How old were you when you started playing Kingdom Hearts?

I was 13 years old when I first played KH. Went over to a buddy's house after school, he had got the game for his birthday but lost his PS2 so he told me I could have it until he got another ps2. I got so addicted to the game I ended up skipping school so I could keep playing.

I didn't play it till 2004-2005... so... 15 I wanna say?
I didn't play it initially cause I was like "Disney game... wtf is Square doing..."
Man that seems like so long ago, I remember I was one of the few people in my grade that played this video games at all at the time.:wacky:
When I mention this game to my friend they were like "dude it is Disney shut up about it"
I think the fact that it was had Disney in it initially turned people away from it.

I remember being in the 5th grade. So I think I was 10 years old. Haha, I feel old now.

I believe I was around 13-16 years old. For some reason I remember buying KH Chain of Memories and playing it. Instatally getting hooked. Afterwards getting KH and going on in line of games.

I'd just turned 13 when I first picked up KH(Platinum edition) for my PS2. I was so happy I got it, but to be honest I was so much more interested in playing FFX- which I picked up the same day. I've still yet to finish the first game, primarily because I bought KHII soon afterwards, liked it more and wiki'ed the first games storyline.

Did I ruin the buy? Yes, yes I did.

Can't remember the exact age but I know it was around 11 or 12. I was a little late in the series. I started with KH 2. I remember we bought it on the day my family went out shopping for my brother's prom.

I can't remember the exact age I was when I played Kingdom Hearts for the first time, but I bought the first one as soon as it was released, so it had to be when I was 17 or so. It was a game I knew I had to get because of the simple fact that they had FF characters in it. I was curious to see what it was about, but I was kind of skeptical because of the fact that it was based around Disney. Was it going to be too simple? Was it going to be too child-like?

Little did I know that it was a series that I would completely fall in love with and become addicted to. Every time I see that a new KH game is coming out, I nut up. It just makes my heart happy.
:boogie:

Hmmm when did it come out? I think I was like 14ish. Somewhere close to there. I know I was still in middle school.

I was about 16/17 at the time the first game was released, and thought it was the best thing ever.

Now I'm 30, and still playing this E-rated series. :lew:

The game first came out in 2002, at which point I was 10, and I played it pretty soon after its release. I remember hearing about it at first because my uncle (yes, an adult) had been very excited about it. I am now 23 and still play the games; in fact most of the people who like the series are teens or in their 20s (that I've encountered at least). And besides, the rating on it is E 10+ so it's not exactly intended for kids under 10... so why wouldn't the fan base be mostly people who are in their teens and up?

At 10, I was already both a fan of Disney and of FF; I had already played FFVIII and FFIX when KH was first released. I am not, and never was, a fan of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or Goofy, though, even at that age. I didn't let it deter me though. Even at a younger age, I noticed some things in the series were a bit kiddy in nature, but not enough so to ruin the series. I also never considered it to be in line with the canon of the FF games the characters who cameo are from, so I don't really think what it did to them was ruining anything. I can see where the series could be off-putting to some, but to be honest, I personally am probably more of a fan of the series now than I was at 10.

I was 18 years old when I started to play Kingdom Hearts for the first time. I only played the first game and never got a chance to beat it. The reason why I played it late is because I didn't have a Playstation 2 at that time. But I did like the game and I enjoy playing it a lot.

I don't know my exact age. I think I was 13. All I remember, is that I had only ever briefly played a few PS2/GameCube/Xbox games at that point (I'd get a GameCube shortly after, and a PS2 about a year later). I was at a friend's house, and he was stuck on the second fight with Riku at Hollow Bastion. Neither him or another friend could beat it. I had never seen or touched the game in my life, nor had I ever played a game that forced you to use the analog stick (which I was terrible at using, because I avoided it like the plague). But I beat it on my first try anyway. The awe on their faces was invigorating, and -though that's realistically not really a major achievement or anything- it's still a story the three of us will bring up every once in a while.

i got it when it came out so i was 11 when i first played it. the only reason i got it is because at the time i was on a DBZ craze and when i heard it was a game about going to different worlds i just stared at the screen hoping to see a DBZ world and then at the end of the commercial there is that scene when sora lands on the platform and it lights up and makes his hairs turn all yellow like he is going super saiyen. after i saw that i had seen all i needed to. i was convinced it had a DBZ world and i had to have it lol that is the only reason i bought kingdom hearts.

Started playing when I was 12 as well. Bought it because I was huge FF fan and KH was from the same developer. Needless to say, it was a amazing experience and I replayed more than 3 times.

A fusion of Final Fantasy and Disney seemed like the most absurd thing ever. It looked gloriously daft, which induced me to put the game down on my wanted list. I believe I was 12 when I acquired a copy of the very first game for PS2? I couldn't get into it, likely because I was still new to any sort of RPG at the time, let alone a very action-oriented RPG. I enjoyed the short bursts of clumsy platform segments there were because I was very accustomed to the platform genre at the time, but I ended up quickly abandoning the game and squarely focused on the Final Fantasy games.

It wasn't until half a year ago (so nearly double my lifetime later) that I decided to purchase a cheap copy of the HD version of the game for the PS3, only to end up purchasing 2.5 HD instead, because that was astonishingly intelligent of me. Negligence with the order aside, I worked my way through Birth by Sleep and KH2 in an orderly fashion over the course of a few weeks. I enjoyed my time with the collection and certainly feel I got my money's worth out of it, despite my natural inability to appreciate the ridiculous idiosyncracies of Nomura's narrative. Birth by Sleep's relative mediocrity aside, KH2 kept me hooked enough with its fluid, accessible combat, especially when playing on Proud difficulty at least, because it gave me reason to thoughtfully use the Drive modes and to fully explore the intricacies of the battle system, particularly when up against bosses with their own individual mechanics. Apart from Anti-Sora form. Sod that feature.

I was 11. It was also the first PS2 game I got along with Spongebob Squarepants Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, which unsurprisingly didn't have as much lasting appeal.

I was 12, I remember seeing a trailer for Kingdom Hearts on a PS2 demo disk and was intrigued by it. Then one of my brothers friends came over our house with his PS2 and a copy of Kingdom Hearts. Was hooked since.

Back