[RP] Kingdom Hearts: Into The Dusk

Noblesse Oblige

The Dawn of a New Chronicle
Veteran
Gil
OOC: Part 2 has begun, and my chance to make what amounts to the opening CGI cutscene based on events from the 1st part. Hopefully, the scene can match the timing of the song. Enjoy. :P

IC:​

The Demon soars through dark skies

Fear and death trail the shadow beneath

Until men united wield hallowed saber

In final reckoning, the beast is slain

Ace Combat 5 OST-Blurry (Sung by Puddle of Mudd)

Raven felt himself standing next to the beach of Unity Islands, with his father by his side. He was smiling cause his father was here and his father smiled back as they looked onto the sea. After a few moments, Erieste disappeared, or rather crumbled to dust by his side, and Raven closed his eyes as Unity Islands disintegrated into white field, which reformed into Radiant Garden, and raven standing on a tall building in a city on fire. Gummi ships flew overhead, from behind him.

Jumping down, Raven swung at Heartless, joining his friends, Luna, Chao and Hal by his side. As they got to the end, Raven was surrounded by fire, and transported to Twilight Town, face to face with Dagr Scinfaxi, where after a fierce duel, was slashed, and fell into darkness. Only to come to the light of the Phoenix. As he was to be engulfed in it's flames, it froze into ice, and shattered as Raven went passed it.

Falling into Unity Islands once again, he fought Scinfaxi, alongside his friends, and together, despite being wounded severely, felled the beast, exploding in a cloud of black dust. Raven fell on his back, and then he felt as if he falling into the water. Closing his eyes once again, he descended deeper into the water, until he landed, feet first onto the ground. As soon as Raven took a step, the dark sea floor, exploded into several white doves, fluttering away and revealing a glass structure, his Awakening pillar, a red pillar showing a sleeping Raven, with the Four Wings Keyblade in Hand, on the side, on the other side, showed Unity Islands with the sun setting, and his three friends on the side above the islands.

(Music over)
----
Raven awoke in a dimly lit corridor in Olympus Coliseum. Ever since he recovered from his fight with the Arbiter, Dagr Scinfaxi, there was not a single incident concerning the Heartless. This wasn't a problem, as planners were drawing up plans to take back worlds fallen to the Heartless.

The three weeks were indeed kind to Raven and his friends. Physically, Raven lengthened his hair and was tied into a ponytail, and he now wore a black longcoat and black tank-top instead of the black jacket and white tank-top.

In the case of mentally, the day after Raven and Hal were cleared to leave the hospital, a week after the battle, Reo, whom Raven met before the Raid on Destiny Islands, made Raven's team a formal Task Force, dispatched to help the Army of Light in reclaiming their lost worlds. However, even with the 4 of them, according to Reo, they were still undermanned. Because of this, Reo began searching for new talent with Sora's help, while Raven was ordered to do the same in the 16th Annual Pegasus Cup Tournament.

Though in Raven's case, that wasn't the only reason why he's here. Reo also wanted to increase morale, ensuring that the toughest warriors can protect the denizens of the Realm of Light. Raven didn't agree to be in this cause he didn't like the attention, but it was for the best if he were to make people happy. Besides, it's gives him real practice (along with the chance of real injuries) for when the invasion starts anyway.

Luna walked along the corridor towards Raven, unlike Raven, she changed little over three weeks, but as she got to know Raven outside of battle, she started to enjoy his company more often, a change of character compared to her worrisome look in battle.

"Raven, the final match is about to start in 10 minutes, why are you still asleep?" She said with her hands on her waist.

Raven smirked, "I know, I know. But what do you expect when you've been practicing all night."

"I told you not to do that."

"What, it's practice!"

Luna could do nothing but put her hand on her face. Raven got up and said, "Well, if anything, nothing more can prepare me for the final round. The guy I'm facing is a very good combatant."

Luna was gonna hug him, but trying to hold back her feelings, she said, "Good luck, Raven."

Raven smiled, and headed out towards the arena.

