Dissidia Character Discussion Thread

Also, you only need 1 item for completion, not ninety nine.

You should press square after jecht says "with a sword," then press square. It took me ages but I can pull it off mostly unless a summon or break gets in the way.

I know, but I wanted those Red/Crimson items to stand out, with that x99. xD And I can actually quite often still time button presses when it is interrupted in the middle of the attacks by a summon, break, or something from the Cosmos or Chaos Rules activating. :awesome:

For me, it's really just an extra second or two to focus.

Edit: And Flare bothers you? Then what, Galaxy, or GF...? >.>

Oh, and great advice Kami (can't remember how the entire name is spelled), I was able to pull it off several times in a row with that in mind. :D

IM gonna get done for Spam here....no it just sound Wired Crimson Wolf.....Flare is not what lm used But GF or Galaxy is fine:)

So in the end I gave up on the whole jecht saga and went with Sephiroth and sqaull and tidus also Cloud as my main fighters, I just feel so used to Sephiroth and felt like I could play with my eyes closed.

This is not to anyone in particular......just sharing my thoughts.

Sorry, didn't mean to weird you out with that name, might not want to have your username end with it if you don't want to be called 'Flare', I am often called by the last name in my username, or something like it. >.>

And if you want to go there, something not quite right about GF either (no, not Guardian Force. xD), so I'll just call you Galaxy, as in Super Mario Galaxy. :lew: Yes, I could come up with some association for most any name. =P

I'm good with Cloud and Squall, not so good with Sephiroth though, which is too bad, because he is a really cool villain. :seph:

My save file was deleted by my cousin, in that file I maxed out Squall, Cloud, Gabranth, and WoL

Now I'm gonna max out Firion, Jecht, ... Golbez?

Golbez is very good imo, so yeah, go with him. You should also never have any problem executing his EX Burst commands in time, I can do them almost instantly, pretty much every time. =P

Plus, I think he is a really cool character, we should have a smiley for him on FFF. :hmmm:

Golbez has that nice guy thing going on....but he still cant part with the darkness in his heart....I like his attacks because of the Spact/time component to his abilities. He is helpful to his supposed enemies against his dark nature and this warrants some level of sympathy
for his motivations and his actions.

Yeah, he's not all bad. Jecht isn't either, they are iffy on whether they really belong to the side of Chaos, or just kind of Neutral.

I wish that you could create one character of your own in it in great detail, pretty much all you could care to get into, such as the character's background, moveset, equipable item types, etc., but I know it really wouldn't fit into Dissidia: Final Fantasy. >.>

Short & Sweet Calze6 ;)

You get Kefka Jecht and Golbez in a room and see whut happens!
They would beat the living crap outta that ass-Clown in no time, As for them being almost neutral thats a good point, though Jecht sounds a little more brainwashed to me than Golbes.

From what l know of FFIV(?) he was set on course of his own volition where as Jecht came to be what he was in FFX on the spur'o'the moment, confronted with the truth of of what sin actually was and how the Calm was to be brought about.

Last edited:
I am conflicted, I may say what character I use mainly, but it really varies, I'm not sure which character I am best with, I just like using Cloud the most, he has Superstar status as leading role in Final Fantasy VII. >.>

Squall is excellent too, but his EX Burst is dull, Lionheart my arse, that isn't it, it is some botched Renzokuken, then the last hit of Lionheart (minus the part in the original game where they take damage when they land, of course). :/

But Cloud on the other hand, his Omnislash is still that crazy good display of Greatsword skill, kind of blinding though, tough to see Cloud for a good chunk of the EX Burst attacks. :hmmm:

Flash and Slash C.W lol

If you like using cloud the best than just say that and have it as the "truth", I like Sephiroth the best as I said earlier.To me he ranks as No.1 then Cloud and Sqaull at a very very close 2 and 3 then TIdus at 4, terra at 5,......and Garland a very distant 6th:hmmm:

That might sound juvenile, but is helps me personally to have ranking sytstem, if you need proof to know who your main fighter is just go to the Stats screen in records thats all the info you need I think.

The stats really only show how often you use the character, though. If you use Firion 40 times & Cloud 15 times, of course Firion is going to have a higher win count.

Yeah, Cloud for me by far has the highest Win count, but also the highest Loss count, I don't always win as him. :hmmm: That's why I think I probably use him so much more because of enjoying using him, there may well be another character or even two that I am better with...

Cloud is either for beginners or for the very few people who actually know how to play him.

Golbez has that nice guy thing going on....but he still cant part with the darkness in his heart....I like his attacks because of the Spact/time component to his abilities. He is helpful to his supposed enemies against his dark nature and this warrants some level of sympathy
for his motivations and his actions.

Yeah I was really hoping that he'd stand up and fight against Chaos in the end with the rest of the Heroes. Everyone on the good side seemed to have some level of darkness or burden that they carry. Don't really know what's stopping him.

Yeah, there is a dark side to everyone, I'd say, just depends how dark, and how often that shows. '<_<

I'm pretty good with Terra, though tough CPUs avoid the projectiles so much, which is all she has; ranged attacks (meaning anything but short/close range...). :hmmm:

Terra is primarily a long range magic user, and as said earlier is not so good in close quaters, she should be set for maximum evasion, its reckless to take her in close where she could get taken apart by the heavy hitters.

I just watch a video where I fought her with Cloud and in in close.....well it did not go well for her! lol

Yep, that match up definitely would go into Cloud's favor, there is that Blizzard Combo (Dairy Queen. <.<) attack that is close range, though, just to knock him away, not quite useless at close range, but certainly most limited.

What is great about Cloud is that once Cloud enters EX Mode, his attacks are all unblockable. ;)

How would you defend yourself if l came after you with my Buster Sword Crimson?
Not very well its 7kg lol

Its those little bits of detail that makes Dissidia great. I just all of sudden watched all my older dissidia Vids on my PS3 and from last september and its strange to watch in regards to how much better I am and how.....easier it is.

How many Battles have you guys done? my total is currently at 5186......but its not a competition lol

Wow. o_O I'm not sure, as I haven't checked lately, but quite a few, I thought...

I would dodge a lot with Terra, like I always do. >.> I dodge a lot more than I block, I like to evade and counter, seriously, like Crimson Wolf. :P

Back