• Compilation of Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts series

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Neo Bahamut

Blue Mage
Gil
I think this is a bit more fair than comparing Kingdom Hearts to a series it spun off of that's been around for years. I'm not saying that, just because it's new, it can't be better. That's your opinion if you think it is.

I'm just saying that it's a little unfair to compare such a vast series with a long history & a diverse range of games to a series that's just gaining a foothold & hopefully won't last nearly as long because, let's face it, we're gonna get tired of spinoffs & revivals of Xehanort eventually.

Basically, I expect the numbers to have a better chance of being more competative in this poll. I didn't use Ivalice Alliance because, quite frankly, I think it's shit. Someone else can do that, if they feel so inclined.

I think they're both two series that come across in a different way. Where VII's compilation seems to be adding arms and legs to the base game (VII) and just hoping that the story eventually fits together, KH seems to be working inwards from a grand plot that we've yet to see. I find it easier to speculate and discuss KH because every piece of information we're gaining is converging to one point, whereas in VII we don't have a clue what's coming next because, let's face it, they're winging it all the way through.

Neo, you have really put me in a pickle :hmmm:

I have to say Kingdom Hearts. As Riku said, the compilation is just trying to improve the original game and in my opinion, they are just making it worse and more overrated, whereas Kingdom Hearts is a series of games that continually expand on a already well thought out plot, whilst answering very in depth questions about it's origin. Each game has a big contribution to the plot, whereas many of the compilation games are semi stand-alone. Kingdom Hearts games have more depth than the compilation as well, in my honest opinion.

Really, you can spoil or summarise just about all of FFVII by saying that
Hojo put alien cells inside a lot of people, including Cloud
, then the whole compilation's direction becomes clear. Could you summarise KH as easily?

Could you summarise KH as easily?
Sora loves Kairi. There. :wacky:

Kingdom Hearts all the way for me, I think everything about it is better. Kingdom Hearts was far better written imo, like Dave said, every addition is working to a grand plot but with FFVII they've made the game, seen how popular it is and started adding other titles in there just to try and make it that little bit more of a cash cow. I find the story, music and characters a lot more entertaining too, although I think they should be rid of the Final Fantasy characters.

Doesn't it strike anyone that these criticisms could also be made about Kingdom Hearts? I mean, Xion comes completely out of nowhere, & there's an entire story revolving around her that, honestly, is completely superfluous. We could have had a whole game about Roxas's returning memories & how he dealt with them, we didn't necessarily need Xion.

That's just something else to add flavour to the game, I think. True, she's not necessary, but without her that game would've been...a bit (more) shit. Days was definitely necessary to fill in a gap or two - again, building on the story we already know and answering unanswered questions. Barely anything in VII needed any expansion but they did it anyway.

I voted Kingdom Hearts.

It's nowhere near as complicated and messed up as FFVII. I can actually see that it makes a whole lot more sense and it isn't as over the top either.

And another thing? At least Square-Enix doesn't let rumours get out and screw around with the fans when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. They get to the point, whereas the compliation adds more confusion. For instance, did you know there are a few different interpretations of the scene at the reactor in Nibelheim? No wonder I'm not the biggest fan if you can't get it right the first time round.

Sora loves Kairi and cares equally about Riku

Fix'd :wacky:

I've been enjoying the extra stuff being added to FFVII, and even though they're being counted as canon, they're still additions to the one main game story, and as said, planned after the main story.

Kingdom Hearts has always been a series of games, and the story in each game has been more or less planned to be part of the grand scheme of the series, not just tacked on.

Easily KH comes out on top when compared to the FFVII "series" for me :monster:

Sora loves Kairi.

Totally. <3

Kingdom Hearts series easily! It's what got me into VII so I have to love it more. Also, everything but VII sucks moneky ass. The rest of VII's compilation is just bull-crap retcons and contradictions.