----
Meanwhile back at Unity Islands, Reo Hamilton, Commander of the Army of Light was walking with a young red headed girl with a staff. She was made the newest member of Raven's Task Force 108. Raven knew, was unable to meet her due to being at Olympus Coliseum at the time.

Reo was the first to speak, "Welcome to Task Force 108, Eliane. Best group of fighters in the realm"

"I am honored, sir. Unfortunte that the Captain couldn't meet in person"

"Doesn't mean you can't get to see the fight though." Turning on the TV, Reo showed that the fight was about to begin, and the competitors were about to head to the arena.​

Sanjia had been on Unity Islands for a few days. He had heard about this Heartless threat that had been forming and that this threat had been eliminated. He wanted to meet the group responsible for this, and maybe help them out if the need arises. Since the weather was nice, he had his hood off, which was unusual, since he was in an area that was unknown to him.

This day, he noticed two people walking: one with long red hair and carrying a staff. The other looked like some kind of leader.

"A leader. This might be the person I want to talk to." He said to himself.

He thought about it, then started to approach them. He didn't know what he would say to the leader, but he could worry about that later. Right now, he just wanted to get pleasantries out of the way and figure out why this other one was there.

Celeste arrived at the Olympus Colisseum wile moving quite disriented towards the entrance of the Colisseum. Her hood was on so none could see her facial features at all. Only a small portion of her brightly blonde hair was seen comming out of the hood.

Celeste stood still for a few minutes to get her head back in place as this was her first gummi ship flight ever. She have been hiking from place to place in hope of ending up at Unity Island, but not been able too due to her own stupidity and lack of knowledge about the worlds around her.

She started to walk towards the entrance in a much faster speed than before and swiftly brushed off her white dress covering her pink underdress. She fixed her sleeves that were hanging below her shoulders and the straps that kept it all up was moved slightly closer too her next. Feeling that she was presentable among people she walked inside the colisseum with some confidence.

She did not put quite much thought of the lobby area and walked swiftly up to the stands. She had arrived just in time for the final round and people were talking amongst themselves. Trying to find a seat that was close to the edge, she ignored most of the talk and walked to find a seat so she could actually see the battle when it started.

Sitting down she crossed her legs and awaited the battle that was soon to start. Exited to see some form of battle take place infront of her really made her relaxed. Maybe she could even ask someone afterwards where Unity Island were.

After the day Hal and Raven had been released from the hospital, Hal had walked from the Hospital and never been seen for 3 weeks... His apperance had changed in those 3 weeks... A perfectly neatly trimmed beard and long straight hair which had turned white... trauma from the near death experiance he encountered...

From where Hal stood in the Mountains he could see the colliseum and see it was open..

"16 years eh... Long time"

Hal turned and there was a knock on the door..

"Package for Dr Otacon"

"Ah thank you"

Hal handed the delivery boy some small change and ripped the package open..

"Ah just in time"

Enclosed in the case was a new long deep red lab coat and two new sharp shiney silver short swords..

"looks just to spec.. Send my regards to the good doctor will you"

"Not a problem Doc, she misses you up there"

"Tell her i'll stop by in a few days"

Hal put on his new jacket and it immeditaly felt right... His last white one had been burnt in a fire not a few days ago..

"Well the collisuem awaits.. I wonder if Raven will enter"

Hal slowly desecned from the mountains and used the side entrance on the colliseum to gain entry and climbed onto a podium at the back to hide from unwelcome company..

(ooc: Cue Lordi Hard Rock Hallelujah)

Julias had been at the Olympus Coliseum to watch the combat cup, but he was also improving his own skills. He had several targets set up apart from where the battles were held. He had his bows in hand with the arrows in the casing on his back. He was looking down at the ground with his custom bow by his side. There were three targets resembling human bodies set up at a fair distance apart from eachother, all lined up in a line so he could see all three spaced apart. He raised his Bow and he grabbed three arrows, loaded them onto the bow. He pulled the up, holding his bow parallel to the ground and let go. The arrows split through the air and launched directly into the center of his targets. As soon as the arrows made contact, Julias grabbed about 5 arrows in each hand, not counting how many, just going by feeling.

