar. Many of the survivors, if there were any were already prepping to abandon ship, and any who got in the way were cut down by the respective sisters as they reached the hangar. "Now what?" Luna asked as she looked at Selene, who was pressing on a glowing part of her glove. About twenty seconds later, their gummi ships, being auto-piloted to Selene's location, phased through the deactivated energy barrier. "Eile, you fly with me. Something tells me if I keep you with Luna she might try to strangle you."

Luna looked at the two of them with such exasperated frustration that she just gave up trying to even say anything heading over to climb up into her Wyvern while Selene took up her Tomcat. As soon as everyone was aboard, the two gummis lifted into the air and flew out of the hanger. Almost immediately after they cleared the corvette, the Heartless Capital Ship exploded, falling into the sea.
----
Raven Otsdarva, Maximilian Thermidor & Elaine Chevalier
Unconditional Surrender

The destruction of the corvette signaled an end to the fighting on the ground. The fact that they were cut off from the fleet, behind enemy lines and with no support forthcoming, caused the leaders on the ground to order to lay down their arms and surrender. The fighting died down almost instantly as some of the defense forces began to round up the prisoners.

"So it's over?" Elaine said to Raven as the soldiers began taking these forces to prison.

"Can't say...War still continues, though for now I guess we've won this fight." Raven responded as he turned and began to head back to the Normandy.

~~~~~~
Chao
~~~~~~

It was catastrophic failure of every part of teh Corvette. As if in an action movie, panels blew off, pipes exploded and wires sparked and swung everywhere as the two warriors ran from the core room towards their extraction point. Thankfully, despite the small size of a Corvette, the corridors of the ship werent that narrow and there werent that many obstacles that proved unnavigatable or forced the duo to divert from their course. A simple leap or weave and they were through. Busting through the door and into the wider hangar, Selene and Eile were already there and within seconds, the gummi ships were summoned to their location from idling outside. Selene jumped into her Tomcat with Eile whilst Chao hopped onto the copilot seat of Luna's Wyvern.

Lets get out of here.

The jets shot out of the crumbling warship, dodging away from any debris that may ping off their plane and send them plummeting into the water. Barely a minute passed before the Corvette blossomed into a yellow flash and disintergrated over the water. With their mission done, Chao literally went limp and slumped as much as she could in the pilot seat and watch the scenery blow by as Luna flew back towards the Normandy.

Ha..... Well, thats one mission down. We also seemed to have picked up a rather annoying issue as well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Kaufman
~~~~~~~

Everything ended so quick. The battle showed once again how important morale was. With the destruction of their flagship, the ground force quickly crumbled, despite the superior armour they ahd against the Realm of Light forces. In fact, it was quite timely as the staggered fire volley did in fact take quite a toll on the gauss Hogs. Given how many went out of commission, Kaufman wasnt overly confident that they were going to win the engagement. With enemies running left right and center, the PDF wer finally given some breathing room to regroup, organise and push again, routing any remaining pocket of resistance and taking prisoners for those that surrender. Kaufman observed along with Elaiine and Raven the round up of the armoured force they wer ejsut fighting

"So it's over?"

"Can't say...War still continues, though for now I guess we've won this fight."

Ha! Elaine, my dear. You seemed to have forgotten. Our greatest challenge still lies ahead. That one "less than subtlely put" suicide mission into the heart of the main Heartless fleet. It will be over soon, just hard to say which side will come out better off.

Flicking off the small cigarette that she was smoking into the ground, Kaufman jumped off the hood of her Hog and followed after Raven back towards the Normandy. Their biggest hurdle is right ahead and Kaufman was beginning to actually feel nervous for the first time since a long while.

Eile Mizer

Eile followed Selene as they made their way back to the entrance hole. Luna and Chaos was there as they jumped into their ship. Selene jumped into her ship as Eile followed. The ship turned away just as the heartless ship exploded into a billion pieces.

"Well, that was interesting." Eile muttered as she looked at the falling remains of the heartless ship.

'Now it's time to see why Shiva is sticking with miss princess wannabe.' Eile thought as she took her hat off, letting a few strands of hair fall forward over her eyes.

"So what are we going to do now? I want to speak with Shiva as soon as we can. But if there's stuff we need to do, then let's do it." Eile asked as she ejected the magazine from her Sniper Scythe before repositioning said weapon to lean against her in it's Sniper Rifle form.

The green haired girl placed her hat over her face before shutting her eyes, letting her ears pick up random sounds as her mind was left to daydream.

Back