Kingdom Hearts on the other hand, is PERFECT! Nothings ever stupid about it or annoying. Everything makes sense and always has. Plus the game play and stuff is supper fun.
And, I get to see Cloud and not have his story or character fucked up to no end-That's right,I'm talking about you Crisis Core-:ahmed:

Personaly I think Kingdom Hearts was done better. They made the story play out threw various games,thusly keeping it interesting, instead of taking a great game,imo,like FFVII and making it in to a cash cow by just making spinoff after spinoff thet realy dosent expand apon the story and instead playis out parts we pretty much alreay knew.

How was Cloud's story & character fucked up in CC? It was entirely faithful to what they said he was.

Speaking of, the thing to remember about the Nibelheim Reactor is that it's SUPPOSED to be told from several different viewpoints.

As far as things not needing expanded upon, I could envision Days with a lot more Organization interaction & a lot less Xion & it would have probably been a better game for it. And the Organization members aren't the only characters who were poorly utilized. Remember Mickey Mouse & how he only appears ONE TIME in the entire game? Yeah.

Along the same vein, I do remember one rumor about KH that pissed me off more than anything FFVII's ever done: "I think we may import KH2: Final Mix to America." Blah. At least the Compilation has less games I'll never be able to play.

Speaking of, the thing to remember about the Nibelheim Reactor is that it's SUPPOSED to be told from several different viewpoints.

Sure your not getting "Viewpoints" mixed up with "Oh, we forgot how this scene went the first time we first envisioned it, so let's just fling in people that weren't even there the first time (Genesis) There are too many descrepancies for it to have been made to support viewpoints, imo.

Well, frankly, your opinion is wrong. There is absolutely no evidence to support this inane assertion that they "forgot how it goes," especially when it was included in "Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII."

Well, frankly, your opinion is wrong. There is absolutely no evidence to support this inane assertion that they "forgot how it goes," especially when it was included in "Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII."

Of course my un-true opinion is wrong >_> They created the game, why would they forget such an important plot point?

I was just making a point that they went and made it seem as though Genesis caused Sephiroth the misinterpret his birth, and in the original game, it was unknown that he even existed. Seems kind of foolish to just bring him out of nowhere to support an event that did not need that support.

How was Cloud's story & character fucked up in CC? It was entirely faithful to what they said he was.
But it in no way makes the story better or interesting,imo, they just take a premise of the orriginal game and fling another one out there to keep the groth of funds going based on fandom of FFVII an afterthought game if you will.

Wich takes place AFTER the orriginal story and they started to throw together story lines to fit in to the orriginal.
My point thet they just keep adding while debasing the orriginal without, imo, making it better.
When FFVII was orriginaly made that was the game point blank, the premise for KH had the story flow threw alot of games and in a better way and one,I, can feel .
When a spinoff of FFVII hits off in general I can feel the $$ signs in their eyes since they just keep adding to the game without adding much taking themes from the orriginal and ever so slightly expanding on them but not in a compelling way as in how KH series has done.
But this is all my opinion so...

My apologies, it's just that I've seen people seriously argue that time & time again.

Anyway, they just wanted to show how much Sephiroth had changed, that he no longer cared about his friends. That's what I think, anyway. Sephiroth would have gone mad either way, there's no question about that.

I don't care because it's really quite a badass rendition of the scene. At any rate, the message I feel they are trying to communicate is that the "truth" is found in some mixture of all of these scenes. In the Ultimania, they even make it a point to ask, rhetorically, whether or not Sephiroth's flinging into the Lifestream was beyond his control.

Ether: Okay, but the question was, "How is Cloud's character derailed when it's exactly how it was described in the original game?"

Ether: Okay, but the question was, "How is Cloud's character derailed when it's exactly how it was described in the original game?"
In my opinion for CC the games realy not his story as opposed to Zacks...so it realy didnt go to in depth in to Cloud so it didnt,imo.
I realy dont think to manny of the spinoffs derail anything but they hardly add to anything either...its just a missmash of "how can we add this here" without tottaly liquifying everything.

You're still not answering the question. Damn it, try to stay on track, here:

How is Cloud's personality derailed, as was originally stated?

Back