He darted on towards the targets with the arrows in hand and he dropped his bow in the process. He closed the distance rather fast and used the tips of the arrows to cut his targets while also grabbed his shot arrows. This left the targets cut pretty deep, and cutting one of them in half. He then put the arrows all back into his casing.

The battle would be starting soon, so he would head off to watch it. He left the targets as they stood. He was walking toward the coliseum He liked to watch these things whenever they came up. He was walking step by step, slowly, and confident.

When he reached the coliseum he sat on the stone seats they had. The seats were filling up with watchers. Julias let out a simple phrase he always said..."May the gods be with the victor." He bowed his head in prayer.

OOC:Not the best post out there, but hey, I dont know what else to put...

OOC: Yeah, not sre whats going on so i'll post a short one.

Unlike the many that sat around in the stands, Chao stood rigid and upright at the rim of the ring, next to the arena. Her spirit was restless. Three weeks was a long time for no action. Training was only going to get so far. She needed a sparring session, but no one was willing to spar with her. She drummed her fingers along Rising Phoenix, a habit she had developed when she was impatient.

*Sigh*... Damn it....this is taking a while...

People were already filling in the seats of the arena, which meant the fights were very soon. She wondered to herself, would her comrades come to the fight?

OOC: Sorry! IRL being a bitch, on now~

IC: A man almost literally clothed in silver sat slumped against the wall next to the door, his spear in front of him lying on his shoulder. He breathed a sigh as the door opened, beckoning for him to enter. Standing, he gripped his spear and put it across the back of his neck in a casual posture; thankfully, the door and hallway were big enough for him to do so. Advancing out into the sunlight, he walked over to the arena.

"The Final Round of the Coliseum! Orion Smith, AKA the Silver Dragoon vs. Raven Konstantine Otsdarva, AKA The Hero of Unity Islands!" The crowd gave a cheer as the two stepped into the arena. Orion accepted that he had a title without paying much attention to it: it had been announced earlier in previous matches. Though to say they were matches were flattery: the poor fools didn't even see him coming. Feeling through the energy, he scanned out his opponent.

Besides the title that warned him of something new, he could sense that this Raven was a bit special. He was key-blade wielder, for one, so that marked him as powerful alone. There was also something that seemed to be trap within him, a suppressed power that seemed to be extra-ordinary, far more then a human should be able to contain. Then again, even with that power, Orion's might combined with a spiritual companion he sensed within himself that called itself Zodiark was near impossible to match, let alone overcome.

Orion's spear came around to point at his opponent with his right hand, his left hanging loosely on his side. "Any time your ready." Orion called to him in an unbelievably calm voice. On the outer edges of his senses, though, he could feel a darkness....

Which was a bad thing.

OOC: Thank you, and don't worry Tipsy, it will get interesting soon.

IC:

Reo noticed an green-robed individual walking towards him. Eliane looked as he stood up and looked at the man. "I figured someone was watching us, but I didn't know who." Eliane asked, "Are you with Raven's task force." To which Reo said, "He's not, but where are my manners." He extended a hand for a handshake, "Reo Hamilton, Commanding Officer of the Army of Light, the woman there is a new recruit, Eliane Chevalier, and who might you be?"

--------

Luna headed to the side of the arena ring to watch the fight. "Raven in the final rounds, not bad for a guy who a month ago lived on a backwater world all his life." Luna thought. Scanning the crowds, she found an impatient Chao. Walking up to her friend, she asked, "Chao, are you alright?" though it was pretty much obvious, three weeks of peace meant there was no one to really fight.

--------
"The Final Round of the Pegasus Cup Championship! Orion Smith, AKA the Silver Dragoon vs. Raven Konstantine Otsdarva, AKA The Hero of Unity Islands!"

Raven didn't find the joke funny, he never did like people knowing his middle name (despite being named after Emperors of time forgotten) still, it was time for battle. "Alright, lets see if my training has payed off."

