Dissidia Character Discussion Thread

lm sorry what? your question makes no grammatical sense........just an infinite?

Infinite what?
Hp Gamage
Hit
Wall rush Chance

??? What do you want to know?

Jecht is a great fighter for sure, but his limited moves list leaves him open for limited use IMO I know you can combo diff moves together and give different input via the Stick but that just is not enough.....he is fun to kick the crap outta people though.....you can just feel the impact from his kicks. OUCH!

I'd say my favorite villain in the game to play with is Sephiroth and my favorite to fight against is Jecht. Jecht can be a real challenge because once he connects one attack, you pretty much just put down the PSP and wait until the combo chains finish lol.

Oh, actually one fighter I despise fighting but respect as an adversary is Ultimecia. Her projectiles make me so furious, but that just makes the victory taste even sweeter!

Umm okay what ._. Terra is a "long range evasion" and not a heavy hitter??? O_O dude...have you played naked online matches? EX Mode -> Holy Combo -> Flare -> Ultima = Dead 3 times over :|
She can also fight just as close as melee characters and win >.>

lol that is what Ulty is meant for...pressure so you have to keep dodging/blocking/dashing through her attacks

lol XD hey Kumo! Did you copy pasta the indepth look at dissidia hmmmm?? :randompoke: hahaha

I don't really rely on Ex-mode, in fact I only ever enter it if I'm stuck in a potentially fatal hit, so I think of strategies in that way.

So in my sense, Terra is long-range evasion character. Yes I know she destroys all in ex-mode, but many players are good enough to dodge/block holy so it's actually quite difficult to land Ultima, especially in levels that aren't very open like Pandemonium. Holy-combo is so easy to avoid with Emperor (my character of choice), just set up a mid-air Flare and use Starfall inside it; Flare will just block the magic.

What I like doing with Terra is using a 'brv boost on dodge' accessory with boosters and making the opponent deliberately block Holy back towards me, and simply dodging them. Easy way to increase bravery. If they don't block and keep dodging, they'll eventually run into a dead end so Tornado will hit with ease.

but many players are good enough to dodge/block holy so it's actually quite difficult to land Ultima, especially in levels that aren't very open like Pandemonium. Holy-combo is so easy to avoid with Emperor (my character of choice), just set up a mid-air Flare and use Starfall inside it; Flare will just block the magic.

Agreed. If you have omni-airdash, Ultima is pretty easy to avoid and you can take advantage of the other player's immobility. I can also see Terra holding her own against inexperienced melee players, but she'd get obliterated by people like Tidus and Squall at that range.

Squall sure, but Tidus?? lolwut? His are attacks are easy as hell to block all you need to remember is he dodges first and attacks 2-3sec after >_> fyi Squall and Sephiroth are the BRV rape melees...That's why they have a pretty hard time hitting with HP attacks

Even without EX mode Terra still rapes, btw I play as Emperor too; It's called Meltdown is not blocked by Flares :| Or I can Tornado the Flare or Flood if you are hiding in the Flare
Terra is a mid ranged character, playing long range with Terra means your Holy/Blizzara is useless since they have more travel time meaning they can be seen flying down <.<

Even without EX mode Terra still rapes, btw I play as Emperor too; It's called Meltdown is not blocked by Flares :| Or I can Tornado the Flare or Flood if you are hiding in the Flare
Terra is a mid ranged character, playing long range with Terra means your Holy/Blizzara is useless since they have more travel time meaning they can be seen flying down <.<

Which is exactly what I want you to do; an Hp attack which immobilizes you for a bit, meaning I can bomb you in the face :oops:

Homing Meltdown + Holy is a good way for Holy to hit from distance, they have to dodge Meltdown (unless it's exdeath or jecht), so there's a good chance of Holy connecting.

This is the beauty of Dissidia really; there's so many ways to fight, so much dimension.

xD I know Empy and his flare doesnt come out fast enough to catch me in recover state. Ya it is but still EX mode is where Terra lives...Doublecast I mean why wouldn't you want that?? It is too good to pass up

Obviously I know the awesomeness of doublecast in Ex-mode, but I'm just saying, it doesn't last forever and good players can avoid getting hit easily during that period and just wait for it run out, so I'd rather save it for emergency cases and work on how to be good without Ex-mode.

I dunno, I fucked alot of good players up with holy. If you know how to angle it right, it goes behind blocks and can catch dodges, If you know how to pressure with it right, emperor wont even have time to get out a flare(watch Dave880 vs Kraid(a player known as the best emperor))

And btw, melee to mid ranged Terra has been rated as Top tier and is at the moment winning a tourney(It also fucks up Tidus and Squal)

Kumo you might want to link them, since it is not always easy to find the right matches on youtube

I despise what they did to Gabranth. As one of my favorite antagonists in the seire snow after playing XII for the first time, he was a real letdown.