Raven walked out into the arena admist the wave of cheering for the two warriors. Raven felt that Orion was indeed powerful, probably (and although hard to admit) tougher than he himself is. Still, he wasn't one to back down from a fight, a fact that would nearly have killed him against Scinfaxi three weeks ago.

Raven closed his eyes and summoned his Keyblade, The Four Wings, which appeared in his left hand. He gripped it with his second hand, and got himself into a battle stance.

Tales of Vesperia OST-Fury Sparks (Arranged)

"Any time your ready."

"Don't go easy on my accord, give it your best." Raven exclaimed.

Raven realized that spear gives Orion the edge on range, making it hard to hit him with the Keyblade. Since he awaits for an attack, he may as well start on the offensive.

Raven opened up by running forward, aiming straight towards him. While this would be a stupid move in a way, Raven was taking the opprotunity to charge a Fire spell in hand. As soon as he got within a foot from the spear's range, Raven jumped up into the air, putting his new High Jump ability to use. Once in the air, he fired his single fireball at Orion's hands, hoping to disarm him.

Celeste was sitting there awaiting for the fighters to enter the arena infront of them. She was now tapping her fingers in suspense and hoped this would be a great fight to watch.

"The Final Round of the Pegasus Cup Championship! Orion Smith, AKA the Silver Dragoon vs. Raven Konstantine Otsdarva, AKA The Hero of Unity Islands!"

"Unity Island?!"

Celeste was in mere shock when she heard that the hero of Unity Island was one of the opponents in the final battle. She had a smile now across her face as her not so planned trip here wasn't in vain.

She was now more exited for the match itself, couse after it she might even be able to get herself to Unity Island as she planned too so she could perhaps join them.

As the keyblade appeared in Raven's hand she had to catch her breath. She could not belive that he was a keyblade master. This entire thing was a great coincidence for her and now she could finally relax and kick back couse she knew that when the battle was done she had to request this man to take her to Unity Island.

"Reo Hamilton, Commanding Officer of the Army of Light, the woman there is a new recruit, Eliane Chevalier, and who might you be?"

"My name is Sanjia, and no, I am not part of Raven's task force, though I would like to be." He said, as he shook Reo's hand. "I was hoping to speak with your leader, if he is available."

Sanjia was not sure how they would react to this request, seeing as how they just met. Still, he had a feeling that they would not be hostile to him, which was why he decided to ask the question.

He noticed the staff the red-haired girl had. "An odd choice for a weapon," He thought to himself, "but it can possibly do damage if used properly. I'm sure this person knows how to use it effectively."

His future decision now rested on the reply of Reo and the events that would follow, should he meet the leader, Raven.

B sat there as she watched the tournament. B wasn't here for the tournament, she was here to join the Army of light. She knew she'd have to speak to Reo.

OOC: Who's playing Reo?

IC: B approached Reo slowly and said.

" B strife, I'd like to join your force to provide all the protection I can sir. "

B shook his hand and sat back down. B hoped to see Raven but of coruse he was always the center of attention, always busy.

B sat and thought about the descision she made. It was for her mothers sake she joined. To stop people from dying.

Hal jumped down off one off the podeums... and stood on the side lines of the battle area - "just in case" he thought to himself..

Hal's eyes were fixed on the battle - he completly ignored the shouting and cheering from the crowd and just watched the crowd .. he knew there was no heartless but was still on alert just in case..

His swords were primed and his hands under his jacket close to his handles.... you never knew when anything would happen

"Chao, are you alright?"

Need you ask, Luna? My joints are creaking.

It was frustrating, watching Raven dance around and fighting inside the ring. It was probably for the best that she didnt fight. After all, it had only been three weeks since she had taken those pills. Her body was probably kicking her right now if it could.

But still, Hero of Unity Islands. Has a nice ring to it i guess.

The rest is heartless activity was a blessing in a way. The battle at Unity Islands took a considerable toll on the light army, even if they won. Eastern Cloud soldiers has been deployed on the line, but even then, the light was being stretched a bit thin. The pause was probably a good time to recruit more people to fight.

How's our numbers? You spot anyone here that is good to be recruited?

Orion nimbly dodged the fireball as Raven went on the offensive almost immediately. Raven's weapon of choice was a keyblade, though he did have an apitude for magic. However, since he was currently airborn, this gave Orion a massive advantage, one he fully intended to use. Orion called up the his enemy, who would most likely by now have noticed the binding cloth across Orion's eyes.

"You want me to go all out? Fine by me!" After this, Orion's spear came into a battle position before he used his Jump technique, which for him was an attack. With a powerful leap from his legs, he soared high above Raven's own airborne form before bringing his spear to point downwards. There were two reasons why this attack would hurt a lot: A. momentum + sharp pointy end = pain. B. The ground meeting your face is never comfortable.

Orion then dropped down from his amazing height, to strike Raven with an already powerful blow. Orion had a massive advantage before the battle even begun, and he was going to expound on that advantage so the battle would end quickly.

The darkness in the background of Orion's senses, however, began to grow, as if it was coming closer. However, Orion had no idea where it may be coming from.

Julias was watching as the battle had begun. It came at a bit of a fast start to him. But he was here to watch, so he allowed no distractions. He wanted to see the victor, and he knew it already would be a really tough match between the two. He was anxious to see the end of this. After the match he would want to meet the victor. It would be a large honor, especially if the winner was to be the keyblade master. That weapon was of course a rather legendary one. He wanted to see what exactly it was made from, so maybe he could create a similar weapon. Of course it would never match up to the keyblade, but it would of course be formidable.

He had no real reason to be watching this event, in fact he had not even known that the keyblade master would be here. That was a pleasant surprise. But he was not the only great fighter there, and that was clear seeing the start of this battle. The one named Orion, labeled the silver dragoon, had blown his way through the battles of the cup with great ease. It would be a great match.

OOC: I will wait to post anymore until the battle ends, but I will keep lurking in the thread to know if anything happens...

OOC: @Yuffie's Materia: I control Reo, but since he usually gives the missions for Part 2, he does not have an active role as far as fighting, at least not yet.

IC:

"My name is Sanjia, and no, I am not part of Raven's task force, though I would like to be. I was hoping to speak with your leader, if he is available."

" B strife, I'd like to join your force to provide all the protection I can sir. "

Reo responded to the two who wanted to join TF 108, "Unfortunately, Raven is not available at the time." He pointed to the Television, where the fight between Raven and Orion. "However, he did say the day before the finals that he will be leaving after the finals are over. So he should be back before sundown."

"That's good." Eliane said then later thought, "I hope he is what I read about Keyblade Knights."

-----

Need you ask, Luna? My joints are creaking.

Luna responded to her friend, saying, "Well, your body is probably still trying to recover from those pills you took. It is dangerous to quickly heal yourself you know." Though she did state her opinion on the pills, Luna did not let herself get in the way of Chao's decisions. Though sometimes she wished she had.

How's our numbers? You spot anyone here that is good to be recruited?

Luna said, "I have talked to some of the fighters who fought in prior rounds, about all of them did not want to help us. The few that did, were joining other groups in the branch."

She sighed, "Sometimes, these people can be sore losers. Though, maybe Orion could after the match."

----

"You want me to go all out? Fine by me!"

Raven saw Orion as he got into battle position, jumping up higher than Raven's own high jump. The "Silver Dragoon's" spear was starting to come down on him, Raven knew that by jumping in the air, he was delivering him a massive advantage, but there was another well trusted ability that Orion probably didn't know.

Raven used his Aerial Dodge manuver, essentially a Double Jump, Raven narrowly dodged his opponents spear. Raven landed on the ground, and quickly got himself into fighting stance. "That was too close..." Raven thought, "So, he can jump higher than me, well that means he has the advantage in the air too. Can't rely on magic, since I don't have that kind of mana reserve, and with me not carrying a gun, that rules out distance. Looks like I have to go on the defensive."