On the other hand, I loved what they did with FF1 Garland. He never really had a personality after all so Dissidia Garland is basically the real character if you know what I mean.

^ agreed. Garland was a lot more interesting in Dissidia than in his original game. Can't say the same for some other characters, though lol.

Here's a video I watched on the Dissidia Forums. They have a lot of amazing players who would most likely obliterate any of us. This is what I hope to achieve with Cloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaY8uRUOWTI

firion is my fave 'cos of his ability to draw in far enemies and pummel the crap out of them with "double trouble" onion knight is good for combos but if you miss your screwed as he staggers, kefka is a good character to use to keep the enemie moving, use "waggle-wobble firaga" "scatter-spray blizzaga" "meteor" the occasional "trine" and a nice "ultima" when in ex mode, "zap-trap thundaga" is good against enemies you can't get close too like kuja or terra, and if the enemy gets close to you at any point during their dodges use "havoc wing" to knock them back again, "hyperdrive" is a bit of a let down but kefka is my favourite chaos character, my least favourite character is gabranth as you can't do any real damage until you're in ex mode and if your playing against someone with high LUK you've got no chance, i also dislike tidus as his moves are too easily dodged or blocked. :sleep:

Fav/main

my 2 mains are sephiroth and squall. I find that sephiroth is overall sorta decent when running a regular setup, but he becomes a master when you run a low hp IAI Strike setup on him. Equip with lufenian(plus added booseters) and you can break characters with ranged attacks, while draining them of any ex they have. a real destructive setup IMO

squall is just bp and ex mode rape. however hp attacks are so hard to hit against a decent player.

Okay, my mains are Jecht, Squall, and Sepheroth. Squall is my tank. I kick ass with him. Jecht is just fun to play as with his fiery moves and combos. Sephiroth is one of the best characters there is. His moves are killer and with a master behind them you cant beat him. Sephy can take down any of the characters in dissidia.

I don't really think anyone in Dissidia is 'unbeatable', plus Sephiroth's HP attacks are quite easy to dodge. Besides we're all human so we all make mistakes when timing our blocks and dodges, so anyone can beaten on their day.

I've recently started to use Firion a whole lot more; Shield Bash is so useful when up against a Holy-spamming Bartz or Ex-mode Terra, especially when you have a 'Bravery boost on block' accessory. Only problem is he's useless in midair close combat, so I hate playing at Ultimecia Castle or Planet's Core with him.

Firion is a tool!

Just pick a weapon for crying out loud just like Bartz thery hollow characters limited styles and crappy crappy personaliites, I get a lot of joy hearing them be defeated and loath the fact its not permanent.

All of the Other Characters are good to Great in terms of Story, Persona and fighting styles weather VS the CPU or other players guys like the Emperor and Kefka or COD are varied enough to keep you coming back for more.

THe onlyreal let down with AI is ExDeath, because of his defensive and counter based techniques there CPU does not make the best choices of when to defend or counter and the battle can leave you wondering what the hell just happened?

Finally, I have played the game so I can give you guys my 2 cents' worth! (Spent $30 on the game, but you know what I mean).

My mains at this moment are Zidane (lv 100!), Kuja (Love FFIX to death!), Emperor, Exdeath, and Golbez.

Zidane's Brave to HP attacks are not only fun, but necessary. Even with Free Energy equipped, it's hard to connect with HP attacks sometimes while having high Bravery. I'm glad they put all of his Dyne attacks in the game, even Tidal Flame.

Kuja's the only one who can normally glide (others, like Terra, have to reach EX Mode in order to glide), and plus he can move while performing his Brave attacks. Is it any wonder why I like him? Plus Ultima is just devastating. Glad he can achieve Trance, too.

The Emperor is the villain I have used the most so far, even more than Kuja. His traps leave enemies dodging, and a combination of two Flares (ground and midair) can leave foes on the run while giving you enough time to perform Starfall. 7 out of every 10 times I attempt to perform it have been successful.

Exdeath may be the slowest of all characters, but his Brave counterattacks usually deliver critical hits. His only problem is fighting strong, fast guys like Sephiroth.

I used all characters except CoD. She just didn't get my attention, that's all.

As for Chaos, well, one thing irritates me. Have you guys noticed he tries EVEN HARDER when there's an EX Core on the field? Seriously, I'm just lucky whenever I manage to nab it.

Back