With that, Raven waited for Orion's next move, with Raven holding Four Wings sideways. Though he can't help but feel a dark power eminating from the arena. Raven hoped that it was nothing, but best be prepared for such an eventuality.

"Unfortunately, Raven is not available at the time."

" Of course Sir. "
B sat down and watched the match unfold. If from what B had heard Raven would most likely win this match. B pulled out her protect materia and inserted it into her shoulder. Around her was a force bubble and anyone near her couldn't get through it. The bubble was just the size B wanted, enough to have some privacy while the match starts.

B pulled out her notebook and began to write-

Protect Materia-Works like a charm for keeping people out of my way. Why didnt' I think of this before? Oh well eh? At least I know now!! :) I'll be writing a longer entry later but Ravens about to fight in the Arena, so i'm waiting for him to finish so I can join the WoL. If I can do that, my dreams complete.

Hal walked out of the stadium to go find Luna and Chao.. he needed to talk to him

Leaving the exit he looked around and saw lots of fighters stood around watching the fight on screens and in a corner he thought he saw Luna and Chao

"Luna? Chao is that you?"

Hal slowly walked forwards towards the table moving between fighters

"Are we there yet?" Asked young Laleth as she tapped her purple spiderwebbed keyblade on the floor of the gummi ship.

"We'll be there soon hang tight" said the captain who was headed for Unity Islands.

Laleth had been impatient on her 3 day journey to this place. She would be enlisted in some sort of a group.

The black parisol she carried was opened by the floor. She paid it no mind as she was anxious to get this over with. The ship was nearing the world now and Laleth could seee it clearly. Suddenly something large and flaming came hurling at the ship. "BRACE YOURSELVES!" The pilot shouted as Laleth and the crew got buckled in seats.

The giant meteoric object struck the ship with such force that the ship went spinning out of control. Laleth being only 10 grabbed her parisol from the ground and balled up having it sheild her from the scary situation. The ship whailed and shook, the pilot screamed at his staff in the cockpit and the rush into a unknown planets atmosphere was where they were headed.

"Olympus!? Get the ship back on route!" The captain screamed.

Laleth covered her ears and glanced out the window that the ship was falling in an alarming rate. The object that had hit the ship however was falling right in front of them, hopefully being able to cushion their fall. Laleth closed her eyes and waited...

------------------------

The sounds of birds could be heard as Laleth uincovered her ears and opened her eyes. She was still buckled in tight in her seat but her peice of the gummi ship had separated from the rest. Laleth unbuckled herself and hopped out of the wreck and saw other peices of the ship scattered all over the place. She put up her parisol to shade herself from the sun and walked around the strange new world. It was full of colesiums and architecture of which Laleth wasn't familiar.

"I don't think this is Unity Islands..." Laleth muttered.

Just then she heard a noise. She searched further and found herself face to face with a giant heartless and gasped. It must have crashed at the same time her ship did. "So now you guys are attacking ships huh?" Said Laleth as she drew her keyblade ready to fight...

Orion landed on the ground, leaving a small crater in it. He was slightly annoyed at missing, however, that just meant that it would be an actual challenge. Pulling his spear out of the hole it was in, he brought it around in a position to counter an attack. Only when he turned to his opponent's last known location, he found his opponent still there, on the defensive.

"Not trusting an offensive attack? Then I guess it's my turn around!" Orion brought his spear closer to him, focused, and then unleashed a wave of orbs at his opponent. Which seemed harmless, but were in fact Orion's technique, Energy Orb, used in multiple. He felt little drain from it, as the energy came from around him. As they were released, they all began to home in on his opponent.

Orion wasn't done there, though. Bringing his spear down, he launched himself forward with a horizontal Jump, moving past the orbs in an attack at Raven. Raven would then find himself having to block or dodge a flurry of stabs once the initial blow had been guarded or dodged, as Orion would keep him in about the same place and allow the orbs to explode on or near Raven.

The darkness began to draw closer the Coliseum. Orion could feel its presence right outside the crowd. Which meant that it was going to attack soon.

OOC: Like your post soon, Spartan old pal.

Back